Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Far From Lonely

Waiting, Wishing, Hoping

by ForNeverYours 3 reviews

Harper gets more in tune with her new home.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-05-24 - Updated: 2007-05-24 - 1382 words

2Ambiance
"Kids, can you come down here!?" David, the man that came with Pete and Patrick called up the steps after a few hours.
I glanced up from the pictures Shane gave me to look at and cocked my head at her. She shrugged and put down the picture I gave her of me and my sister. We all met out in the hall and glanced at each other with question.
They all formed their own group and Shane and I stood off to the side. I crossed my arms and looked down at Sam's sport sandals peeking out from under my jeans. Shane looked at the smudged tip of her Converse and sighed annoyed as she stooped to clean it off.
Pete laughed and nudged Joe a little as they watched her bend and wipe away whatever was dirtying her shoe. I glared at them and grabbed her by the arm to get her off the floor. She gave me a questioning smile and smoothed her skirt.
She shot them a disgusted look and started down the stairs with my following her like a lost puppy. She smiled at me when we got to the bottom of the steps and turned into the living room where Gabriel, Diana, and David were sitting on the couch with another couch and several chairs were scattered in a loose circle.
They smiled at us and gestured for us to take a seat, the boys took the couch, Shane and I took the other smaller sofa. I glanced around a little and sighed when I noticed Pete and Patrick glaring and smirking.
"Ok, I know you all don't know each other and this will be a little awkward the first week of two until we get into a swing of things." David said looking at the misfits under his care now. "But I want all of you to understand this."
"And that would be?" Pete said leaning back in the couch and plopping his dirt caked boots on the coffee table.
"Feet off the table, Peter." Diana said annoyed as she chewed her sugar free gum and glared with her slightly wrinkled eyes, I could tell she wasn't fond of his presence.
"Yes mam." He scoffed dropping them to the floor with a sickening thud.
"That we have order." David continued, his face turning slightly red. "We'll have meals together, we'll function as a family, and we'll do things as a family."
"But we aren't a family." I couldn't stop myself from opening my mouth and saying one of the stupidest things I've even heard.
Patrick looked up sharply at me and squinted at me. I bit my lip and looked down at my hands. I was an idiot. Of course we weren't as family; we weren't supposed to be one. We were using each other as a crutch until someone adopted us or otherwise.
"I know, but we're going to act like one." David looked around. "Am I clear?"
"Crystal." We all said and stood up. Shane and I made our way into the kitchen and sat across form each other on the bar stools of the bar.
A plate of cookies stood in the counter; I reached out and grabbed one. Shane rolled her eyes and reach for one too. We smiled at each other and laughed silently as the guys came in and sat down at the other bar stools.
"So Shane, who's your new lackee?" Pete smiled popping one of the cookies in his mouth and winking at her.
"This is Harper, don't be a douchbag." She said through a mouthful of freshly baked goodness.
"Don't worry; I'll break her in right." He laughed leaning toward me and smiling. "Don't shy away I saw you looking."
I cocked my head at her; she shrugged and rolled her eyes as Pete licked his lips and lean forward even more. I leaned back on my stool to where I was gripping the seat to not fall off.
Finally they all laughed and Pete let up on the kissy face. Shane hit him in the shoulder and glared at him. Patrick rolled his eyes and smiled warmly. Just his smile made my jitters fade away. After a while even went to their rooms and did what they had to do.
Lights out was at 10:30. After that I peeked my head out of my door to see if anyone was coming and crept my way over to Patrick's door. +I knocked and gripped the still warm door handle before opening it and looking at Patrick still sitting on his bed staring at the wall.
"Hey." I breathed, his scent already filling up the room.
"Hi." He said back, his face turning a cherry red.
"Can I sit?" I asked walking into the room and glancing at the pictures that already lined his walls.
"Sure." He said moving some of the things on his bed. A duffle bad, some clothes, a few pictures. "So why are you here?"
"My family died in a car crash." I sighed sitting down lightly on the bed. "You?" Even though I already knew the answer.
"I hurt somebody." He said flatly, his hand stiffening on the blanket.
"Oh." I said looking down at the floor and at me socks.
"Don't you have any relatives?" He said after a long pause.
"No." I said back sharply, tears almost brimming in my eyes for being on the subject.
"Oh, sorry." His voice softened. "At least you had a family to care about you."
"But you have a family." I sniffed.
"They disowned me, they don't want me." He bit his lip and laughed nervously. "They were pretty glad the day the police trooper came to the house."
"Don't say that, I'm sure at least someone is there for you and wishes you were with them." I said firmly placing a hand on his shoulder, then realizing the awkwardness and pulled it away.
"Well, there is my brother." He sighed. "But he still wasn't thrilled about me."
"At least he misses you, doesn't he?" I glanced at him and saw him playing with the hem if his jeans.
"Yeah, just not enough to want me." He said bitterly and he pulled at the stubborn thread.
"Don't say that." I said sadly. "At least you had someone in your family to come get you if things go bad."
"Psh, sure." He scoffed and picked up a picture frame of his and his brother when he was younger. "That's him."
They looked almost identical, same face, same eyes, same everything. Patrick had a hat on in the picture, and again it was too big for his head. Quickly he snapped it back in his hands and smirked at me.
"You probably don't want to see any pictures of me."
Just then remembered what Shane told me. I got up quickly and stepped away from the bed where we were sitting.
"Wow, it's late." I stuttered and tried to smile as the rush of words came out. "I'd better get back to my room just in case Gabriel checks."
With that I sprinted to the door and closed it quietly behind me, only to come face to face with Shane who was smiling from ear to ear.
"What?" I asked putting my hand up to my face.
"What were you doing in Patrick's room?" She smirked when I blushed and looked down.
"I was asking him if he saw my other tube sock." I shrugged and strolled into my room, closing the door behind me and flopping down on my bed.
About five minutes later someone knocked on my door and opened it a crack. Gabriel peeked her head in and smiled warmly.
"Just checking." She whispered, I gave her thumbs up and rolled over on my side.
Then she shut the door did that with everyone else. I sighed and rolled over again, glancing at the clock on my nightstand and sighing again. It was only ten and yet everyone was in their room, or doing something quiet.
I sighed and turned over, trying my best to get to sleep. Right before I closed my eyes I thought about my life and how everything could change in a matter of minutes if you weren't paying attention.
Sign up to rate and review this story