Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Cold Side of Heart

Love of the Cursed, Part Two: Kiss

by NuuoaEclaire 2 reviews

And friendship became love... And love became...?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-05-29 - Updated: 2007-05-30 - 2667 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: Yeah, I know! Call it author's intuition, or pure luck, insight, whatever! I haven't updated in an eternity. Whether it was my gloated, I wrote over 3000 words head and need more reviews, or perhaps my grade eight year pulling to a close... I forgot to update! First off, I'm sorry, and now I'll stop my rant and continue. I seriously felt like I was going to throw-up due to lack of writing! I missed you! -Nuuoa Eclaire

Disclaimer: I do not own Class of the Titans, but I own all my own writings, story, Aredith and the modified legend of Thisbe.

Pairings: Thisbe/Jyros

Warnings: No actual Class of the Titans characters, besides mention of the gods, this happened in the times of ancient Greece, after Jason and some other main heroes.

(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·
The Cold Side of Heart

Chapter 10: Love of the Cursed, Part Two: Kiss
(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Just like dusk comes after day, dawn comes after night, but for the most part we're too blind to tell the difference. The sad truth for Thisbe was that she had never seen the sun in her whole life, and when the crest of sunlight peered over the horizon, clouds blocked the way... but today it was a wall. The same vine climbed wall she had seen for the past; sun-dried, old, and monstrous, for the past seventeen years of her 'life'.

Just two days ago Thisbe had realized she was flesh. Flesh that itched with godly power to do good and change the name she never earned, but it wasn't only that. For it was just two days ago that woman found man, and lost herself just as quickly. A hero, raised by Hera herself, and grandson to Jason... Too bad she was still god-cursed.

Letting her long coopered red locks cascade down her pale cheeks, Thisbe felt at her throat with clammy hands as she rasped down gulps of compressed air. Her dreams had turned into nighttime fears, and she didn't want to fall asleep again. Never see Jyros' face morph into thunder, smiting her.

"I won't go to my lessons, and I already missed them yesterday." Thisbe's vocal chords strained at lack of use, "If I do I might..." She shuddered at both thoughts. Never being asleep, and never being worthy.
"I will never leave the house." She was a starving dog forced to grovel and obey; she read of the commandments, "I will never love."

A rock knocked her into her senses.

Putting on her strained pout filled with abeyance, Thisbe felt the strange warmth creep from her core into her head and blurred until she could see her intruder or hater clearly. Mobs and man had never confronted the cursed before.

'I don't have time for this,' Thisbe thought with distain, 'this person must be crazy wanting to see me-' The drawn back light wasn't the only thing that caused her graceful stepping to stumble. Jyros stood bellow her with his commanding and endearing presence, somewhat worn as she let her rosebud lips kiss daylight, peering down bellow where Jyros was in her courtyard. Oh, joy!

Thisbe couldn't imagine his reaction, she had just told him not to fall in love with her the other day! She was a regular Narcissus in training. But more importantly she had told him the truth. She was uttered her name, spread and told throughout the land to avoid for fear of death and the wrath of the almightiest.


"I appreciate the unusual visitor," Thisbe barely had time to think about the strength it would take to
throw the rock across the way, "But I really must be returning to... my works." 'Great,' Thisbe thought in pout of irritancy and self-loath, 'Now he thinks I'm a liar, too!' She felt her inner-child cringe within, 'And I am.'
"I apologize for the intrusion, but I have some matters I wish to discuss with you." Thisbe barely heard the words through the pain pounding in her chest as the sun glistened across his chiseled jaw and limped eyes. His voice was imported silk; silk never felt so much like a whip. Each perfect utterance of breath caught her center in a lash of pain, and each syllable brought her to want her impending death.
"Just go away," Thisbe sighed, her soft lower lip going into a quivering pout. It was a habit that Thisbe had adapted to fix pain and awkward situations. Nothing prepared her for this.

It was then that the acclaimed Greek hero became to chuckle, velvety and smooth like the hills she would gaze at for hours on end. All pain became hysteric annoyance.
"Don't laugh at me, Jyros of the Realms of Olympia!" Her lucid blue-green eyes frowned as she leaned further over the edge of her heated rock. Unfortunately her gorgeous face in such a distorted position made Jyros burst into more hysteria, as he slapped his knee. In utter confusion, Thisbe began to wonder how such a serious warrior could be such an... imbecile? Where was her father's family? And who gave Jyros directions to her house?!

"Well, aren't you the-" Thisbe's words caught in her throat as she fell over the edge in a wordless cry, the wind roaring past her ears in mocked satisfaction.
'Curseedddd...' the vision hissed beside her, but it was only a vision, and it turns out home-bred-laughing-heroes are faster than untaught magic; Jyros swooped under her in a second, Thisbe's lungs jarring into her stomach, and the breath being knocked out of her for two different reasons. She cried.

