Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Far From Lonely

Growing Up in A World All My Own

by ForNeverYours 5 reviews

Harper continues to grow into her new family.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-05-30 - Updated: 2007-05-30 - 1084 words

2Ambiance
"Harper, wake up!" Gabriel's voice rang through the locked door. "You're going to be late for school!"
I shot up and glanced at my clock before pulling back the covers and racing to the closet. I scanned the many shirts and pants that hung from hangers. I tapped my finger against my chin as I thought over what outfit to wear and finally decided on a graffiti t-shirt and ripped jeans. Shane walked in and flopped down on my messy bed.
"So." She yawned and stretched a little before resting back on my pillows and pulling a magazine out of her magical messenger bag.
"So." I answered back slipping on my shirt and smoothing out the wrinkles.
"Joe's being a jerk." She sighed flipping the magazine shut and looking up.
"And you're going to do what about it?" I asked peeking behind her as I pulled up my jeans and grabbed one of my many belts that hung in my closet.
"Absolutely nothing." She smirked and jumped up when a knock sounded at the door. "What do you want?"
"It's me." Joe's voice sang through the door.
Shane swallowed hard and glanced at me before opening the door and leaning against the frame.
"Yes?" She couldn't help but smile as he rubbed the back of his head and give her his awkward smile.
"Wanna talk?" He said in his slightly nasally voice.
"Sure." She nodded and glanced back at me before closing the door behind her and walking off.
I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror, nothing spectacular. I didn't have my mom's dark brown eyes or my dad's white blonde hair. Instead they get a mash-up of curly brown hair, marker green eyes, and a Mediterranean figure that made my sister jealous but was a curse for me.
With my sum up of my image I turned, grabbed my jacket and messenger bag, and then walked out into the hallway. Patrick was just getting out of his room too. Without really noticing I bumped into him and instantly regretted it. He shoved me against the wall and held me there.
"Watch where you're going!" He spat knocking my bags from my arms ad kicking my purse away before turning on his way down the steps.
"Douche bag." I mumbled picking up my books. Then I remember what he could do to me if he wanted. I felt like I was lucky, maybe just scuffed and warned not to bump into someone that could easily fracture something.
"Are you alright?" Andy asked coming over and picking up my purse that landed a few feet away from me.
"Um, yeah." I breathed a shaky breath and stood up. "Was he always that temperamental?"
"For as long as I can remember." He smiled and handed me my purse. "Then again, I only met him three years ago."
I nodded and started down the hall. When I got down to the kitchen I set my bags on the floor and looked for something to eat before going off to school. I grabbed some toast and watched everyone interact with everyone else.
Joe, Shane, and Patrick were talking and laughing. Pete and Andy were laughing as Andy barely touched his orange and Pete lit a napkin on fire. I sighed and looked down at my watch as Gabriel strolled into the kitchen and clapped her hands.
"You know what the principal said; one more tardy and you'll all get detention." She looked for our reaction then continued. "Let's get going."
We all groaned in unison then started for the car. Shane smiled and ran up to me once we were let off at the front of the school. Gabriel leaned out the window.
"Remember, Shane you have volleyball, Harper you have lacrosse, Pete you have soccer, Joe you have marching band, Patrick you have detention with Mrs. Weaver, and Andy you have counseling with Mrs. Firth." With that she stepped on the gas and sped away, leaving a cloud of smoke and six wayward misfits.
Shane grabbed my arm and pulled me away while Joe opened a note she gave him, Pete lit a piece of sequins fabric on fire, and Andy asked Patrick's opinion of how he looked to which Patrick replied with an 'I don't give a shit about your insecurities' look.
"Oh my god!" She squealed once we turned the corner to the courtyard full of kids that all looked the same.
"Something good happened I hope?" I asked pulling my arm away form her kung-foo grip.
"Better than good." She breathed as we sat down on one of the vacant benches and waited for the bell to ring. "He apologized."
"And?" I asked looking at her with my 'you idiot' look.
"That's it." She blinked. "What else was I supposed to say?"
"Nothing, that great." I force a smile pick up my books as the bell rings. "See you later."
"By my sister!" She yells at my back as I make my way through the crowded hall.
I slip into my desk just as the bell rang and got a glare from my teacher. Instantly Joe turned to me and smiled.
"Hey Harper." He whispered.
"Yes Joseph?" I smirked back.
"Does Shane really like me?"
"You're asking me that?" I laughed as everyone around started talking louder.
"Mhm." He nodded.
"Yes." I sighed, not really willing to prove they were both naïve kids that thought love was something you could get out of a cereal box.
"Mmm, what do you think about Patrick?"
"What do you mean?" I glanced back at the kid sitting at the desk in the back, reading a book.
"How do you feel about him?"
"He could kill me, that's what I think." I smirked at Joe and looked down at my books.
"Are you sure?" He tried to hide his smile.
"Positive." I nodded and watched his smile fade.
"That's it?" He blinked a bit. "Nothing else?"
"Nope." I shook my head and picked up my books as the bell rang again. "And don't think that's gonna change."
I glanced behind me as I walked out the door and met up with Shane for first period. I told her everything he said, as was our agreement and then told him what he said about Patrick.
"Ooooh, Patrick's got a crush." She laughed and playfully shoved me into a desk.
"Shut up." I laughed but couldn't get that off my mind all day.
What if he was?
Sign up to rate and review this story