Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 5 > Like the Old Days

Chapter 4

by eowynjedi 0 reviews

Chapter 4

Category: Final Fantasy 5 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2005-11-17 - Updated: 2005-11-17 - 722 words

0Unrated
"Bloody 'ell!" Ridley exclaimed, rushing over. "Queen Tycoon!" And indeed, it was. The nineteen-year-old knight lowered her weapon, glaring fiercely. "Captain Scherwiz! What right have you to assail us?" she demanded in an incensed, if regal, tone.

"We took ye fer a merchan' ship," Faris replied, half-nonplussed, "as yeh did no' sail under th'royal colors."

"And that is an excuse? Three of my men are dead, Captain, and four severely wounded! How dare you!"

"Well, what the 'ell were yeh doin' on a merchan' barque?! We'd never 'ave boarded yer if we'da known!" Faris retorted hotly. Bloody 'ell, Reina... you /know there're pirates in these waters.../

"Your Highness, let us not waste time on these rogues," the captain advised, glaring at Faris. Reina, however, shook her head.

"Nay, Aberon." She turned back to Faris. "If you wish to make reparations, your men can repair the damage they did to my ship."

Faris was about to offer the same thing herself, but all the same, she pretended to take the matter under consideration for the benefit of her crew. "Well..." she said slowly. "Aye, I s'pose 'tis fair. Ridley!" she barked at the first mate.

"Cap'n!"

"Get six men an' repair wot we done t'Queen Tycoon's ship." As Ridley replied with an "aye aye," Faris turned back to Reina. "Sorry abou' yer men. Pass along me apologies t'their mates." The Queen nodded, then gave Faris a sharp glance with green eyes that were identical to her own.

"Captain, 'twas strange fortune that brought us to meet. I must speak with you, in my cabin." Faris raised her eyebrows at Reina's secretive tone. What was worrying her sister? Whatever it was, it probably had something to do with not traveling in a ship of the royal navy- but Faris couldn't think of any reason why Reina would need to hide on a barque. Unless, perhaps, she thought Tycoon would soon be at war... but that was unlikely. She nodded to Ridley and gestured that she would be talking with Reina, then followed her below.

Whatever was going on, she needed to know what it was.

"That's it?" Faris asked half an hour later, quite bemused at Reina's explanation. Her sister glared at her.

"Is that all you can say? Bartz is missing. I've not heard from him in over a month now."

"Aye, but, well..." The pirate captain shrugged. "'E's a wanderer, Reina. 'Im an' Boco're prob'ly off explorin' somewheres. I mean, we ain't talked since springtide, an' yew 'aven't gone searchin' fer me, 'ave yer?"

"I know. Usually, I wouldn't be worried about him. But he was supposed to return from Rikks four weeks ago, and there've been no reports of him at all."

Faris frowned. "Hmph. That still don't explain the merchan' ship, though."

Reina sighed. "That was my first advisor's idea. He seemed to think it would be safer if I traveled undercover, rather than displaying the royal colors. Obviously, he was wrong."

"I'll say 'e was," Faris muttered. "Yer jus' lucky 'twas us tha' foun' yew an' not some other ship. Yew'd be in a tight spot then, make no mistake." Reina nodded in agreement. "So wot izzit yew want wit' me, eh? You ain't suggestin' that both of us go off lookin' fer 'im, are yew?"

The young queen shook her head. "No... as I said, it was simply luck that we crossed paths. I was going to put out a bounty for his capture at Tule, you see."

"Cunnin'," Faris said, and Reina smiled, looking pleased.

"I thought so. Hopefully that will find him... though there's no telling what state he'll be in when they bring him back." Faris gave a short chuckle at this, before there was an uncomfortable sort of pause.

"I'll escort yer ship t'Tule so yeh don' get boarded by any other pirates," Faris said at last, standing. Reina nodded and rose to her feet as well.

"That sounds like a good plan." They headed back up to the deck in silence, parting to talk to their different subordinates.

"Git th' crew back aboard ship," Faris ordered Ridley as she grabbed the rope and stepped up on the railing. "We're goin' ter be escortin' 'er Majesty ter Tule." She didn't need to wait for his "aye aye, Cap'n" before swinging back to the Syldra.
Sign up to rate and review this story