Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We're Both On Borderline Obsession

Hurdle #1

by meeniemoe 7 reviews

Brendon and bruises...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-06-01 - Updated: 2007-06-02 - 2187 words

1Exciting
A/N: Wow. You guys are the sweetest chums/muses ever. I now have a new request of fellow reviewers: (don't worry it's not bad or anything!) I see that some are a bit short on words for reviews, and also, when I take a long time to update, I realize people might have to look at the chapter before the newly updated one to catch up on what had happened. Sooo...I'm stealing off of someone else's idea (her author's name is Secret Lily; she writes Lily/James fics on mugglenet)to create MEMORABLE MOMENTS.
What happens in these 'memorable moments'? Well, let me tell you:
1) copy and paste your fave quote/moment from the most recent chapter at hand (from chapter 13, in this case) into your review.
It really is that simple! Then I know which part you liked best, and plus, it might jog your memory a bit when you continue onto the next chapter. (Especially if you are reading more than 1 fanfic at a time, which I do a lot...)
Sorry this took awhile to explain...and I hope this new little method works. If it doesn't, I'll take it off later on. -Nat.



Chapter 13: Herdle #1

"That was actually really quick, though...I didn't know they could print press that fast." A girl's voice-Sarah's?-could be heard from the next room. Brendon's eyelids fluttered open, and tried to absorb his surroundings. He didn't recognize where he was. He tried to push himself up, but he couldn't bring himself to-it was as if all his energy had been drained from him.

"I didn't know either, but...Maybe we should call Derek and tell him Brendon took a bad fall, and-" Spencer was cut off abruptly, though, by Sarah again.

"Are you kidding me? TELL him that he fell?" Sarah seemed agitated by all of this.

"Of course. What else are we going to do? Derek'll see this, and there's no way avoiding the truth..." Ryan said, in a quieter voice. Then there was a silence. Brendon tried to roll out of the bed he was laying on, but that didn't work either. It was definitely a bad idea, especially after he saw the big black-and-blue splotch on his arm. He screamed.

"Brendon?" He heard a chorus of voices from the next room over. Oh, great. Now he had to gather attention...something he didn't want at the moment.

His head throbbed immensely as he spotted his four friends enter the room. There they were: Jon, Ryan, Spencer, and Sarah. What happened?...Why were they so scared...? What was wrong with him?

"Hey guys..." Brendon greeted with a very trying smile. Jon smiled back, and ruffled his hair. "Hey, how are you? You don't hurt too much, do you?"

"My head hurts, and my arm hurts even more. Except...what happened last night? All I remember was drinking a beer, just one, right, and then...I don't remember the rest."

"Well, apparently the beer you drank had some kind of pill in it...It was supposed to make you pass out, except...well, you didn't. Not 'til later anyways. And we don't know who was the culprit of the drug in the drink." Spencer told him informatively. Ryan rolled his eyes. Duh.

"Brendon, you jumped on top of a ledge, and we all thought you were going to fall off the building...luckily, you only fell back onto the rooftop. You were so reckless last night..." Sarah told him, and touched his arm gently. Brendon winced, and Sarah saw the bruise.

"Yes, well, at least you didn't break any bones..." Sarah said softly, before stepping back and saying, "I'll get you something to drink. You're probably parched."

"Water's fine." Brendon croaked.

After Sarah left the room, there was silence, again. Brendon looked at his very quiet friends uncomfortably. "What really happened?" He asked them slowly. Ryan scratched the back of his head. "Well...just don't go jumping off some other building if we tell you what happened last night,"

Brendon only nodded, and then listened to his friends tell him everything: from the time when he drank the beer, to the time when he jumped on the rooftop, yelling at Sarah, wondering where Alice was, and where Alice REALLY was...Then Sarah came back from the kitchen, and handed him the glass of water.

