Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We're Both On Borderline Obsession

...And Then, There's PANIC at The Disco

by meeniemoe 11 reviews

Suddenly, things start getting intense...Because Brendon doesn't know what to do. (Okay, I lied. I updated before finals.)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-28 - Updated: 2007-05-29 - 1980 words

0Unrated
Chapter Twelve: There's PANIC At The Disco!

"We're going out to a disco club tonight," Sarah announced loudly-and rather abruptly-- in the cast's makeup room. The cast cheered: they had a long day, after all. "There's that club two streets down at the very end of the little shopping area. It's open 'till 1 am, and I'm planning to be there that long...so just come whenever. It'll be a blast." Sarah mentioned, as everyone scurried about, talking about what they would wear, or which friends they were going to invite.

"Whoo," Brendon added with great energy in his voice, and sped out the door to see Alice. He hadn't see her the whole day-apparently she had a lot of errands to fulfill-so he walked up to her trailer casually, until he found his wilted flowers at the steps. Probably not back yet...She's always so busy. He thought, and shrugged. He wouldn't take it to heart; it wasn't as if Alice suddenly started to despise him or anything. Anyways, he knocked on the door, just to check. Still no answer.

"Yeah, she's not back yet," Sarah told him, very much out of the blue. Her sudden voice surprised him immensely, and turned around to face Sarah. "Yeah, um...you know when she's getting back?" Sarah looked at him for a moment. Her expression changed from being so sure, to being slightly confused and indecisive, then back to its regular composure. "No...I don't know," She murmured softly, and wandered off to her car in the parking lot.

Brendon sighed, and scratched the back of his head. Oh well. "Sarah! When she gets back, tell her that I'll be at the disco tonight...and I'm bringing Jon, Ryan, and Spen-"

"No problem! But I've already invited the boys, they're all coming! So I'll see you tonight!" She yelled back at him as she exited the parking lot. Brendon half-shrugged, and walked into his lonely trailer. Well...it'll certainly be an entertaining night tonight...so forget if it's lonely now. I should probably go have a shower...it's like 7:30 pm... He thought to himself, and whistled his way into the bathroom. He was going to take a nice long shower, and wear his nice clothes that were casual enough to go to a club in. He took a relaxing shower and stepped out promptly, ensuring he didn't make the flooring all wet and slippery. Alice'll be there...I gotta look nice enough for her, He thought to himself as he patted down his hair in the misted mirror. Who stared back at him?.../Just a lovesick man, caught up in his own world./ He thought to himself wryly and stepped out of his trailer. The cool night breeze made his hair fall astray again, and he had to pat it down twice to make it halfway decent.

He was going to have the time of his life that night.

*

"Cheers!" Sarah chimed in joyfully, and chugged down half of her bottle of beer. Everyone was pretty chill: they were chatting, drinking, or dancing in the most drunken way possible. The bartender looked pretty bored with the whole gig, and was cleaning cup after used cup, until someone would approach him to request another dozen or so amount of beer cans. (To which he would just roll his eyes, and point to the back room to make them get the crates themselves. Of course, the requestors didn't complain. It just meant more free beer for them.)

The Panic! Boys, though, didn't make such a huge scene. They simply sipped at their beers, trying to maintain their composure. None of them wanted to ruin their reputation, and none of them wanted to get wasted and wake up next to some whore the next morning with a bad hangover. They just weren't known for that sort of stuff. Spencer looked around the club, and tapped his foot merrily to the beat. "Typical drummist," Jon teased, and elbowed his friend jokingly when he saw him tapping to the beat. Spencer looked at Jon square in the eye, and argued saying, "Oh yeah...? You...You bassist."

"That I am, Spence. That I am." Jon agreed and drank off the rest of his beer. Spencer cocked his head to the side, and suddenly realized his own dumb mistake of a comeback. He shook his head at himself, and looked down at his nearly half-drained beer. "I'm gonna go dance." He told Jon. Jon just nodded, and Spencer asked Sarah to dance. Sarah nodded, although she was giggling way too much for her own good, and the pair went off to the dance floor. Now, only Ryan and Jon were standing at the table with a couple co-workers that Brendon was with earlier, but-

"Hey, have you guys seen Alice?" Brendon popped up again, on his toes, as per usual during parties such as this. Jon and Ryan shook their heads simultaneously. Brendon seemed as peppy as can be, but both friends knew that Brendon's heart sank into his stomach. "Why not?" Brendon asked over the music.

"Why not?...I don't know, Bren." Ryan replied sadly. He did sort of miss Alice, in an unconventional way...He disliked it when Brendon and Alice were overly flirtatious-which he came to notice after visiting the set every week or so-but he did miss the nice companionship. "Maybe still running errands?" Jon implied shortly after a brief pause. Brendon's eyes widened. "She's been doing these fucking errands all day long. Why is she still gone?"

"I don't know. But don't worry just yet...I wouldn't." Jon replied curtly. Brendon narrowed his eyes at the poor bassist. "Yeah, well, if this was your GIRLFRIEND we were talking about then-"

"She's your girlfriend?" Jon and Ryan asked in unison as they both turned their heads towards Brendon. Brendon suddenly found himself stuck in this corner. Both of his friends' eyes seemed to undress him, and he felt rather...bare. Stripped.

