Categories > Books > Phantom of the Opera > Angel in my eyes

Chapter 22

by Lady141220 0 reviews

Futuristic fic about the reincarnated Erik living as a very successful music artist in America, after a botched pyrotechnic episode on stage Erik came away with a bad injury to the right side of hi...

Category: Phantom of the Opera - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Erik - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2007-05-18 - Updated: 2007-05-19 - 1478 words

1Exciting
Distancing herself from him, Christine stopped starring at him she shook her head, "Why do you keep torturing me? First...I think we are both there on the same page then it's like...boom you are a million miles away." Her shoulders slumped in defeat, she hadn't planned on seeing him tonight nor having this conversation with him. "Not to mention you just drop you're engaged and I don't hear from you for two days! Then all of a sudden you're not engaged...why should I believe you?"

"First, I never said I was engaged you assumed." He protested taking a step closer to her cautiously. Reaching for her hand he pleaded with her, "Please...hear me out Christine. If after that you still wish to walk away I promise I won't stop you." Leaving the sentence hanging in the air he could barely find his breath awaiting her response.

Christine was confused; part of her told her to run: it wasn't worth the hassle. She knew men were just as complicated as women but she never knew it would be this difficult, she'd known Erik for almost two weeks now and every day had been a struggle. But there was something there...she knew it, her heart wanted her to stay, and she wanted things to work out one way or another. Nodding slowly she took his hand once again, "You've got three minutes, then I'm heading back to the party." She exclaimed sternly attempting to keep her pride before him.

Erik led her back to the bench suggesting for her to sit, stepping away he took a few deep breaths to calm himself. Turning back to her he sighed, "I was engaged to Elizabeth; yes...but it was ended weeks ago. I haven't seen or talked to her since." He continued his explanation, figuring it was best to get everything out and quickly. "After the accident she...well anyway when I saw the cover it just surprised me. I did care for Elizabeth but with everything that happened I thought she would be the one to stand beside me. I was wrong and it hurt: a lot. I never really came to terms with it, so when I saw that I lost it." He admitted softly turning back to her to ensure she was still listening to his explanation.

Watching him closely she felt her heart break for him, she'd never pitied him for what had happened but she felt for him for what he had endured after it. Still things weighed on her mind, "Why didn't you just tell me that? Instead of playing it all off like it was my fault for not asking? Making me feel like I was in the wrong?"

Erik pinched the bridge of his nose, "I honestly don't know....a defense mechanism perhaps." He offered weakly unable to come up with a justifiable answer. "Christine all I know is that it killed me inside to watch you walk away that night, I was a wreck: not only because of the magazine cover and Elizabeth but because of my feelings for you." Moving slowly he hung his head, taking a seat beside her on the bench, "I spent all day and night on Friday getting drunk...trying to drown away the pain that wouldn't leave. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and broke down inside last night..."

Standing up Christine shaking her head, "No you didn't! Z said you left for a dinner date, and I know you weren't' in your room because..." She stopped suddenly feeling foolish for admitting she'd been standing at his door, wishing he'd open it and talk to her.

Looking up at her, Erik's eyes lit up with a glimmer of hope, "It was you knocking on my door last night!" He stood up besides her smiling down at her, "You came to my room last night?"

Christine nodded, "If you were there why didn't you answer?" She asked not quite believing him.

"I wasn't ready to see anyone," He whispered lowering his head avoiding her gaze, "And I certainly didn't want anyone to see me like that." Bringing his eyes back to meet hers he apologized, "Christine I'm sorry... for everything."

Christine felt terrible, the broken man standing before her had poured his heart out to her and was truly sorry for the accidental miscommunication between them. Slowly she reached up touching the right side of his face, gently coaxing him to look at her. As he lifted his head she smiled at him, "So is that your way of telling me I'm not a home wrecker?" She whispered to him attempting to make him smile.

Erik produced a sad smile and closed his eyes leaning into her touch. "There was never a home to wreck." He whispered opening his eyes once more to gaze into hers, "Do you forgive me?" He asked placing his hand over hers on his cheek.

Standing before him Christine knew words wouldn't convey her answer, placing her left hand on his chest she stood on her tip toes and gently touched her lips to his. The kiss was gentle and somewhat hesitant but sweet at the same time.

Unafraid this time Erik; snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her flush to him deepening the kiss between them. Finally, the need to breathe drew them apart, resting their foreheads against one another they smiled. Running his hand down her dark locks, he moved a few stray curls away from her face, "So is that a yes?"

Giggling Christine kissed him again, this time more determined and passionate, after what seemed like an eternity she pulled away from him reluctantly. Blushing brightly at her cheeks she looked up at him, "That would be a yes."

The soft music playing in the background shifted to a slow song and caught Erik's attention, holding her close he started to sway slowly back and forth guiding her motions. Leaning forward he whispered softly to her, "Dance with me?"

"Find me here, speak to me. I want to feel you, I need to hear you. You are the light that is leading me. To the place where I find peace again. You are the strength; that keeps me walking. You are the hope; that keeps me trusting. You are the life to my soul; you are my purpose, you are everything
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you would you tell me how could it be
any better than this..."

Holding him tightly she leaned her head on his chest sighing contently as she listened to the lyrics of the song, just enjoying the closeness of him and the feel of his arms around her.

"You calm the storms and you give me rest, you hold me in your hands; you won't let me fall. You still my heart and you take my breath away. Would you take me in, would you take me deeper now?
'cause you're all I want you are all I need you are everything...everything"

Erik rested his chin on her head, content just to hold her. Afraid to break the spell they were under he just took in the scent and feel of her, memorizing every part of her. "Tell me I'm not dreaming again..." He whispered to her, fearing his mind was playing another sick alcohol induced game on him again.

Squeezing him tighter she pulled back a bit, "Again?" She asked smiling up at him.

Nodding he chuckled a bit, "Would it scare you to know I was dreaming of you last night? That 'someone' knocking on my door...woke me up."

"I would think the real thing would be better than dreaming..." Christine replied sweetly batting her eyes lashes at him playfully.

"You lov, are correct." He replied kissing her again just getting lost in her lips.

Christine returned his kiss and pulled back, pulling on his hand, "Come on...lets head back to the party." Linking her arm with his she smiled up at him, "This party is for you and your tour."

"Then let us rejoin the party," Erik replied pulling her closer to him. "So long as you stay by my side.." He replied smiling down at her.

"You're stuck with me..." She replied as they made their way back to the party to rejoin their friends.

A/N: Please don't throw stones! I know it's been a while since my last update but there was due reason for it. The song used it by Lifehouse-Everything, again you can hear this on my site. I will try to update quicker next time, but I am preparing for a wedding and in the process of moving. Leave love or hate just let me know you are still reading it. Hearts to you all! Lady
Sign up to rate and review this story