Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Romeo and Juliet

Act 2, Scene 2

by horsie890 0 reviews

Act 2, Scene 2

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover, Drama, Romance - Characters: Mikey Way, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-05-27 - Updated: 2007-05-28 - 1105 words

0Unrated
Mikey sighed to himself as they walked away.

"He's joking because he's never been hurt," he said quietly. His gaze fell on the house, trailing up to the second floor. A large window adorned the wall facing him, containing the only glow in the house. A soft yellow light emanated from within the glass panes. Mikey sighed again.

A dark form interrupted the glow as if to poison it. The person raised a hand to the window and opened it slowly, holding her head up with one hand and letting the other lazily drape over the edge. She stared out at the moon, the same one Mikey had been watching earlier.

"It's her," he whispered breathlessly. "She's just as beautiful as before."

He heard Alicia sigh. "Wow," she said to herself, studying the sky as Mikey had. Mikey wished she would continue speaking. As if she had read his mind, she did. "Mikey, Mikey...why do you have to be you? Just leave them. All of them." She thought about her words for a moment. "Or if you won't, just tell me you love me, and I will no longer be me."

"Should I wait, or say something?" Mikey asked himself. He decided on the second choice, never taking his eyes from Alicia's face.

"You're not my enemy. It's only because of your name, and that's not really you, is it? Just some way for people to recognize you. If you weren't named Mikey, you would still be the same person. I guess it doesn't really matter. As long as I know you love me."

Mikey couldn't wait any longer. He came out of his hiding place from behind a tree and ran to where he knew she could see him.

"I will forfeit my name if it means you love me!" he called with a shy smile. Alicia looked around wildly for the voice.

"Who's there?" she asked.

"I can't tell you who I am," said Mikey, catching her attention. "Because you're supposed to hate me and my name. If I had it in front of me, I would tear it apart."

"I haven't heard your voice for even a hundred words, but I recognize it. Are you Mikey? Mikey Way?"

"Neither, if either makes you unhappy," he said with another smile. Alicia smiled back.

"How did you get here? That's a high wall, and if anyone I know finds you here, you'll be in trouble," she said in sudden worry. "Especially Jade."

"Love has a way of working around these things. Nothing can keep me away from you. I'm not worried about anyone finding me," he said easily.

"If he sees you, he'll murder you. I would give anything to keep you from being hurt."

"It's dark, Alicia," he called. "No one can see me."

"How did you find me?" she asked.

"Love led me to you," he said sweetly, and both of them smiled. "I would look for you anywhere if you were away from me."

"You're lucky it's dark," Alicia said shyly. "I think I'm blushing." Her words were almost to herself, but she didn't care if he heard. "I'm kind of embarrassed that you heard me talking," she confessed, "but it's you, so it doesn't matter. Do you love me?"

Mikey opened his mouth to speak, but she stopped him.

"Don't answer that. I know you'll say yes. And I'll believe you. I guess I'm too fond of you already, and you'll probably think I'm being ridiculous, but I'm serious. I really mean it when I say I love you." Mikey felt his heart melting.

"I swear by the moon-" Mikey began.

"Don't do that. Can't you see it? It's going to be different in only a few days. If you swear by it, how do I know your love will be any different?" Alicia paused and took a deep breath, motioning for Mikey to come closer. "This is too sudden for me. I'm going-"

"What, leaving me already?" he asked jokingly. Alicia paused.

"What do you want?"

"Just to know that you love me. And that you'll go out with me," he added with a shy smile. Alicia giggled, something she almost never did. Mikey's heart soared at the sound of her flutelike laughter.

"I already agreed to both. I'll say it again if you need me to."

"Would you take it back?" Mikey asked with a flash of fear. "Why?"

"Only to give it to you again." She stopped speaking, and a look of worry crossed her face. "Someone's calling me. I'll see you tomorrow." She turned back and called, "Hold on a second!" She faced Mikey again. "Mikey, wait just a minute. I'll be right back." She reluctantly retreated to her room.

"What if this is only a dream?" Mikey murmured to himself. "Just like that dream I had earlier...it's too perfect to be real."

"If you really want me to go out with you, let me know tomorrow. Here's my phone number," she said as she dropped a flittering piece of paper down to him. Mikey miraculously caught it.

"Alicia!" called an extremely annoyed Hayley.

"Hold on a second!" Alicia yelled with equal annoyance. "Mikey, if you're not serious-"

"Alicia, I'm not kidding, come here right now!"

"I'm coming!" She sighed. "If you're not serious, then just leave me alone so I can grieve in peace. I'll let you know tomorrow."

"If I can only wait that long," said Mikey. Alicia waved goodbye and rushed back inside, only to reappear moments later. "What time can I call you tomorrow?"

"Nine-ish," Mikey responded.

"I won't forget. It seems like it will be an eternity until then." She paused, frowning slightly. "Why am I calling you again? I'm sorry, I can be so absentminded."

"Love does that to people," Mikey said with a smile. "If you want, I can wait here until you remember."

"It'll only make me forget even longer. Look, it's going to be morning soon; you have to leave. Otherwise they'll find you here."

"Sleep well," Mikey said softly. Alicia blew him a kiss before closing the window. Mikey pretended to catch it, knowing she could still see him. He imagined her perfect smile, then suddenly realized he had to leave. He didn't even want to think of what might happen if someone like Jade or Davey found him. He ran back towards the wall and jumped up to it, once again climbing over it. He began to run almost as soon as his feet hit the sidewalk. He would be dead if his brother - or worse, Frank - found out where he had been.
Sign up to rate and review this story