Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 5 > Like the Old Days

Chapter 2

by eowynjedi 0 reviews

Chapter 2

Category: Final Fantasy 5 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2005-11-16 - Updated: 2005-11-16 - 396 words

0Unrated
The sun rose the next morning in a clear blue sky, illuminating the secluded cove where the Syldra was moored. The concealed cave entrance hid a fairly comfortable interior, in which most of the crew slept, save the boatswain and his mates that stood guard on the ship.

The captain, of course, had his own private chamber of the cave. Now, after a good night's sleep he sat up and stretched, his fingers brushing the cold rocky ceiling before he hopped down off of the pillow-strewn ledge. But as the captain was dressed in only a light undershirt and breeches with no loose tunic or heavy coat, it seemed doubtful that he was even a he. Because, in fact, this pirate captain was a woman. A woman by the name of Faris Scherwiz.

She calmly donned the aforementioned tunic and fastened the long black coat before binding her loose violet tresses back into a ponytail, and she was once again Cap'n Faris- young and skinny, but a tried and true pirate, ready to fearlessly lead his crew. That is, if he was wearing shoes. She bent to the floor, pulling on her heavy leather seaboots. As she did, her eyes strayed to a small chest sitting on the floor- pausing, she regarded it for a long moment, then reached out and lifted the lid.

They're still here. Well, of course they were... where else would they be? Reaching inside, Faris pulled out a single, diamond-shaped crystal. It was cool to the touch, and gave off a faint azure glow. There was a miniscule inscription on it that she didn't bother to decipher- she knew that this was the Blue Mage crystal, and as for reading... it wasn't her strong point. Reina had tried to teach her some letters, but there was only one very short lesson before some handmadiens had rushed her away to be dolled up like a princess. After that, of course, ExDeath had attacked, and the rest was the rest.

Ah, those were good times. Carefully replacing the crystal, she slammed the chest shut and locked it. Memories. They were fine, but it was better to live in the present. And the present was always better when you didn't have to fight an ancient sorcerer and see a friend die.

Buckling her sword belt on, the captain strode out to rouse her crew.
Sign up to rate and review this story