Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Her Older Brother

Two

by pinkkissypetefreak 6 reviews

Slow progression is nutritious. Especially when I'm writing four other fics. ^_^ hehe

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-05-28 - Updated: 2007-05-28 - 1171 words

1Exciting
Stephanie's POV


The car ride to my parent's house was a silent one. I, myself was just anxious to get there. Ready for answers. Back at home, Gerard hadn't gotten all of his words out before I was waddling back into our bedroom and changing clothes.

"H-how is she?" I asked as G parked in my parent's driveway.

"She's, uh...holding her own." He nodded. "But..."

"But?..." I replied impatiently.

"They broke up Honey. And he sent her home."

I was still in complete shock as Gerard opened the door of the truck and helped me out. Broke up? But why? Things were going so well. And I knew Ray loved Christa. He really did. We walked into the house and I was glad to see it was just My Mother, Christa, and My Father sitting in the living room. Ritchie was MIA. Thank God. Christa and I eyed each other and she patted my bump before embracing me.

"How are you?" I asked her in a hushed voice.

"I'm...I'm ok. How are you?" She replied, and I assured her I was fine.

After all the greeting, I sat down in between my Dad and Gerard and my Mom encouraged Christa to tell us her story.

By the end of the conversation, Christa hadn't really said much. We found out that Ray was renting a house out in San Diego, where he'd loved it when the boys last visited. He told Christa before he sent her away that she could reveal his whereabouts all she wanted, but it didn't mean he'd respond to any of our phone calls or letters. He only wanted to be left alone, he'd explained to her. Which was so unlike my sweet, caring, family-orientated brother. I cried when I heard this.. Cried until I was gasping for air and my shoulders shook violently. Gerard took me into his arms and rocked me as she continued.

"But he misses you guys. I know he does."

I cried harder now. Guilt-ridden. If only I hadn't been so selfish. Wanting to be with Gerard so badly until it hurt. And I was willing to deceive my older brother to get what I wanted. If only I hadn't kept the relationship a secret. If only I told Ray the truth in the beginning about the baby. If only...

Ray was hurt now. He felt betrayed by all of the people he thought loved him the most. And it was tearing me down inside.


Later on, We were back at the apartment, watching, but not watching 'Halloween' play for the third time this week on AMC. My feet were in Gerard's lap, and he caressed my legs absentmindedly.

"I'm going." I said, and he turned his head towards me.

"What?"

"I'm going to him Baby. I'm going to bring my brother home."

He shook his head. "Steph...I don't think that is such a good idea..."

I sat straight up slowly, removing my legs from his lap and swinging them over onto the floor. "I don't care. I miss him. And this is all my fault. I have to get him back home. Where he belongs. And it's not even for me. It's for Mommy and Dad. It's for Ritchie, it's for you, and Mikey and Bob, and Frankie..."

Gerard cut me off. "Stephanie. You are Eight months pregnant. And not allowed to travel anymore. Remember what Dr. MacDonald said? And besides, you already know that. Especially after the accident."

"Dr. MacDonald says everything is fine. The baby is safe now. And I know I'm not supposed to leave, but what else can I do? Tell me what else I can do Baby, and I will do it. I just want my Ray-Ray back." Gerard stared at me, lovingly stroking my face with the back of his hand, and wiping a few tears away in the process.

"We'll get him home. I swear to you. We'll get him home."

I knew I wasn't supposed to leave the area, let alone get my ass on a plane and leave the STATE. But I was going to. Oh, I was going to. And if Gerard wouldn't help me, I'd decided then and there that I was going to do it on my own.

I snuggled into his arms as a key jiggled in the door. I knew it was probably Mikey and Alicia. Or even Simone and Frank. "Have no fear, M.Way is here. AND he's brought food!" He drifted past us and into the kitchen. I grinned at Gerard, making him roll his eyes and help me onto my feet.

Alica came tumbling in a moment later.

"Hey Sis." She said, carrying her laptop and Bunny in one arm, another couple bags in the other.

"Hey. We're following the food." I replied, kissing her cheek before she let me by. Bunny had the same idea as she leaped from her Mom's arms and strolled into the kitchen.

"So, we've had quite a few Ray sightings." Alicia said. "The kids have been leaving them all over."

"I knew it would only be a matter of time." Gerard said.

I picked up the strawberry cheesecake ice cream and smiled before Gerard snatched it back, and tossed it in the freezer. "Hey!" I protested.

"Eat your lunch first. You can't live on ice cream. Poor Jaimee's going to be born on a sugar high."

"And we don't want her to end up like Uncle Frankie..." Mikey added with a grin.

I pouted some more, and rolled my eyes at those damned Way men. "Whores." I muttered. But I was saved as sweet, angelic, Alicia slid a rice crispy treat into my pocket as she walked by. It was cute how she and Simone snuck me sweets (I'd recently developed a wicked sweet tooth...), I wondered if they were going to be just as eager when I dragged them out to the gym to get the baby weight off. Probably not. I chuckled at own thoughts.

"Alicia! Talk to your sister. She wants to fly. To /California/." Gerard said, piling vegetables and more crap I didn't want onto my plate. Alicia glanced at me.

"What?!" She asked.

"I want to go bring Ray home." I replied in a small voice.

"Uh-uh. No." Mikey said. We all looked at him. "What? There is no way you're going anywhere Stephie. I don't mean any harm, and I know you love your brother to the fucking moon and back. Fuck, we ALL do, but you have to think realistically here. There's no way you can leave home when Jaimee's so close to coming. And besides, if you want us to, we can go and try to talk to Ray."

"Mikes.." I whined. But he was adamant. And Gerard was his back-up. I looked from one Way brother's face to the next, and they were both the same. Set in stone.

I wasn't going anywhere.

At least not right now.




more soon. patience is a virtue, my sweets.
Sign up to rate and review this story