Categories > Games > Star Ocean 3: 'Till the End of Time > A Night or Two in Paradise

Awakening

by silverrain 0 reviews

Albel wakes Fayt up in the middle of the night while staying in Airyglyph castle for a little...chat.

Category: Star Ocean 3: 'Till the End of Time - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-11-20 - Updated: 2005-11-20 - 1188 words

-1Boring
Righty. Well, I'm not really sure what to put here, but I'm just saying 'Hi' cause I've got nothing else to do. I wrote this and rewrote this a couple times before I was satisfied. It took me a week to get it to my liking. My mother got a hold of it and I nearly had a heart attack. But she said she like it, knowing who and what gender the two characters were, and again, I nearly died of shock. So um...this is my AlbelFayt fic, and I'm currently working on the second chapter. And this is placed after the defeat of Luther, the day before they all break up. So I'll have everyone know this is not a one-shot ficcie...just so everyone knows...you know? Good. Now out with my pointless drabbling and onto the story! (After the disclaimer)

Disclaimer: I hate these things. Everyone knows I'm never gonna own them, but I did do my hairstyle like Albels, so maybe I can own that. Yups. I died my black tips blonde! With bleach! O.o
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Fayt? Albel prodded the sleeping 19-year-old, attempting to wake him up, but trying to keep his voice low enough to not wake the other occupant of the room. He considered waking the boy up like he did that night in Peterny like he had before just for fun, but quickly dismissed the idea once he remembered his reaction. The yelling and scolding...things like that. The things that would wake the blonde up, who would cause a chain reaction, again going into the yelling and accusations, and he'd retaliate, and Cliff would begin a fist fight against a katana that he'd never win. No. He wanted Fayt alone, not letting anyone else know about it. Hopefully.

Fayt mumbled a bit at the gentle prodding and turned over. Albel just stared at him. "Fayt!" the swordsman hissed, trying for the last time to wake the blue haired Earthling up. Fayt didn't seem to hear him.

Albel grit his teeth together in annoyance and frustration, turning on heel, he was about to leave and give up when, "Albel?" Fayt mumbled sleepily watching the 24-year-old start to march away. Albel whirled on him, both relieved and angry that Fayt took so long to wake up...but at least he woke up. "Silen-Quiet!" he commanded almost to used to his soldiers noisiness at walking through the castle to address Fayt like he would one of them if they were loud. He checked to make sure Cliff hadn't awoken. "Come here!" the crimson-eyed warrior demanded, beckoning him to follow him out in the hall. "Why?" Fayt asked, still half-asleep.

Albel let out a frustrated sigh. "Just do it!"

Fayt reluctantly left his warm bed to join him in the castle hallway. After closing the door as quietly as he could, Fayt turned around, prepared to start bitching the swordsman out when he found the hall empty. He moved a couple steps forward cautiously. "Albel?"

Arms wrapped around his waist and pulled him backwards into a tight embrace. He gasped in surprise and tried to turn around to face the person, but the arm and claw, Fayt noticed, held him fast. "Albel?" he asked again in panic, now fully alert and awake.

Locks of hair brushed against his neck and hot breath made him shiver slightly as Albel pulled him back against his body. "Didn't I tell you to be quiet?"

What...was Albel doing? Fayt wondered, feeling Albels fingers run through his short blue hair. He didn't move away even though he knew he could, but didn't respond to the man's actions either. Fayt followed Albels hand down to his cheek with his emerald eyes. "Albel..." he muttered softly.

"Hmm...?" The katana master circled his arms around Fayt's shoulders and clasped his hands together in front of him.

"Was this...why you woke me up?" The embodiment of destruction voiced his question aloud, still not moving from Albel's hold. He liked it...he liked Albel's arms wrapped around him. Could he love him?

Behind him, Fayt felt Albel shift nervously. "Actually..." he began hesitantly. "I just wanted to tell you...h-how much I loved you." There. He said it, and as soon as he did, Albel instantly released Fayt and stared at the floor, shame flushed across his face.

No amount on preparation could have prepared Fayt for the Elicoorian's words. They still didn't register to his brain. He was pretty sure it was coming when he felt Albel shift but still it came to him as a shock. "Y-you what?" he stammered all to well knowing what he'd said. That he loved him...loved...him...how? He was so confused.

It was foolish to believe that Fayt would love him in return, the mere idea of it was ludicrous to begin with. He had Sophia...a childhood, girlfriend that was technologically intelligent and much nicer than Albel the Wicked. He didn't need him at all. Albel sighed, and lifted his head up to look at Fayt, tired of waiting in agonizing silence for a reply. "I...nevermind, just forget I said anything and go back to bed if your tired. Better yet, if you want, I'll leave this little band and stop bothering you.... sorry.... goodnight."

'So this is what it's like to have loved and be rejected. Albel thought. He had finally opened himself up, and all the boy could do was stand there, immobile. 'I always maintained that felling something for someone else was a weakness.' He told himself and moved to get around Fayt to go back to his room down the hall.

"No!" Fayt grabbed Albel's wrist before he had move two steps away and forced him to stay there, finally snapping out of his daze. "Wait..."

Albel stared as Fayt fought to bring himself together. He tried to find the words that suddenly eluded him. He knew what he wanted to say, he was just trying to find a way to say it. Suddenly, Fayt pushed Albel up against the wall, a door in reality, and put his lips on Albel's, letting go of his wrist and using that hand to tilt the taller man's head down slightly. Albel's claw hit the door, making a loud clang on the wood but the two, who were currently engrossed in their own world away from everyone, quickly ignored this.

Albel's arms again locked around Fayt waist to pull them together. He returned the kiss and licked Fayt's lips for entrance to his mouth. Fayt quickly complied, and closed his eyes as Albel thrust his tongue into his mouth hungrily. He pushed on Fayt's lower back to bring them even closer. Unthinking, Fayt pushed Albel up against the door to lean on for support, and placed one of his legs between Albel's. He wanted so much more from him, if only they were in Albel's room...

Quite suddenly, the door behind Albel opened and he fell backwards in the room with Fayt on top of him.

"Funny...came a chuckling voice. "I always thought Albel would be on top."
Sign up to rate and review this story