"Er...no." Brendon hesitated before really answering. "Oh," Ryan said softly, and turned away. "I need another beer." He said to Jon, to which Jon responded with a, "Oh, get me one too!"

"Want another, Bren?" Jon asked as an afterthought, even though Ryan had already ambled off. Brendon shook his head. "Already had three Red Bulls."

"Three Red Bulls? Why aren't you stripping off of some random table, then?" Jon asked inquisitively. Brendon chuckled, and shook his head. "I believe I've become...immune, almost...But seriously...where the hell's Alice?"

"I dunno. Ask Sarah. Isn't Sarah like, her best fr-" Before Jon could even finish his reply, Brendon zoomed off to Sarah on the dance floor. It was a slow song then, and Sarah's head was resting against Spencer's chest. The two looked absolutely adorable together, until Brendon interrupted. Jon shook his head, and rubbed his temples. Brendon screwing everything up that was already perfect...as always...

"HaveyouseenAlice?" Brendon asked in a rush. Sarah looked up in alarm, and after noticing it was 'just Brendon', she leaned her head back onto Spencer, who gave Brendon this rather annoying glare. "No, I haven't Bren..." Sarah trailed off, almost sleepily.

"Hey...But she's been gone almost all day."

"I know Brendon...Just give her time, alright? Maybe there's like some family emergency or something, she'll be back-"

"Family emergency?! Wouldn't she tell me if something happened to her famil-"

"Brendon, you're not her boyfriend, nor are you her close friend. So just calm down." Sarah nearly yelled in annoyance. Brendon, whose sinking heart in his stomach lowered down to the bottom of the dance floor, dragged his feet as he walked off the floor. Spencer stared at Brendon, then whispered to Sarah: "Was that really necessary?"

Sarah shrugged. Spencer looked at her and stopped dancing. "What?" Sarah asked. "Nothing," Spencer replied softly, and dragged her closer to him. He sighed. It was going to be a long night...

-30 minutes later-
"But I need to fucking know where she is!!" Brendon yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Brendon, get down from there, we'll find her, okay?!" Ryan shouted at poor Brendon, who was obviously in hysterics.

The boys (as well as the cast and crew that were still there at 12:45 am...) were on the rooftop of the building the bar was in, and Brendon was standing on top of a very high...ledge. A ledge that was just 7 stories high...

Sarah looked like she was going to cry on Spencer's shoulder, while Spencer just looked amazed by the entire ordeal. Jon looked frustrated, as if he was going to punch Brendon in the face if he didn't just get down. Ryan seemed to be the only one out of the three who was concerned. A few crew members were so drunk, they couldn't even function properly, so they ended up shouting: "Jump! Jump! Jump!" to Brendon. Brendon looked like he WAS going to fall off the rooftop, if he didn't get down soon enough!

"How the hell did he get up there anyways?..." Someone asked Spencer in wonderment. Spencer didn't bother to look at who asked him, but Spencer mumbled something about Brendon and liquor intake.

"It's not that I don't trust her!" Brendon screamed randomly in an outburst. Everyone drew their breath; they didn't dare go up to Brendon to help him down, because they were afraid they'd knock him down if they even touched him. "I trust Alice...a lot." Brendon mumbled to himself pathetically.

"If you trust her so much, Bren, will you just come down? I mean, if you trust her, then why should you care whether she's here or not? She must be away for a good reason-" Jon tried to analyze the problem, but the dilemma only worsened after that.

"I TRUST HER! The problem I'm having, JON WALKER, is that her FRIENDS don't trust me!" Brendon screamed shrilly this time, more like a girl. He tossed a filthy glare towards Sarah, who was now bawling her eyes out. Spencer looked at the girl next to him, and shook her by the shoulders before saying to her in a very deathly voice: "Do YOU know where Alice is? Please? Tell him so he can rationalize and just get the fuck down from that ledge..."

"I-She..." Sarah only choked out sobs. She could barely formulate words. She could barely even TALK. Brendon gazed at Sarah. "Well?!" He demanded impatiently.

"Brendon, she's visiting her sister in Florida...Her sister recently contracted cancer, and also had a miscarriage...That's why she's GONE. That's why she isn't here. She didn't bring her cell phone with her, and god knows she only brought a small amount of money with her..." Sarah blurted out, half sobbing, half screaming into the chilly wind of the night. There was silence. Sarah was still sobbing heavily, while Spencer tried to coo her. Jon put his head in his hands, and Ryan finally tried to end the whole matter by saying: "C'mon, Bren...get down...Before..."

Someone should have said, "Knock on wood!" because just before Ryan could even persuade Brendon to get down, it was too late.

Brendon went tumbling down.


Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall...
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall...
Oh Humpty Dumpty, will you call?
Humpty Dumpty, you're nothing more than a rag doll...
Humpty Dumpty...
Are you dead?


A/N: Woohoo! Updates! I was in Lake Tahoe the past 3-day weekend, and since I didn't have internet access (or anything to do, really!) I ended up writing TWO AND A HALF CHAPTERS. Uh-huh. You heard me. (Or read me?) I'm going to be a bit of a retard, and leave this chapter here for you to digest...and then post the next chapter later...(Ooh, I'm evil.)
I love everyone here. Ficwad is just a damn good community for panic! fics.
xo,nat.
Sign up to rate and review this story