Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Heart Can't Take This Hurt

Chapter 11

by Rybekka 4 reviews

...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-05-18 - Updated: 2007-05-18 - 1208 words

2Moving
Ryan's POV

I spent the whole day at Brendon's. Jon and Spencer came and I explained everything to them too. Things were good between us all then.

We talked about our band for a quite a while. Jon had been to his first bass lesson and was getting really excited to play. Spencer had set up his drum set at his grandma's and Brendon had gotten a program on his computer that he could use to record songs. I really felt bad 'cause I had realized when they were talking about this why they had been so mad at me. They had all been so excited about it and it had seemed like I didn't even care about the band. But they had forgiven me and everything was good between us.

We decided to call the band Panic! At the Disco, it was a quote from one of my favorite songs by Name Taken: Panic. We were all happy about it being so different. It even had an exclamation point, Jon had pointed out.

I was sitting in front of Brendon's laptop. He had insisted that he had to show me that program he had gotten. He was downstairs talking to his mom, and had already asked her if I could stay but I guess she had some follow up questions. I was just sitting there just staring at my surroundings when I felt my cell phone vibrate in my pocket. I quickly got it out and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ryan," Sophia said happily. "So how did it go with Brendon and the guys?"

"Great. Everything is good between us now," I said, smiling at the sound of her voice.

"Ahh, I'm glad. We just got back from the hospital," she replied.

"How were they doing?"

"They're stable. The doctor said that now we only have to wait for them to wake up." Waiting. I hated waiting.

"Okay. I'll come to your house soon and pack our things. Brendon is letting me stay here," I said, changing the subject.

"That's great. See you soon then."

"Yeah, bye," I said, hanging up. Few seconds later I heard Brendon running up the stairs, and then he came running through the door.

"Ah, sorry that took so long, anyway," he said and hurried over to the computer and sat on a chair beside me. We spent the following half hour experimenting with that program. Brendon recorded himself singing and then put all kinds of effects to his singing. At one point we were both laughing our asses off because we had used this high pitched tone effect that reminded me of Claire. Brendon acted offended that I had compared his voice to an eight year old girl's voice. Then we were just, actually doing nothing.

I looked up from the computer and out the window. It was getting dark outside.

"Hey, I have to go," I said and patted Brendon's back as I stood up. He had his face practically pressed up against the computer screen. What a nerd.

"HELLO. Take your eyes off that computer for 5 seconds!" I said poking him in the side.

"Ow," he whined and finally looked up. "What?"

"I need to go get my stuff at Sophia's," I explained and picked my jacket off Brendon's bed.

"Oh, okay." Brendon said uninterested. I started walking towards the door. "Hey wait. I haven't even met this Sophia girl. Why haven't I met her?" I turned around and gave him an annoyed look.

"You have met her. Don't you remember? You acted like a jerk to her," I said as I tried not to sound mad.

"Oh. Sorry, please tell her I'm not always like that. I shouldn't have acted like that," Brendon said, being truly sorry. I had forgotten about it, but I felt that I was still a little mad at him for saying that. But who could blame him...

"Yeah, It's okay, I'll re-introduce you to her when she gets back from Chicago," I said and sent him a little smile.

"Well, okay. Bye" He said and smiled back then shifted his eyes to the computer screen.

"Bye," I said and walked out of his room and downstairs. When I walked past the kitchen, I saw his mom cooking dinner.

"Hey, thanks again Mrs. Urie for letting me stay here," I said politely and smiled.

"No problem honey, are you going to get your sister?" She said and looked up from her cooking.

"Yeah, I'll be back soon," I said and put on my jacket before walking out of the house into the cold air.

__________________________


Soon enough I was standing on Sophia's front porch knocking on her door. Few moments later she came running to the door.

"Hey Ryan," she said happily and let me in. I walked inside the house and the first thing that I saw was the packed suitcases that were waiting in the hallway.

"When are you leaving?" I asked as I took off my jacket.

"Well, the plane leaves at 11pm so we have to be there circa 2 hours before. So I guess in 3 hours." she said and gave me a half hearted smile. "But hey, while you were at Brendon's me and Claire packed all your things."

"Oh, Thanks," I said and smiled. "Where's Claire?"

"She's just upstairs playing or something. Come, I'll get your suitcases," she said, and I followed her up the stairs to her room. In the middle of the room stood one small suitcase. I guessed we didn't have many things with us. We weren't expecting that my parents would be in the hospital for such a long time.

"So..." she said pointlessly and sat on her bed. "Everything is fine with you guys now?"

"Yeah, everything is great," I said and sat down beside her while sending her a little smile. "Brendon said that I should tell you that he is sorry how he acted the other day."

"Heh. Tell him that it was okay," she said and started to play with her hair. That was her cute little habit. She twirled her brown hair around her finger and looked down at the carpet.

Suddenly the door to her room and her father appeared. I hadn't really talked to him much, he was always working.

"Hey Ryan, don't you and Claire need a ride to your friends'?" He said smiling. "It's getting dark outside and we don't want you to walk in the dark with a suitcase would we?"

"Heh, no. Thanks, we would appreciate a ride," I said politely.

"Great. Hey, I'll just take your suitcase downstairs. I'll be ready to drive you in 10 minutes." He said and grabbed the suitcase then walked out of the room. I looked from the door at Sophia.

"So, I guess this is goodbye," I said smiling shyly.

"I guess it is..." she said still twisting her hair around her finger. The uncontrollable urge to kiss her appeared again, and I was not going to let anything stop me.

I put my fingers carefully on her cheek and turned her head to face me. She was surprised at my sudden move and looked at me wide eyed. I leaned in and pressed my lips softly against hers.
Sign up to rate and review this story