Categories > Games > Star Ocean 3: 'Till the End of Time > A Night or Two in Paradise

Blackmail

by silverrain 0 reviews

Cliff's caught the two, and is now grilling them for answers. Fayt's completely humiliated and Albel's fighting it. What will Cliff do to them?

Category: Star Ocean 3: 'Till the End of Time - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-11-20 - Updated: 2005-11-20 - 1243 words

0Unrated
Copy, paste from fanfiction.net. Copy, paste. Same username..nuunie.

Disclaimer: Ugh. No, I don't own Star Ocean...K?

Fayt looked up at Cliff and flushed a deep shade of red. He had absolutely no idea how to explain why they were outside the door, except for the reason they were, but he was most certainly not going to tell him that. Hurriedly, Fayt removed himself from Albel and stood up, trying, in vain, to hide his embarrassment.

Albel pushed off the floor with his claw to stand once Fayt was off of him. He wasn't entirely sure what to say either. The swordsman was embarrassed, but he'd be damned before he let it show like the blushing 19 year old beside him, and as well he should. However, no one had ever heard of Albel the Wicked blushing, and he'd make sure no one ever did either. Maybe he'd just strangle the blonde later. On second thought....he paused, pondering Cliff's words. Yes, he'd certainly be the one on top, and a sweaty and panting Fayt below him. Maybe he'd let Cliff live after all...

Said Klausian was looking from Albel to Fayt, he certainly seemed to have startled the duo, but completely and utterly humiliated Fayt. This was beginning to be fun, perhaps he'd tease them a little more. "So!" he clapped brightly. "Been having fun outside the door?" he leered. Just as he predicted, Fayt blushed to an even deeper red, to match Albel's crimson eyes, and quickly turned away from him.

"It wasn't what it looked like!" The blue haired boy protested defensively, causing Cliff to grin wider. Sure....

Albel resisted the urge to roll his eyes, and decided against pointing out that it would've been if they were in a bedroom. He'd like to see Fayt deny that! Although, if Albel wanted Fayt enough, he'd do him anywhere, even in the hallway. After all, it'd be Fayt on the cold stone floor, not him. He amused himself for awhile with that idea until Cliff cleared his throat to direct his attention. "What?" he managed to ask in the harsh tone he was so proud of.

Cliff raised an eyebrow. "I asked you a question." He stated calmly, his eyes still focused on Fayt. The boy was fidgeting now, making the Klausian actually happy he was woken up. This was so great, the two would never live it down. He did wonder though, why they were both outside the room, this late at night too. Albel must have been leaning up against the door to fall like that when the door gave away. Which means that, if Fayt fell on top of him, then he'd have been either threatening Albel or...ah! So that's why Fayt was so defensive and mortified! That would explain it! Now to work the information to his advantage...

"How did you know we were out there anyway?" Albel asked, avoiding the earlier question Cliff might have forgotten about by now. He glared at him, purposefully interrupting his thoughts in revenge. Suddenly, the blonde's face lit up and Albel's heart sunk. He might have just figured it out.

"Well..." Cliff started slowly, thinking. "There was a thump and then a very loud clang against the door. It woke me up and...."

The Elicoorian stopped listening there and searched his memory for the sounds. His guess was that the 'thump' was his body hitting the door when Fayt pushed him up against it, but the 'clang' he couldn't place. The way Cliff made it sound, it was like metal-his claw! Albel thought suddenly, automatically looking down at it. It hit the door and the stone on the side of the doorway, which resulted in Cliff's awakening. Albel paled. This was not good. If Cliff had any sense in him at all, any small fragment of a brain, he could put the sounds and their actions to conclude...

"...that's when I found you two in that delicate position and you fell over!" Cliff finished explaining happily.

"Oh..." Albel trailed off, what else was he supposed to say? "Wait. What?" he snapped, bringing his head back up to glare at him again. "'Delicate position?' You mean you saw-"

"You two wrapped together and smoochin'? Yup!" he interrupted gleefully. He hadn't really, but judging by Albel's expression, he knew his guess was right. Whatever would he do with them?

Albel's expression darkened and he took a threatening step forward, his claw resting on his katana hilt. "If you tell anyone, I swear I'll-"

"Killing me won't erase peoples memories of what I could tell them, and you can't stalk me forever. Tomorrow's the last day we all have together. Once I'm on the Diplo, I'm free to say whatever I want, since you won't be there."

The Captain of the Black Brigade stopped mid-step. He hated it when the blonde was right. Everyone was leaving tomorrow, well, except Nel...And Fayt if he could help it. And he was really growing tired of Cliff finishing his sentences for him. So how would they keep him quiet? Albel sighed in defeat and reluctance. "What do you want?"

Fayt moved for the first time in awhile, embarrassment finally melting away. There was only one way to keep Cliff quiet. He had hoped it wouldn't come to blackmail, but if it was the only way... Moving to stand beside Albel again, he stared into Cliff's blue eyes determinedly. "If you do anything of the sort, I'll tell Mirage how you obsess over her constantly."

This time, Cliff was the one to lose all the color in his face. Albel smirked, he liked this Fayt too. "You wouldn't!" Cliff howled. His only weakness. Why had he told the blue haired boy that?

"You're right." Fayt said smiling. "I wouldn't...if you keep your mouth shut."

Cliff was shocked speechless. He hadn't thought that the young, innocent embodiment of Destruction was capable of blackmail. Apparently he was.

A tugging at his shirt made Fayt look to Albel. The swordsman seemed unsure and uneasy about something. "What is it?"

Albel wasn't in the habit of asking for things. He generally just took what he wanted, but when it came to Fayt and Arzei, things were much different. "Could I talk to you alone for a minute?" Fayt was confused, but nodded and followed him nonetheless. Once at the door, Fayt saw Albel staring at the floor, lost in thought until he approached. The raven-haired man hesitated slightly. "Would you...would you stay with me on Elicoor?" he asked, hoping for the answer he wanted.

Fayt was stunned for the second time that night. Albel really knew when to say things that would catch you off guard, and make you feel like an idiot...he really hated it sometimes, like now. Of course Albel wanted him to stay, but he really wasn't sure. How would he tell his friends without making them suspicious?

"You don't have to answer tonight, I just wanted to let you have time to think it over. Please, tell me tomorrow of your decision. I won't kill you if you say 'no'." Albel allowed Fayt to see a small, but sad smile that no one else would ever see. He leaned forward and kissed Fayt quickly, then turned to head down the hallway. "Good night Fayt..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
.....this was a pointless chapter, really. I'm sorry. Not interesting, but it will get better! I promise!
Sign up to rate and review this story