Categories > Original > Fantasy > Odd or Even

chapter 1

by Ponygirl 0 reviews

n this world there are two groups of people, odd and even. The even people are normal and the odd ones are... well... odd. They are both fighting to see who controls the other. This story is about ...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-23 - Updated: 2007-05-23 - 947 words

0Unrated
Maya walked along the dirt street. Her long, straight, black hair fell to her lower back and swayed as she walked. She had bangs that curved and only revealed one of her icy blue eyes. She was tall and thin. A black, leather suit covered her body and a black, material belt was sitting lopsided on her petite waist. Strapped to her belt was a gun and a pouch.


The land around her was completely destroyed. She was in one of the richest cities and there was still only one building. The rest was tents.


She walked up to the building and held up a piece of paper for the guards. They stepped aside and she walked through. She had done this many times.


Down the hall she brought her hand up to knock on an old oak door. She paused when she heard two voices.


"Father," one said, "this is the most idiotic plan I've ever heard. Our men shall never return."


"It's the only thing we have left to do," said the other, "anything else is even more suicide. We nee... what's wrong?"


"Someone's at the door." Then there were footsteps and the door was pulled open revealing a teen boy and an older man.


The boy was tall, thin and muscular with shaggy, dark brown hair. He had a tattoo of a black snake winding around his arm and over his shoulder on both of his arms. The heads rested on his chest and they had blood red eyes. He wasn't wearing a shirt. Only a pair of black sweats pants. What really got her were his eyes. They weren't normal. They had a black cloud in front of them so the colour wasn't visible. The rest of his face was cold and hard.


The man was short and plump with a slight amount of muscle. He had greying black hair and grey eyes. He was wearing a dark green outfit, obviously from the army. He smiled warmly at her.


"You must be Maya," he said and she nodded, "Dominic, would you mind getting another chair for our guest?"


The boy shook his head and walked over to a closet. He pulled it open and felt around for a chair. He pulled one out and walked over to the desk at the back. He placed it beside another chair.


"He may be blind," the man said, "but he can find his way around better than I can." He chuckled and walked over to his desk.


She followed and sat down. Dominic stood beside the man and she didn't understand why there were two chairs until another girl walked in.


She was short and thin with blond, curly hair that fell to her mid back. She had the brightest blue eyes Maya had ever seen. She was wearing a low cut, short, black dress that had a diamond cut out where her belly button was. She smirked when she saw Dominic.


"Hey Nick," she teased, "guess what I'm wearing." She paused and waited for a response. When one didn't come she went on, "A low cut, little black dress that shows my stomach."


"Taylor!" the man said, "Don't tease him! We have a guest and I would like you two to actually get along!"


"Yes sir." the two said in harmony. Maya smirked at how much power this one man had. Where she came from it took hundreds to control four towns.


"Maya," the man said looking at her, "I..." An explosion cut him off.


The wall behind him blew up and Dominic jumped forward and vaulted over the desk. The man hit his head off of the desk and just sat there, still and silent.


Creatures ran in. They surrounded them and three of them stepped forward. Each one was a deformed figure of a human.


Dominic stood in front of the two girls. He stared blankly at the creatures as if he could see them.


"Step aside you blind fool!" one of the creatures shrieked but Dominic stayed where he was. "We took your sight, we do not wish to take more." Dominic still stood there and Taylor grinned. The creature took a swing and Dominic easily blocked it.


He grabbed the beast's wrist and twisted it. He spun around and launched him over his shoulder. The creature went right on top of the desk and squealed in pain. He spun back around and brought one leg back a little and put his arms and the ready.


A whole bunch of creatures came at him at once. He punched and kicked. Tossed and killed. It still wasn't enough he was thrown to the ground hard and gasped in pain as he got kicked in the head.


Then they turned from the half conscious form to the girls. Maya grabbed her gun and Taylor went into the same position Dominic had. They jumped at them and the gun was knocked from Maya's hand after three successful shots. Soon Taylor and Maya were on the ground too.


The creatures went back to Dominic and the leader put his hand on the boys face. He mumbled something and Dominic screamed in pain. His scream echoed around the building and guards ran in firing guns. The leader toppled over sideways and Maya gasped.


Dominic was unconscious now. The leader's blood pooled around them both. Then Maya noticed something his tattoo was different. The snake seemed to be winding around his whole body but very slowly.


The guards ran over to him and checked his pulse. Then they carried him off and she looked at Taylor for answers.


A/N the next chapter is Taylor's answer. Reviews welcomed.
Sign up to rate and review this story