Categories > Original > Fantasy > Odd or Even

Chapter 2

by Ponygirl 0 reviews

Maya learns Dominic's story and why the war was started.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Published: 2007-05-23 - Updated: 2007-05-23 - 390 words

0Unrated
Dominic walked along the riverbank with me at his side. It was a hot summer day and we both wanted to go for a swim. Dominic pulled off his shirt and dove in with me, still fully clothed, at his heels.


The current was strong and hard to swim in but Dominic is strong and managed it. Me on the other hand wasn't doing so well so I climbed out. I sat on a rock and watched him swim around.


Then, when he was climbing out a hand reached out of the water and grabbed his ankle. He was pulled under. I started to get scared. It was about the time when the odd were starting to fight back so it made me even more nervous.


I paced nervously, knowing that I couldn't dive in there and get him. Then his head came above the water. I reached out and grabbed his hand. He was half way out of the water when two hands came up and grasped his waist. We were both ripped into the water.


I held onto his hand, as we were pulled ever farther into the unknown depths. W were pulled up and set down in a circle of the odd.


I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and buried my face in his shoulder. Dominic was always brave and just sat there. Staring at the creatures that surrounded us.


Then one of them came forward, the one that had grabbed him. He pulled us apart and pressed his hand against Dominic's face. Dominic screamed and screamed for what felt like forever.


Then the beast pulled away and Dominic's eyes were clouded. The creature smirked and grabbed his arm. Dominic was pinned to the ground and he traced a snake on both of his arms with his nail.


Only the blood wasn't normal. It was black and only four drops came out red. The eyes. Dominic was marked.


He would carry that mark for the rest of his life. It was a reminder that they were out there and could inflict pain.


They released us and we sprinted home. I had to guide him the whole way.


When his father saw what had happened to his only son the war started. But that's what the odd wanted and in small ways they had already started one.
Sign up to rate and review this story