Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

i love everything about you that hurts

by watch_the_sky 4 reviews

awww .. yeah.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-19 - Updated: 2007-05-20 - 1418 words - Complete

2Moving
"I just ruined my entire life" Patrick cursed himself as the group of friends continued to scour the entire carnival for their missing element, "She hates me forever and I ruined my entire life."

"Stop saying that!" Janelle stopped next to him, placing her palms on his cheeks, forcing him to look her in the eye, "You didn't ruin your life, she absolutely does not hate you, before you find her, you need to get those thoughts out of your head."

"But she hates me!" Patrick protested with a frown.

"She does not hate you" Janelle lectured, "You just moved in together and she's afraid of taking such big steps, she's scared to death of what you do to her, how you make her feel and that you might someday break her heart. When she's afraid, she runs, it's what she does best. So now you have to chase after her and save the day, that's what you do best."

"I know where she is!" Rachel stopped dead in her tracks with a smile plastered on her face, announcing her accomplishment, "She's by the lake, down by those rocks she always goes to."

"Of course she is" Patrick cursed under his breath, "Why didn't I think of that?"

"Because you're afraid of finding her" Janelle offered an explanation, with a weak, all knowing smile, "You're afraid of what she's going to say." Patrick closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, Janelle offered a comforting pat on the back and a reminder, "She loves you, so much. Don't forget that."

With a supporting nod from his friends, Patrick took off for the only place he knew she would be, the place he was afraid he would find her, and that was exactly where he found her.

Ana sat contently on a rock down by the lake, on her rock, staring down at the rock she held in her hand, fiddling with the tiny black box it sat in. Sighing heavily, she slid the band out of the box and held is cautiously between her thumb and index finger, examining its every detail. Sliding it over her finger, Ana gazed down now at the site before her, the diamond shining perfectly in the moonlight, the moonlight reflecting perfectly off of the water; examining the ring on her finger, she picked apart it's every detail, its very meaning and purpose of existence. Sighing deeply once again, Ana slid the ring off of her finger and placed it back in the box it belonged in; crossing her legs Indian style underneath her thighs now, she placed the box on the rock before her, staring down at it now, contemplating all of the potential it held.

"You should have taken the ring out of the pocket before you gave me your jacket" Ana joked lightly as his shadow grew on the ground beside her; forever consciously aware of the sound his feet made as he shuffled when he was nervous, the way he pulled his feet heavily along.

"I should have thought harder about the lake before I searched the entire carnival grounds for you" Patrick sighed, taking a seat on the rock next to her, their rock, the rock they had spent so much time on when they were younger, when they were 16 years old, attempting to ignore the fact that they were in love with each other.

"Remember that time we were under the dock, when your shoes got stuck in the mud and you tried to tell your mother that a dog stole them at the park?" Patrick chuckled lightly, attempting to hide the disappointment in his voice in the memories of their childhood.

"I'm afraid of you." Was Ana's monotone response, ignoring the question he had just posed, his attempt to reminisce about a time that had passed so long ago.

"What?" Patrick raised an eyebrow.

"I'm afraid of you. I'm afraid of everything about you; the way you make me feel, the way you feel about me, the way it makes me feel just to hear you say my name, I'm afraid of the feeling of your arms around me when I wake up in the morning, I'm afraid of the way you love me with all of your heart, no questions asked"

"Why are you afraid?" Patrick was baffled, he watched with sadness in his heart as tears began to fill behind her eyes, sitting on the brim of her eyelids, ready and waiting to fall.

"Because ..." Ana confessed, inhaling sharply to hold back her tears, "I'm afraid of losing it all. I know that you're not like him and I shouldn't be afraid, but I am and human nature is to run from your fears."

Patrick nodded in understanding, mumbling an unnecessary apology as a momentary silence fell over them both, the distant sound of the carnival affairs echoing around them. Ana sighed quietly now, "I promise to love you forever", before reaching out to the box on the rock in front of her, picking it up and placing it gently on the rock before Patrick. "I want to marry you" She admitted, her gaze averted to the water in front of her now, sadness still filling her voice, "I'm sorry for what I did, but I can't promise I won't run from my fears, I can only promise to love you forever, with all of my heart."

"Don't apologize" Patrick shook his head with a sigh, "I shouldn't try to rush you, I know what you've been through and I'm sorry for rushing it all."

"You're not rushing anything, it's just ..." Ana sighed in frustration now, unable to form the words to express the way she felt, settling on what she knew best, "I love you and I promise you forever."

A smile crept across Patrick lips now, picking up the tiny black box, he took a knee on the rock before her, as a gentle man should. Ana wiped feverishly at her cheek bones now, desperately attempting to dry the tears that were now falling as Patrick spilled his heart to her, "I love you Anabella Genevamarie Stumotrolazera, I've love you since we were eight years old and you smashed up my bike in your grand-parents driveway. I would never intentionally break your heart and if you run, I'll come looking, I promise. I need you in my life, I can't chance losing you again." Taking her hand, Patrick tried to hide the tears building in his voice as he confessed his heart to a girl he's loved since the third grade, "Marry me."

Tears crashed over her cheeks bones and she desperately pressed her lips to his, breaking away only momentarily as Patrick slid the diamond ring over her finger.

"I love you so much" She mumbled into his lips.

"I knew she would be here!" Rachel's voice rang from the shadows behind them.

"And from the looks of it, we'll soon have a wedding to attend." Janelle cooed as ringing echoed from Nick's cell phone.

Ana wiped away the last of her tears when Patrick reluctantly pulled away from their kiss, nodding happily to the by-standing group before rushing over to her friends, embracing them in an over-joyous hug as squeals of excitement echoed through the darkness.

"Pete calls dibs on throwing the bachelor party!" Nick announced from beyond the earpiece of his cell phone, before handing it over to Patrick, "And he would like to congratulate you personally."

"Hello?" Patrick pressed the phone to his ears as a shriek filter through it.

"You are one insane mother fucker! But I couldn't be happier, congratulations man."

"Thanks" Patrick smiled brightly, "How ready are you to be a best man?"

"So fucking ready dude, but you better promise me godfather too, I want first; I'd be a kick ass Uncle Petey." Pete confessed with a laugh.

"Alright man, I promise." Patrick agreed

"Good deal" Pete replied, "Tell Nick to call me tomorrow and let's get on with an engagement bash, I'll be home in Chi-town next week, peace!"

Ana raised an inquisitive eyebrow at Patrick as he handed the phone back to Nick.

"Pete calls dibs on being the first godfather." Patrick smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close.

"I call first godmother!" Janelle announced, raising her left hand with excitement.

"Seriously guys, baby steps. One thing at a time." Ana laughed, relaxing into Patrick's embrace, staring down at the diamond on her finger that now held her entire future.
Sign up to rate and review this story