Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > 'Master of the Game'.

If You Are But A Dream

by ClandestineUnited 3 reviews

Reminiscing isn't always the nicest anti-depressant. [X] for sex.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-05-25 - Updated: 2007-05-25 - 1900 words

1Exciting
Patrick walked up the driveway to his house and was careful to unlock and open the door quietly, which was hard when he was juggling a bag on his shoulder, his guitar in its case, and a large bouquet of flowers in his hands. He set his guitar and bags at the bottom of the stairway and looked around. The house was dark as he crept up the stairs, avoiding the one that creaked at the top. Reaching his bedroom, he glimpsed a sliver of light under the door coming from the room inside. He opened the door quietly in case Christina was asleep, and sure enough, she was. Curled up against his pillow, her headphones on and her hair falling lightly over her flawless face. Patrick took in every single detail of her as she lay asleep. He watched how she breathed in slowly and exhaled slowly, her lips gently pursed together as she dreamt. He leant against the doorway, shifting the flowers from his right hand to his left as he stood, silhouetted in the remote light. A smile spread over his face as he remembered how much he'd missed her, and how excited he'd been that morning, stepping onto the plane that would return him to her. He returned from his reminiscing as Christina turned towards him in her sleep, and she slowly opened her eyes as though she knew he was there.
"Oh my God." She said, suddenly awake. She sat up and didn't hide the grin that spread across her face to match his as she leapt out of bed and bounded over to him.
"Hi!" She exclaimed.
"Hi, sweetie." He replied, as she wrapped her arms around his neck and curled her legs around his waist. He carried her over to the bed and stood beside it, hugging her as though she was about to disappear any minute. He nestled his head in the crook of her shoulder and her neck, and smelt her familiar smell that haunted him at night when he lay alone at night. When his arms became weak, he set her down and simply smiled at her as he scanned her face as though she were brand new.
"Oh, these are for you." He said, producing the now, slightly squashed, bouquet of flowers for her.
"They're gorgeous. Thank you." She replied, taking them from him before cupping his face in both her hands. Her eyes ran across his face, in his eyes and over his mouth. Patrick laughed.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm making sure I'm not dreaming."
"Well, you're not dreaming, honey. I'm home. I'm here." He said, taking her by the wrists and wrapping them around his waist. He rested his own on her hips and kissed her like there was no tomorrow. They gently fell backwards onto the bed and Patrick mounted her, planting his kisses more passionately and furiously as the seconds went by.
"Take me there." Christina whispered between kisses. He lay more kisses on her, over her face, right at the top of her ear where he knew she felt weak at his touch, on her nose, down her neck, making her whimper as he worked his way further down. He kissed her breasts and ran his hands over her body, leaving her skin hot where his fingers had touched her. He lifted his arms up as Christina pulled his T-Shirt over his head, knocking his hat out of the way. Now, his turn, he gently pulled down her shorts she wore to bed, as she removed his pants and threw them to the opposite side of the room. He worked his way inside her, beads of sweat running down his face and chest as he bit his lip while working. Christina lay back and writhed alongside him, until they were working as one, as though it were a competition. He resumed kissing her body as he went, and soon enough there was an explosion that send them both into a world they'd experienced many times before, a beautiful retreat from the world around them and the responsibilities and problems they were faced with. They lay back and caught their breath, Patrick twirling Christina's hair in his fingers and not taking his eyes off hers as she gasped to regain her breath and control her thoughts. He grinned as he caught her eye.
"That's where you take me." He said, nodding to the sky. She nodded in agreement, barely able to speak. It was as though she was regaining consciousness, the world she despised so much flooding back into her mind and her view, leaving the perfect world she and Patrick managed to visit rarely behind.
"I love you." Patrick murmured, and when she looked into his eyes, she could just see the happiness he felt when they were together that caused her to love him that much more.
All she could do in response, was nod.


"Get out, get out, get out." Patrick said, thumping his head against the book he was trying to interest himself in. He actually had no idea what it was. Turning it over, he read the title;
'Romeo and Juliet'.
"Oh, come on!" Patrick exclaimed, rolling his eyes and chucking the book away from him. Like Pete would read Romeo and Juliet. He switched the stereo on and lay back on the couch, enjoying the freedom he was getting from the guys, while Andy and Joe had made one of their rare ventures back to their own homes, and Pete was out on a date.

Said we'd be forever
Said it'd never die
How could you love me and leave me
And never say good-bye?

