Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Flourescent Adolescent

Makes Me Wonder

by thruthekeyholes 1 review

car crash

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-05-19 - Updated: 2007-05-20 - 1394 words

1Exciting
"So, there might be something I forgot to mention," he knew this was a pathetic lead in but he couldn't come up with anything better.
He'd tried.
"If you tell me you're actually a homicidal maniac don't think I won't jump out of a moving car. I will. I am fully prepared to do that," Jen joked but was clearly slightly nervous about this new possibility.
"No, but we may have to go down to Miami in a week and a half or so for the VMA's," he admitted with more than a little reluctance.
It had to be said. He tried to avoid it for as long as he could but he had to tell her. Honestly, he liked that she seemed to have zero idea of who he was and what he did. That was becoming increasingly more rare, especially in an atmosphere like the one he had met her in. Even the catering people on Warped wanted autographs. Her roommate had known who he was.
"Like the MTV VMA's?" she looked at him like he was screwing with her.
"Yeah. We're nominated a bunch of times and I wish I could think of a way to get out of it but if I don't go there will be rumors flying around the internet about how I left the band like two minutes after they get there without me. Then all of the sudden we're all 'fighting' and we 'secretly hate each other' and Gerard will kill me for starting all that shit so it's kind of unavoidable."
Jen didn't say anything for a minute and Mikey couldn't really take time to look at her and attempt to figure out what she was thinking. He was busy driving Jen's car down the highway on their way to New Jersey.
"So, Mikey Mikey Way, how big is this band you're in exactly? When Kait said she knew who you were I figured the college radio scene but now you're talking global I think."
"Yeah, I guess I am a little bit. We've been to Japan and shit. The band's called My Chemical Romance. It's kind of gotten to be this big thing in the past year," it still sounded weird even to him.
"That band with the funeral video?"
He couldn't help laughing a little. Even if she had no clue he was in the band, she'd at least heard of them.
"Yeah, the band with the funeral video. You've seen it then?"
"Hard to miss it. I don't watch a lot of MTV but you can't flip through the channels without catching a glimpse of it and then, it's a funeral so that can catch your attention. And the guy at the pulpit singing is hard to ignore."
"That's Gerard. My brother. He's always been hard to ignore," he admitted.
"I've never seen you in that video," it wasn't accusing, more perplexed.
"I guess I have a tendency to hide. Everybody's always telling me that. You can see me at the beginning and the end but Gerard and Frankie are really the interesting ones. Gee's dramatic and Frankie's insane so they command the attention."
"And you're the quiet, hiding one?" she laughed like that was odd to her.
Of course, she knew confident Mikey. She didn't know the other personality, the one he usually had...or always had before he met her. He had to admit that he liked that. He wasn't sure why he could act the way he did with her. He wasn't sure what caused him to be able to shed that shyness that could tend to overtake him. Maybe it was that they hadn't exactly had the most normal first encounter. Maybe it was because she didn't know him that he could be the person he sometimes couldn't be with other people.
"What, you can be the life of the party all the time?" he asked, choosing not to go into all that with her quite yet.
She'd find out soon enough as it was. The second they'd hit New Jersey, he was sure old Mikey would show back up. For the time being, he would savor the freedom that came with the lack of that knowledge.
"Me? The life of the party? That's an interesting theory. I've never in my life even been invited to the party," she half laughed.
"Life of my party..." maybe he shouldn't have let that slip.
"We could have a party," he couldn't see her face but he could hear the mischief in her voice before anything else happened.
Then he felt her lips in the curve of his neck. He swerved a little and nearly hit the car in the left lane next to him. He couldn't blame the guy for honking and flipping him off as he sped past. Jen just laughed and continued kissing what he decided had to be the most distracting place imaginable.
"I can't concentrate when you do that," he struggled to keep his eyes glued to the road.
"You've never complained about it before."
"I've never been at the wheel of a car before. That guy's going to call and report my ass for drunk driving or something."
"OK," she pulled away. "So, kissing the neck while driving is out. What about this..."
She moved in front of him so quickly that he didn't even see it coming. The second her lips met his he knew he was screwed. On one hand, he couldn't drive and on the other one, he couldn't make himself quit kissing her. His heart sped up immediately as he struggled to get control of the car. He turned slightly so that he could see in front of them well enough to navigate over onto the shoulder. There was an abundance of honking from the cars flying past. As soon as he pulled far enough off the road that he was confident that the car was safe, he pushed it into park and turned it off. Jen hadn't let up on the kiss once as he had nearly had heart failure and she didn't show any signs of it coming in the near future.
By the time his heart quit racing and he thought he could breath on his own again he heard himself laugh. She pulled away from him and looked right into his eyes with the sexiest gleam he had ever seen.
"You are fucking crazy, you know that?" was all he could really say.
She smiled.
"No, you are seriously deranged. I could have totaled the car. I could have run off the road. I could have killed us both and you laugh," he couldn't manage to be as serious as he would have liked to be, not with her looking at him like that.
"A little jolt to the senses will do you a little good."
That was exactly what she was; a little jolt to the senses...all of them.
"I'm not getting back onto the highway until you promise no more kissing."
Again, she grinned.
"OK, fine. No kissing."
Somehow that wasn't comforting and all the other possibilities occurred to him as he realized they'd already occurred to her.
"Or anything else. No kissing, no touching, no nothing. One more thing and you are sitting in the back seat. Got it?"
"Fine, no nothing. I promise. I will sit on my side like a good little girl and let you be all tense."
To demonstrate this newfound restraint (which he was sure would be short lived) she grabbed a magazine off the floorboards and chose a page to scan.
When he was satisfied that she might actually stick to her promise he pulled back onto the highway and started toward New Jersey again. She didn't try to touch him and as happy as he was that he could actually see the road in front of him he had to admit to himself that it ha been pretty exciting. He'd never tell her. He found himself playing it back in his head with the rest of the events of the last two days and couldn't figure out exactly how he gotten himself involved in all of it. He smiled just thinking about what Gerard and the other guys would say if they knew.
Hell, what they'd say when he arrived back home with her at all.
Sign up to rate and review this story