Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Rebirth of Hope

The Next 100 Years

by sailorchick321 5 reviews

what will the order do now that harry is dead? and how much help can he be for the other side? HBP compliant

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Dumbledore, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, James, Lily, Lupin, Peter, Ron, Sirius, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-05-27 - Updated: 2007-05-27 - 2201 words

0Original
The Next 100 Years

There were a few close calls on the way out of the Ministry, and Harry got waylaid for a few moments by the Minister who he passed in the lobby, but Harry managed to get safely out the phone booth and apparate away to Grimmauld Place. Only to remember that number 12 had an anti-apparation field up. He remembered as he bounced off of it and landed hard on his backside in the back yard.

Rubbing his bum, he stood up and looked at the house. Maybe I shouldn't just walk through the front door, they do all still think I'm dead. Having made this decision he eyed the lattice, shook his head and began to climb. I can't believe I'm breaking in to my own house, he thought to himself.

Harry climbed to the top of the lattice, which ended on the second floor then jumped up and grabbed the overhang to the third and hoisted himself up. Panting, he examined the window to an empty bedroom. He didn't have a wand and the window was locked. He thought about breaking the window, then decided to try wandless magic first. He was a little surprised when the window opened easily, but then stranger things had happened to his recently so he just shrugged and climbed in.

***

Molly began to clean up the last of the meal when Dobby made her stop. "Yous is having a hard night tos Missy Whessy. Yous is letting Dobby be doing his job now. Is Dobby's responsibility to be taking care of Master Harry and his Friends, it is."

Molly let out a sob at the mention of Harry and sat down hard in the nearest chair. Her whole frame shook with her mostly silent sobs. She wiped at her eyes and looked up when she heard the door open. Remus stood in the door way.

"I couldn't sleep." he offered.

Molly nodded. "I don't think I'll be able to, but I'm going to go try."

Remus nodded in reply and hugged her as she passed him. He watched her leave before turning his attention to the surprisingly happy little elf washing dishes. "Dobby, is there any fire-whiskey in the house?"

Dobby put down the dish he was washing and vanished. A moment later he reappeared with a nearly empty bottle. "Heres you are Mister Remy."

Remus looked at the bottle. "Is there any more? This isn't enough to get me as piss as I want to be for tomorrows discussion."

"There is sir but, yous should not be drinking so, Mister Remy, yous should not. Master Harry will no bes liking you doing that to yous self, he will not." The little elf told him.

Remus shook back a sob and told the elf to bring him more.

***
Molly went up to bed, stopping in on all her children on the way. her older boys minus Bill were all still awake and gathered in Charlie's room drinking and not talking. She gave them a disapproving look and told them that sleep would do them more good than liquor.

Bill and Fleur were asleep in their room and after a quick glance she continued on to the girls' room.

She was not pleased to find Ron in Hermione's bed, but as they both appeared asleep and decently clothed she let them be.

She was most worried about Ginny. Ginny had moved into Ron and Harry's old room at some point and was asleep on Harry bed clutching his pillow to her. Molly walked in and sat down on her bed for a moment stroking her hair, but Ginny didn't acknowledge her presence. After a few moments Molly left and continued on to her and Arthur's room.

***
Harry stumbled into the room and caught sight of himself in the mirror. He was still wearing the black leather battle robes the Furies had given him. No wonder everyone at the ministry cut me such a wide berth... I look scary in this get up. He peeked out the door in time to see Molly reach the top of the stairs and turn the other way before disappearing into her room.

Harry slowly and quietly opened the door and proceeded down the stairs to his room. He wanted to change before he saw anyone, and he want to see Ginny first. He made it to the door to his room without running into anyone and quietly let himself in. He had not expected to find Ginny asleep on his bed, but that was convenient. He tried his luck at wandless magic again and locked the door behind him. After a split second thought he did a silencing charm as well.

***
Ginny was aware of her mother's visit but had feigned sleep. Ron and Hermione had looked in on her earlier also but she'd not ignored them also. So when a fourth person came to check on her she was annoyed. Could they not tell she wanted to be alone for a while? Whoever it was this time slowly laid down on the bed with her. That struck her as odd, but she was determined to ignore them until they went away. The person placed a hand on her side and scooted closer to her so that they were spooned to her back. The hand on her side slowly moved to her stomach and she felt hot breath on her neck, then lips in a gentle kiss. Her eyes flew open and she went stiff. What in the world was going on? The moment she tensed up she heard a gentle laugh from behind her and the arm that had wound it's self around her tightened pulling her back against a solid male body. She struggled for a moment; the arm let her go easily, and turned around.

Harry smiled up at her. She stared at for a moment then dove at him sobbing. His arms came up around her holding her tightly to him. He held her tightly, slowly stroking her back as she cried. When she had calmed enough to think somewhat clearly she raised up and looked at him. He raised a hand to her face cupping her cheek and running his thumb over her lips. She timidly touched his chest and arms as if to assure herself that he was really there.

"How long can you stay?" she asked as tears started falling from her eyes.

He sat up, wiped her tears away and pulled her closer to him. "How long to you want me to stay?"

She looked up at him, "You're back?"