Girl, I can't sleep at night without holding you tight
Girl, each time I try I just break down and cry
Pain in my head, oh, I'd rather be dead
Spinnin' around and around

Although we've come to the end of the road
Still I can't let you go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you
Come to the end of the road
Still I can't let you go
You belong to me, I belong to you


"Boy, you know someone's depressed when their play count of this song is in the Guinness World Records." Pete said from the doorway. Patrick jumped and switched the stereo off.
"I was just... uh." He waved his arms around for some alibi, but his mind went blank.
"I know." Pete said, saving him the explanation. Patrick coughed.
"So, um, how did your date go?"
Pete grinned like a 15 year old who had just gotten lucky and pointed upstairs with a sly shrug of his shoulders.
"Well, you know, I sorta extended her curfew, if you know what I mean." He said, winking.
"Pete, I always know what you mean." He replied, rolling his eyes and sighing. Pete shrugged and gave him the thumbs up.
"I think Andy and Joe left a message on my machine or something. So look out in case they come round. Just make sure they don't come upstairs, 'cause I won't exactly be asleep if you know..."
"I know! I know!" Patrick exclaimed, shielding his ears with his hands.
"Haha, so, uh, yeah, if you could tone down the depressing music, I wanna get this party started." Pete said, with a little dance on the spot. "If you want there's a movie on ABC or something. Treat yourself."
And with a wave of his hand, he danced his way out of the room and up the stairs, singing to himself.
"Let's get it on, baaaaaaby."
"Idiot." Patrick said, closing the living room door behind him with a shake of his head. He picked up the remote and switched the TV on, turning the volume up to block out any noise that might venture downstairs from the "party".
Lying on his side, his head swarming with thoughts he was trying desperately to push to the back of his mind, he feigned the sleep that was stinging his eyes and enveloping his mind. He couldn't go upstairs and get into bed, for obvious reasons. The tiredness overcame him and he was asleep almost instantly.

"Don't leave it like this." Patrick replied, cautiously as he put his last bag down by the door.
"So what, you came for like, one fucking day and you're leaving?"
"I have a job, sweetie." Patrick said calmly, putting her hands over his shoulder and resting his hands on her waist. She pushed him away violently, and he steadied himself against the wall, his eyebrow raised.
"Don't use that stupid fucking calm voice on me! What kinda game are you trying to play with me?"
"Excuse me?"
"You come home and we have the best sex we've ever had, and then you up and leave next day? You may as well have left me a note saying 'this was fun' and left before the sun came up!"
"I'm not like that, you know that." Patrick said. He hardly ever yelled back at Christina, yelling wasn't his thing and it didn't make any difference. He was always prepared for how angry she got when he was about to leave, and although it made him sick to his stomach when it happened, he remained calm and tried to cool her down, explaining he would come back as soon as he could.
"'Soon,' is not good enough, Patrick! I need you now! I need you to be here every night and make love to me regularly! I wanna be able to make you a dinner you can come home to and then we can have our own time together every night!"
"Oh, OK, I'll trade in the job of my dreams for an office job, will I?" Patrick replied.
"It would make this so much easier!" She screamed at him. Patrick sighed.
"Life's not easy. But I love you. And you love me. That makes it that much easier for me." Patrick told her, stroking her face and taking her hand.
"I know me leaving is hard on you, it's hard for me too. But knowing you're in my life - it makes me so happy." Patrick said, a smile on his face as he wiped the tears running down her face away.
"And, hey, when I come back home in a few weeks, we'll go away for the weekend, somewhere nice that you love, mmm?" He asked, kissing her hand. She nodded, exhausted from screaming at him all morning while he packed more clothes and supplies.
"I love you, honey." He said, kissing her head and pulling her close to him.
"I love you too." She mumbled, almost incoherently but Patrick heard and kissed her lips one more time.
"I'll call you tonight, OK?"
"OK." She replied, standing at the bottom of the stairs as he closed the door. Upon hearing the click of the door locking, Christina walked into the kitchen and picked up her cell phone from the table. She pressed speed dial one and waited for an answer.
"Come on, baby, answer. I miss you already." She whispered, as the ringing went on. The phone on the other end was picked up, and a slight smile spread across her face.
"Hey, Danny? I've missed you."


The song Patrick was playing is Boyz II Men; End of the Road. I heard it and thought it was perfect. Haha.
Sign up to rate and review this story