"Here," She showed him the magazine she was talking about earlier. Brendon's eyes widened. "That's a fucking tall building..." He murmured to himself, and Sarah nodded. "I told you...the press caught onto this really quickly," Sarah told him surely, before glaring at the three other boys in a very I-told-you-so manner.

"What're we going to do now, then? Where AM I anyways?" Brendon asked, looking around at the very girly sheets that covered him. It was a very clean room, though. And the scent was familiar...but it couldn't be...

"This is Alice's room. You're back at our flat. The flat that we share." Sarah told him, before taking back the glass of water that was finished. "Want a refill?" She asked before he shook his head dismissively.

"We're thinking of letting you rest here, without the press knowing where you are. And you're lucky that we've just hit the three-day weekend. So you're going to rest, and you're going back to the set on Tuesday." Ryan said, sounding very manager-like. Jon nodded in agreement, and Spencer asked, "Sarah, is it ok if we visit here over the course of the next three days? I think Ryan wrote some lyrics, and wanted to run them by Brendon and stuff..."

"No problem. I'll be out most of the time, conferences and everything concerning China's economic problems at the moment...There's some weird malfunction over there where the stocks are rising, but the economy's not really thriving at all...So yeah. Only time I'll really be around is at night to sleep." Sarah grinned at Spencer, who mouthed a silent 'Thank you'.

When the three boys and Sarah walked out of the room to let Brendon rest, he only collapsed onto his pillows, and thought: Why didn't Alice tell me she was going to leave?...Doesn't she know what this does to me?

*

"Good to have you back, Urie." Derek said firmly, and patted the actor's/singer's back. Brendon let out an 'oof', before nodding profusely and walking with Geets onto the set.

"You okay?" She asked rather worriedly. Brendon nodded, as if still in this faze. "Okay, well...we'll take it easy then?" She asked him. Brendon just nodded again, and Geets launched into what she did the past weekend with her new boyfriend. Brendon wasn't really listening, and therefore didn't hear Derek yell, "ACTION!"

I don't even know what scene we're doing! Brendon panicked, and after Geets repeated her line-twice-Brendon turned to Derek to ask, "What are we doing?"

Derek looked at Brendon stonily, and told everyone, "CUT! CUT!" Brendon suddenly realized he was supposed to memorize two pages of the script over the three-day weekend. But he didn't. His mind wasn't thinking about anything other than Alice all weekend.

"Did you memorize the script, Brendon?" Derek asked in a very menacing voice. Brendon shook his head. He wasn't about to lie, after all. Derek gave out this sigh that could be described as, 'I-can't-believe-you-didn't-do-this-because-I'm-very-disappointed-in-your-actions-as-of-right-now.'

"Okay, Mr. Urie. I'm letting you off the hook right now, because I know you've been having a rather tough weekend. I'll give you two hours right now to memorize the script, with Geets. Okay?" Brendon nodded in silence, and went outside with Geets. They sat on a grassy patch on the field just near the parking lot, and started rehearsing.

It took Brendon three and a half hours to get the entire two pages memorized.

The sad part was that he only had 9 lines, whereas Geets had 21 lines to memorize.

I'm losing it. I'm really losing it.


*

"Brendon? What about this one?" Ryan pointed out to his chicken-scratch-like writing. More lyrics were being brought in every day by Ryan, and every day, Ryan tried to coach Brendon on how to vocalize the lyrics in the 'correct' manner.

"What?"

"Brendon...I just said the same thing, like, twice. Can't you just concentrate or something?" Ryan asked exhaustedly, and sipped the water that came from Alice and Sarah's kitchen. Brendon sat on the floor, shaking his head. Spencer was talking in hushed voices to Sarah, who was giggling softly.

"Didn't I say that I thought it seemed sort of...angsty or something?" Brendon asked in his most annoyed tone. Ryan narrowed his eyes at him, and replied with a curt, "No."

