Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Heart Can't Take This Hurt

Chapter 10

by Rybekka 0 reviews

...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-05-12 - Updated: 2007-05-12 - 1095 words

0Unrated
yan's POV.

The next day I woke up to an empty room. Claire was nowhere to be seen. I sat up in the bed and looked around me. On the table beside the bed lay a note. I picked it up and yawned.

Good morning Ryan!
Claire and I went to the hospital to see how your parents are doing. If you want breakfast there's probably something in the fridge, just help yourself =)

Sophia

I threw the note back on the table and collapsed on the bed again. I wasn't quite ready to get dressed and face the world.

For a good ten minutes I just laid in bed and did nothing. Just thought. Then finally decided to take a quick shower and call Brendon. I needed to work it out with them. I was tired of just worrying about it. I just had to face them.

___________________________________
After taking a shower and picking up an apple for breakfast I got my phone and dialed Brendon's number. I held the phone up to my ear and waited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, its Ryan."

The line went dead. You've gotta be kidding me. Could he be any more immature about it?

I dialed his number again. This time he picked up right away.

"WHAT?" he spat annoyed.

"I need to talk to you and the guys."

"We don't want to talk to you!" he said stubbornly.

"Brendon, please don't act like this, there's something important I need to tell you guys." I said trying my best to make him understand.

"We don't care since we're not important to you anymore. Or our band."

"My parents are in the hospital." blurted out.

Silence. I heard how he tried to say something but hesitated every time.

"Can I come to your place? I need to explain."

"Ok." he said and hung up.

I put my cell phone in my pocket and grabbed my jacket. Well, I had gotten him to agree to see me. That was a start.

I ran upstairs and picked up the note from Sophia. I turned it around and scribbled down a little message to inform her that I was going to Brendon's. Then I put it on my bed and left the house.

It was good to feel the morning air blowing through my newly washed hair. It felt like forever since I had been outside, since I had spent the last two days in Sophia's guest room, just laying there not wanting to face all my problems. But I really needed sort everything out. I couldn't hide from my problems forever.

Brendon's house was in sight.

I started to walk faster until I reached the front door. I knocked on it then nervously waited for an answer. The driveway was empty so his parents probably weren't home.

After a couple of minutes the door was opened and I met Brendon's face. He had a frown plastered over his face. He didn't say anything and just let me in. He walked over to the living room sofa and sat down. I followed him and sat on the sofa in front of him.

"I don't know where to begin," I started, searching for the right words, but Brendon cut me off.

"Why don't you start with telling me why you'd rather spend your time with some girl you just met rather us." he said stubbornly and crossed his arms.

"Brendon. Please don't be like that, it's hard enough for me as it is to have my best friend hate me too." I said and tried as hard as I could not to break into tears. I was so tired of crying. I looked back up at Brendon.

"Well, you better have good reasons then." He said avoiding my stare. He just stared at the living room table in front of him and ignored my presence.

"My parents are in the hospital cause my dad drove his car into my mom's because he was drunk. He is always drunk. That day I ditched you guys I was at Sophia's cause I couldn't take it to see you guys and act like everything was alright when my dad had just pushed me to the floor and said that I was gonna grow up to become nothing. My parents are both in a coma right now and I have nowhere to stay because Sophia and her family are going to Chicago tomorrow. And my best friends hate me. Good enough reasons for you?" I said with tears in my eyes. I was so tired of his stubbornness; best friends shouldn't be like that.

All this time Brendon had been avoiding my stare but when I ended my speech he finally looked up with sadness filling his eyes.

"Ryan, I-I-I'm so..." he said and looked back down. No, I didn't want more crying.

"Brendon, please don't cry, I just need you to forgive me. I can't stand watching people crying anymore I've seen enough of that in the last couple of days." I said choking back my own tears. He looked up at me with a small sad look plastered over his face and tears in his eyes.

"Ryan, I'm just so sorry by the way I've been acting. I can't believe I wasn't there for you. You shouldn't even accept my apology. I don't deserve to be your friend after acting like this." he said full of remorse.

"Well, I kinda need you to be my friend at the moment, or else I have nowhere to stay" I said and let out a little smile. He looked up at wide eyed.

"OH, of course you can stay here." He said and stood up, I stood up and he walked over to me and we hugged. After like 2 seconds we let go. It was pretty awkward.

"Friends?" I said hand put my hand out.

"Friends." he smiled and took it.

"So, I really need to talk to Jon and Spencer too," I started.

"I'll call them, I'm sure they'll be cool about everything too. Maybe we can even talk about the band." Brendon said, enthusiastic and smiled. I guess he really felt sorry.

"Okay" I said and he picked up his phone to call the guys. I smiled at him and he left the living room to talk to them. I sat back down on the sofa with a smile on my face. I had gotten my best friends back and I had a place to stay for the next days.

I finally had a reason to smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story