Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Heart Can't Take This Hurt

Chapter 12

by Rybekka 3 reviews

...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-05-20 - Updated: 2007-05-20 - 1513 words

1Moving
Notes = THANK you so much for you comments guys =D


It was 2 am. I was still wide awake. I had school the next day, and I'd probably fall asleep in class. Not exactly what I needed right at the moment. But the thought of the events that happened earlier that night kept me up.

Our lips slowly connected. It was a small innocent kiss, yet it meant so much to me. I softly ran my hand though her thick brown hair then I parted from the kiss. With my eyes still closed I was afraid to open them. Afraid that Sophia would reject me.

I opened my eyes. Sophia sat there, her face still only a few inches away from mine, with her eyes wide open. She just stared at me. I was starting to feel very uncomfortable. I couldn't say anything, and it didn't look like she was going to.

"Ryan!"

I jumped up at the sound of someone yelling my name from downstairs. I quickly stood up and made my way to the door. Before I walked out of the room, I gave Sophia a quick glance and stuttered: "I-I-I gotta go."


Did she really have feelings for someone else? That event probably made it clear that she didn't like me, but I just couldn't take it. I wanted her, I needed her. She was there when everyone had failed to be there. She was the first person that I told everything about my dad. But still it seemed that she had no romantic feelings for me whatsoever.

I sighed. I was lying on a mattress on Brendon's floor. He was fast asleep; I could even hear his girly snoring. I mean, Claire was snoring right beside me and I couldn't hear the difference.

I hadn't told anyone what had happened earlier that night. I had been very quiet for the rest of the night. I thought Brendon would take it as I was mad at him or something, but he just gave me time. It was like he had grown up a little since I told him about everything. He was just taking things like a grown-up.

I turned to the other side on the little mattress and snuggled up my pillow. Sophia was probably on her way to Chicago by then, and I was there alone in the dark wondering what she was thinking. Did she want me or not?

______________________________________


Next morning I woke up ready to cook breakfast, get Claire dressed and walk to school but I didn't have to do any of those things. When I walked yawning into the kitchen Brendon's mom was already awake and making eggs for breakfast and by the kitchen table Claire sat, fully dressed.

"Good morning Ryan! Breakfast will be served in a few minutes. Just take a seat." Brendon's mom smiled and I walked over to the table and sat on the chair next to Claire. She had two braids in her hair and was wearing red dress. She had a big smile on her face while she sat there reading a book. I felt a smile appear on my face. She just looked so happy.

Soon enough, I was sitting in Brendon's dad's car on my way to school. we had already dropped Claire off, and we were right on time. I guess my teachers would have been happy that I got to school on time.

Brendon and I walked across the school yard. Kids were still outside, which meant that school wouldn't start yet. Halfway across the school yard we saw Jon and Spencer walking before us. We ran to catch up with them and the four of us walked together to class. Everything felt so different. I hadn't been able to hang out with my friends before class for a long time. It felt good walking the main hallway not running trying to get to class on time.

_____________________________________


The school day went by pretty quickly. I kinda had fun. Before I knew it, we were sitting in the cafeteria eating our lunch.

"Hey Ryan, didn't you say that you have been working on some songs?" Spencer suddenly asked while he was sipping on his Capri Sun.

"Yeah, kinda. I'll show you what I've got on the next practice," I said and smiled half-heartedly. I really didn't know if I was ready to show them that song I wrote. I didn't want them to think that my dad hit me or something. I had only told them that he got drunk sometimes.

But that thought got interrupted when I felt a small pat on my back.

"Hey, Ryan right?" I turned to see that friend of Sophia's, Sarah.

"Oh, yeah, Hi Sarah," I said smiling. She was holding a food tray in her hands.

"Um, I was wondering if I could sit with you? You know, Sophia is in Chicago, and well, I have no one to sit with," she said shyly and stood there staring at me.

"Um, sure that'd be okay I guess," I said and looked at the guys. They just seemed happy by the presence of the girl.

"Thanks," she said and sat down between me and Brendon.

"So, these are my friends..."

"I'm Brendon," he cut me off smiling and put out his hand for Sarah to take it. She smiled surprised at him and shook his hand.

"Hi, I'm Sarah," she said smiling at Brendon.

"I'm Spencer," Spencer said and waved.

"And I'm Jon," Jon said shyly. She smiled at them and blushed at all the attention she was getting.

"So, are you guys in Ryan's band?" she said, making conversation.

"Yeah, the four of us are in it," I said. I checked my watch, only five minutes until class started. "Hey, class starts in five minutes, I'm gonna go," I said and stood up.

"What class are you going to?" Sarah asked and picked up her backpack.

"Math," I said, curious to why she was asking.

"Great, I'm going to English. Can I walk with you?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"Um, yeah. Sure," I said, confused. Well, I had only met this girl once before and I didn't really know anything about her. Other than she liked to smile a lot. A pretty smile.

I waved at the guys. Brendon winked at me and I just rolled my eyes. I turned away from them and started walking out of the cafeteria with Sarah by my side.

"So, how have you're parents been doing?" she asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Um, fine, I guess," I said and looked down. I really didn't mean to sound mean, but I really didn't want to talk about my parents right then. The day had been good so far, and I just didn't want to think about them, or what would happen.

"Well, that's good," she said a little too optimistically.

We were almost there when she stopped me suddenly.

"Um, Ryan?" she said nervously. "I was wondering if we could, like, hang out sometime. I mean, until Sophia gets back." That caught me a little off guard. She was staring at me with that smile of hers plastered over her face.

"Uh, sure," I said, scratching my head yet again, surprised she was even talking to me.

The bell rang.

"Um. Bye then. See you later?" she said, starting to walk towards her classroom looking back towards me.

"Um, yeah. Bye," I said and walked into my own classroom. Brendon came running inside after me.

"So what did she want?" he said catching his breath. I guess he thought he would be late and ran a marathon to get here on time.

"Um. She asked me if we could hang out sometime," I said trying to sound normal because I knew Brendon would make fun of it. And he did.

"Oh really?" he said with a smirk on his face. "Now you have two little girl friends," he went on laughing at his own joke.

"Ha Ha. Very funny." I said sarcastically and sat down in my seat. Brendon sat down beside me and kept talking.

"I mean, you've all of a sudden become Mr. Popular with the girls," Brendon said and winked. I just rolled my eyes and started picking up my books from my backpack.

Brendon sent me a final smirk then got his own books. Mrs. Green walked into the classroom and started the class with ordering everyone to open their books on page 182.

I opened my book unable to concentrate on what Mrs. Green was saying. Why had Sarah suddenly been so interested in me? I mean, it looked like she liked me, but you never know. Hadn't Sophia told her what had happened between us? Or maybe she didn't because she didn't want that kiss to have happened. Which meant that she didn't want me. Then I shouldn't be feeling a little guilty from saying yes to Sarah about hanging out?

Sigh.

GIRLS. Why did they have to be so complicated to figure out?
Sign up to rate and review this story