"I'm back."

"Forever?"

He shrugged "For the next hundred years or so."

She clung to him fiercely crying again. He just held her and wiped away her tears until she fell asleep in his arms. "Gin?"

Waking up groggily, she looked up at him. "hmm?"

"I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, but I have to let the Order know I'm back before they have me declared dead. That could cause uncomfortable questions."

She nodded, but wouldn't let go of him. He laughed at her softly "Gin?"

"Hmm?"

"You have to let go of me so I can change clothes and we can go down stairs"

"Mm-mm" she shook her head and nuzzled into his neck, nipping at his ear.

"Mm-hmm" he replied, rolling them both so that she was on her back looking up at him. He leaned down and kissed her gently... just as a knock sounded at the door.

"Ginny? Can I come in? I have some soup for you." Hermione's voice sounded through the door.

Harry lowered his head a whispered quietly to Ginny, "Tell her you'll come down to eat and to go get Ron and come back. I'd rather see them alone before I see the whole order." Then he took down the silencing charm.

When Hermione heard Ginny's reply she was shocked, but left to do as her friend had asked.

"Alright Gin, let me up I need to change." Reluctantly, Ginny let him go and watched him dig out jeans and a T-shirt to put on.

"You're taller." She commented

"Yes and look" he held his hair out of the way "no more scar. I don't need glasses anymore either. One of the perks of being dead for awhile, if you come back you body is damn near perfect." He gave her a cheeky grin and a quick kiss then shimmied out of his leather battle pants.

A knock sounded at the door just as he fastened the button on his jeans.

"Ginny?" it was Ron's voice.

Harry smiled and waved his hand at the door unlocking it. "You don't know what happened to my wand do you?" he asked Ginny, pulling his shirt over his head. She shook hers and he shrugged.

Walking over to the door he opened it so that he was behind it and his friends couldn't see him. As soon as they were through he shut the door and returned the spells. Both of his friends turned when they heard the door close. Ron stood stock-still looking thunderstruck, but Hermione launched herself at him asking hundreds of questions.

Harry chuckled. He squeezed her tightly then sat her down. He looked over at Ron. Ron looked back. "Are you real?" Ron asked in a whisper, "I saw you in the den too, are you real now?"

"Yeah Ron, I'm real." Ron broke into a wide grin and hugged his friend.

"Welcome back, mate."

***
After assuring the three of them that he was indeed real and alive Harry pointed out that he hadn't eaten in a while and that he should. They headed down stairs to the kitchen where the order was assembling to figure out what to tell the rest of the world.

On the way down they heard a sob from the library. Harry peaked in to see dobby trying to take a nearly empty bottle of fire whiskey away from Remus. Harry kissed Ginny and told them to wait he need to see Remus before the order also. His friends nodded waiting in the hall.

"...dead, Dobby. He can't like or not anymore." Remus slurred.

"Master Harry is not going to like yous grieving so, Mister Remy. Please be giving me the back the bottle now." Dobby said.

Harry walked up behind Remus and took the bottle away. "He's right you know."

Remus spun around and stared at Harry. "Dad says to stop apologizing to him, Sirius thinks you should have little wolf cubs with Tonks, and I'm irritated that you never introduced me to the Serious Sirius game when he was alive. I think that was my favorite part of being dead. Oh and mom says hi."

Remus blinked then started to laugh. He picked Harry up in a bone crunching hug. "Oh I missed you pup."

"I missed you to Remus. Now I have to get down stairs before they make my whole little death thing public. It was fun for a while but I'm over it now."

They headed to the door, but Remus stumbled knocking them both to the floor. Ron and Hermione came in to help Harry with Remus, as the man was very drunk by this point.

Ron and Hermione, with Remus propped between them headed down stairs. Harry looked over at Ginny and said. "Go with them, I want to make an entrance."

Ginny looked reluctant to let him out of her sight, but after some persuasion she followed the others.

***
In the kitchen the Order was debating what should be made public about the battle the night before. Many people looked up as Ron and Hermione stumbled in half carrying and drunk Remus between them. Ginny's silent entrance went almost unnoticed.

"I think we should tell them the truth, just leave out the part where the godlike thing that killed them all was Harry." Moody was saying. "None of us would have known it was him if the Weasley girl hadn't of spoken to him."

There were several nods and moody continued "As for Harry's death, I guess we will have to notify to ministry. The hysteria shouldn't be as bad with Voldemort's confirmed death."

"Why ever would we want to do that?" Remus asked.

"Remus we have to let people know Harry is dead." Arthur said quietly.

"No, I think we should skip that part." Remus countered. "He wouldn't like it. He's over death. He told me." Everyone stared at Remus like he was crazy.

Harry, watching the scene from just inside the door, busted out laughing. All eye shifted from Remus to him. "Yeah, I would actually appreciate it if you all skipped over the death part."

Ginny shifted over to his side making sure she had a good grip as the whole order swarmed him with hugs and question. Harry returned Ginny's grip keeping her tucked under his arm and road out the storm that was the order answering their questions as best he could. He was glad to be back, but he hoped he had many years before the next battle the Fates had promised arrived.
Sign up to rate and review this story