"Well I thought I did." Brendon insisted, and looked elsewhere as Ryan scooched to sit closer to Brendon. Jon sighed, and shook his head. The two of them were driving him nuts. Couldn't they have one conversation that didn't lead to an argument? Ever since Brendon fell on the rooftop, no-one's been quite sane. Especially those who had to work with Brendon-they suffered most, because Brendon just couldn't seem to think correctly anymore. Jon wondered if it was the fall that Brendon took, or if it was Alice's absence that caused Brendon's lack of attention to anything these days.

"You didn't. So next time, talk like you're supposed to." Ryan snarled. Jon couldn't take it anymore, and basically cut in, saying, "You guys, maybe we should take a break. Let Brendon finish his goddamned film first, then we can focus on writing again."

"Whatever." Ryan said in a monotone voice. This time, Spencer and Sarah looked up from their conversation, and stared at Ryan as he left in a disgusted manner. Spencer hadn't seen his best friend so uptight since...they first had Brendon in their band. Or the years before when Alice and Brendon broke up...

"Maybe we should go," Spencer mumbled into the silence.

"Yeah, we should. I don't know where Ryan would go anyways, since we carpooled here together," Jon said in a confused manner before getting up with a groan. His leg had fallen asleep while he was sitting on the couch.

"You want me to drop Brendon off at the set for you guys? Then it won't be such a hassle to have Ryan and Brendon in the car together," Sarah asked as she took Ryan's glass and put it in the sink. Spencer and Jon nodded simultaneously, while Brendon sat there in silence. "Brendon?" Sarah asked hesitatingly. Brendon looked up. "Huh?" He asked. He was totally oblivious, so Sarah just assumed she'd drag him to her car.

"Okay...I'll come visit you on the set tomorrow, okay? Just chill...and take it easy." Jon patted Brendon on the back. Spencer was already out the door to comfort Ryan. Who was sitting in the car, very upset at not being able to drive anywhere without waiting for his band members.

"C'mon, kid. Let's get out of here." Sarah ruffled Brendon's hair. Brendon followed Sarah to her car, in a very dazed manner.

Spencer and Jon watched Sarah and Brendon drive away.

"I really hope Alice gets back soon." Spencer whispered to himself. He didn't think Jon heard him, until Jon replied, "I hope so too."

*

"Here we go." Sarah let out an exhausted sigh, as she parked her car near Brendon's trailer. She watched Brendon sit still in his chair. A moment passed. "Oh, right." Brendon murmured, and opened the car door, ready to get out. Sarah touched his shoulder. Brendon turned in his chair.

"Just hang on, okay?" She smiled, and half-hugged Brendon. Brendon felt numb to her touch, felt numb to everything in the world. He couldn't feel a sensation in his body. He couldn't feel his stomach growl when he was hungry. He couldn't hear his mind telling him to FUNCTION.

"O...Okay." He agreed, but didn't return her hug. "Brendon, it's not that bad. She'll be back. You'll be fine." Sarah tried to comfort her best friend's friend (whoa?) as best as she could. Brendon managed to give this quirky, lopsided smile.

"Who says I won't be fine?" He responded, a slight smirk marking his face.

Brendon then left, as Sarah remained with a question mark floating above her head.

She shook her head. Boys will be boys, right? She thought sort of frustratedly, before speeding off into the distance. But not long before she received a phone call from...

"Liz! How are you?" Sarah asked, surprised to receive a call from Alice's publisher all of a sudden.

"Not much, actually...I have some-"

"Have you heard from Alice?" Sarah inquired quickly. She needed-wanted-any information about her best friend.

"Yes. And it has to be kept secret. This cannot leak to the press...Not like what happened with Brendon last night."

"This morning, technically," Sarah corrected Liz off-handedly.

"Whatever. But no-one can know about this. Understood?" Liz's commanding voice was loud and clear over the cell phone Sarah held to her ear.

"Right then..." Sarah murmured sarcastically as Liz continued on to explain Alice's whereabouts.

No-one can know about this...


A/N: DON'T FORGET! Memorable quotes!
Sign up to rate and review this story