Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Heart Can't Take This Hurt

Chapter 13

by Rybekka 4 reviews

...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-05-22 - Updated: 2007-05-22 - 1638 words

0Unrated
NOTES= This is not over, for some weird reason it says this fic is finished but it isn't, there are nineteen chapters =) so don't worry =D thanks for all the comments! you guys rule.

Chapter 13 =

Ryan's pov.

After school Brendon's dad picked us up. We stopped at my house and I picked up a couple of things along with my guitar. I hadn't played the guitar for a long time now and I missed it. Plus, I had promised Brendon to play him the song I'd been working on.

I walked into my home. Everything was so quiet and forgotten. On the kitchen table still lay a bagel I was going to eat when the police officer came and picked us up. Everything looked so normal still the house had been deserted for a week now. I didn't want the feeling of being home consume me so I quickly went into my room. I picked up my guitar case along with a bag of clothes. Then I went to Sophia's room and got a few dolls for her and some clothes too.

With my hands full of stuff I closed the front door and went back into Brendon's car.

__________________________________________
I was up in Brendon's room tuning my guitar, he had gone downstairs to check if it was okay for us to make some noise. Brendon's parents were very strict about that kinda thing cause they had once gotten a complaint from their neighbor about noise.

After a few minutes I had tuned my guitar and Brendon was back upstairs with a permission to play. According to his mom their neighbors were on vacation so we could make all the noise that we wanted.

"So what's it called?" Brendon asked excitedly and sat down on his bed beside me.

"Um, I'm not sure yet, but here's the lyrics" I nervously handed him my notebook. "I'll play you what I've come up with" I added and started playing the song.

When I was playing I felt really nervous and insecure, he was going to judge this song and what if he hates it. What if he doesn't like my lyrics? What about my singing, I know that I'm not the greatest singer but will he say that I suck?

I stopped playing. I couldn't play anymore. You can say that I got stage fright.

Brendon who had his face stuck to the notebook page that I had handed him looked up with a surprised look on his face.

"Why did you stop? There are more lyrics here," He said confused.

"Um, I don't know.." I said nervously and fiddled with the pick in my hands.

"Then go on." He said eager and looked away from me to the lyrics. Surprised I started playing again. He really seemed excited to hear more so I guess that was a good sign so I just cleared my mind and played the rest of the song.

I played the last chord and Brendon finally looked up from the notebook.

"Great Ryan, this is a really good song. I mean, I could never write lyrics like that." He said smiling and handed me the notebook. I took it and closed it still kinda shaking. I had been really worried that he wouldn't like it but I guess that was just stupid.

"Thanks, I've had some ideas for the drums in the song.." I stopped taking when I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I picked it up and looked at the screen. I didn't recognize the number.

"Who is it?" Brendon asked curiously.

"Only one way to find out." I said and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ryan?" a girl's voice asked.

"Um, yeah. Who is this?" I asked, I had no idea who this was.

"Its Sarah," she said cheerfully. Brendon sat curious before me and mouthed "who is it?". I covered the phone with my hand and whispered "Sarah". Brendon nodded in surprise and then winked at me.

"Hey, still there?" her voice suddenly filled my ear once again.

"Huh, oh yeah. I'm here" I said with my mind racing. Why was she calling me?

"I was wondering if I could come over later or something? I'm just really bored and my internet connection is down. I'm going crazy out of boredom" She explained. I had no idea what to say. I mean if she liked me and I said yes, I was just getting her up for a let down.

"Its okay if you have to do something, its just everyone I called were doing something so, I figured why not call you" she said hiding the disappointment behind her wishful words. I couldn't say no. She was a sweet girl and her best friend was away, and Sophia had been spending an awful lot of time with me. So basically Sarah didn't have anyone else to cheer her up.

"No, no. We can hang out, but I'm staying at my friend's house. Do you mind him hanging with us?" I said carefully watching as Brendon's smirk grew bigger.

"No I don't mind at all!" She replied and I gave her Brendon's address and bid her goodbye.

"Dude, is she coming over?" Brendon asked with that know-it-all smirk on his face.

"Yeah... But its not like that" I said trying to sound serious but who could when Brendon's immature smirk wouldn't disappear. I put my phone back into my pocket and punched Brendon in the shoulder as I stood up to place my guitar on the guitar stand.

"Whatever you say man."

___________________________________________


About an half hour later of Brendon's not-so witty remarks about me and Sarah she came knocking on his door. He, of course acting like a six year old, ran to the door to greet Sarah.

I waited awkwardly in the kitchen afraid of facing this girl.

I heard Brendon invite her in like a perfect gentleman then call out my name.

"Ryan your friend is here," keyword being 'friend'.

I revealed myself from my hiding place in the kitchen and walked into the living room. There she stood with a shy smile on her face looking straight into my eyes.

"Hi, Ryan." she said and waved. Brendon stood behind her smiling like an idiot. What was I thinking inviting her over. What were we even supposed to do?

This was going to be awkward.

Surprisingly I proved myself wrong.

When the awkward silence finally ended and Sarah stopped her shy act everything went great. Brendon suggested we played Guitar Hero. Of course me and him rocked at that game but to my surprise so did Sarah.

Apparently her big brother had that game and she liked to sneak off into his room and play trying to better his high scores to piss him off.

"NOOO." Brendon yelled devastated and collapsed on his knees in defeat. "I. Just. Got. Beaten. By. A. A. A. GIRL." he went on taking this act just a step to far. But he seemed to enjoy the attention he was getting from Sarah.

"You just got to back your shit up!" She said putting her hands up in the air and declared herself the Guitar Hero.

I just sat by my-shy-self in the sofa watching those two act like idiots over a video game.

Suddenly the phone began to ring in the kitchen.

"Ryan, please. Can you answer that. I'm to defeated to talk." he said dramatically and raised himself from the floor giving Sarah an evil look.

"Sure drama queen" I said and quickly got up from the sofa and ran into the kitchen to pick up the phone. I could hear their laughter all the way into the kitchen, I heard Brendon state that there must have been a mistake and demanded a rematch. Poor guy when he would get defeated again. By a girl.

"Yelllo" I said cheerfully.

"Good day, may I ask who is speaking?" a man's voice asked.

"Ryan Ross, but this is the Urie's house." I answered slightly curious who was asking. "Good, I'm doctor Martin Cline from the Las Vegas City Hospital and I have a few questions for you concerning you parents" Dr. Cline said.

"Is something wrong?" My heart skipped a beat.

"No, no. Everything is just fine, just some questions about your parents previous medical history's."

"Oh, okay." I felt my tensed body loosen up and waited for the doctor's questions.

"If you don't mind it would be better if you could come down to the hospital."

"Um, okay. Sure thing. I'll be there as soon as possible." I said politely and hung up after a formal goodbye.

I walked over to Brendon and Sarah who were both way into the game.

"I'm going to the hospital guys" I said. The didn't even look at me. I saw Brendon give me a small nod. "Be back soon".

___________________________________


I took the bus to the hospital and met with the doctor. For an hour and a half I said in his office answering some of the most boring questions ever.

I didn't go to see my parents. I just couldn't bare to watch them pale and lifeless using a machine to breath.

When I got back to Brendon's Sarah had already left. I expected Brendon to be hyper as always but he wasn't. I guess the sudden hyperness earlier was caused by the presence of Sophia and m&m's.

It always got me down when I came near that hospital. So the only thing that I did when I got to Brendon's was walk past all these people that seemed to care about me stuttering Okay's and I'll be fine's.

Even when Claire came rushing to me I sent her off with 'I'm tired'.

He says he's tired of life
He must be tired of something.
Sign up to rate and review this story