Never had Thisbe felt soggy tears fall from her eyes before, and she couldn't stop it. Light blinded her sight in waves of turquoise flashes, but the strongest hand she had ever know caressed her like the breeze.
"Acacia wishes to see you."
'Y-you don't get it do you!" Thisbe wailed against his strong dark armored chest, "I'm a witch! Cursed by the very hands of your-your goddess and her realm! I-" Jyros' arms rocked her in powerful strokes.
"I don't care, you're my friend, and personally," his smile was worth more than Zeus' lighting bolts, and it was the purest thing Thisbe had ever truly felt, "I think Thisbe is much prettier than Lysandra anyways."

And for once, silence wasn't hell.

(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Gently taking a sip of the strange exotic drink, Thisbe scrunched her nose is distaste, while Acacia merely watched her with her all-knowing purple eyes, not only drinking her tea, but her thoughts... Something Thisbe had learned to control as well, along with levitation, energy burst, and parting the veils of time. The strange stout Acacia had been a wonderful tutor, if not strict.

The moment Jyros had opened the triangular tent's gates, Acacia had pounced with a vengeance of books, studies, tactics for sneaking in and out of Thisbe's house without being caught, and swears from faraway lands.

Though Thisbe now felt she had worth, she couldn't help be still fear her nature to a greater extent, as Aellaqui Stuna Leima was the most powerful heart phrase known to mortals... her power words.

"Clairvoyants can are born with a power-source. There are three. The soul, brain, and heart. The soul's power is set in stone and unbendable, unless you steal power from someone else. The brain's power is only as wide as you think it can be. And the heart is as great as your love. And love is the most powerful thing on earth." Thisbe recited folded her flowing white robe around the side of her knee as Acacia grinned at her quote in a crease of leathery dark skin.
"Speaking of love, that hero of yours is waiting for you again, just like he has been for the past couple month's now," Acacia's cat-like grin engulfed her wide face. Thisbe barely felt the trail of heat come up to her face, surprisingly it didn't light up her eyes, rather her entire face red to match the powder she was grinding.
"We're done for the day," Acacia pulled her black hair behind her ears, "see your friend."
"Thank you, teacher."
Fiery hair flew in front of Thisbe's oval face, but it wasn't noticeable. Somehow the word 'friend' didn't taste as good as it did when it first appeared. With that, she pouted, while the butterflies flew into her stomach, and her hero laughed outside.

(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

The finger of winter, the kiss of spring, the slap of summer, and the huff of autumn. In every month and moon that passes there is slumber, and each is filled with turmoil. Thisbe had been followed by jinxes of doom ever since Acacia had scolded her in the art of clairvoyance and Aellaqui Stuna Leima, and Jyros had become her friend.

But just as the grains of time slip away, so does fear...


Dreams come and go, and for the first time Thisbe let her head rest with no more of her god-dreams. In fact, it had been about a month since her last one, and it had been one she couldn't help but remember...

"Goodbye, Thisbe."

The voice like the wind, carrying a peacock feather.


(¯v´¯)
·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

"I won't use my powers... I won't use my powers on him.... Never..."

Thisbe sauntered into the room, cloaked over with a worn rag. She fiddled nervously with her coopery red hair, pulled into a high ponytail above her head. Now this truly was a stupid thought! Now she was no philosopher, but she was guessing that out of all recorded musings, this one should be banned. Especially for someone like her.

Stupid!

Jyros was hunched over his work desk, his guards still completely unaware she had entered on the other side, and such was the ways of invisibility charms. She was glad perverts hadn't learned this spell! From stupidity to love, Thisbe's transparent turquoise eyes found Jyros. His wavy brown hair was pulled into the slightest ponytail at the back of his head, and the dim lamps made his shape barely visible in the dark of the tent. It smelled of war. Dirt, and sweat. If her concealing spell had failed, they thought her their leader's fun for the night. Great... why did she like the sound of that? 'Ew... or not... What? Ew!'

Her momentary trip to a hot and embarrassing dreamland caused her not to notice Jyros pull himself into attack mode; clutching his broad rimmed gold sword in his right hand, the fluent movement arched his back into the air like a cat waiting to pounce... a tiger. It was pointed at her.

Drawing her hearts energy into an invisible bubble in her hand, Thisbe trailed the light's movements in her hands, and then... pop. The spell was gone, and she felt naked in pitch dark.

"I have done something wrong, Jyros."

At her cold sweet voice, he immediately dropped back into his chair in concern... No, it was relief. What was out in the dry night's inky palm?
"You shouldn't be sneaking around dressed in common robes at this hour, Thisbe." The gentle way he said her name, normally spat at by human tongue and prose, made her heart soar to Mount Olympus.
"I have done something wrong," she repeated firmly, she had to do this. She could break the curse. If she didn't she would die. If she didn't try, then she would die of a broken heart.
"Don't be ridiculous! Never you, it couldn't be that bad, Thisbe." Jyros pulled at more of his scrolls, his sleep-deprived movements were easily noticeable to her.
"It is; I'm afraid it is." Thisbe couldn't imagine the consequences of what had happened, it was unheard of. It involved him. At his listening silence she continued, "I broke my promise. To you, I broke our promise." She felt her blue-green eyes tear in fear at his reply. He might be catching on.

"Promise?" Jyros inquired, she could tell he was getting it. And his emotions were unreadable.
"I once told you not to... not to fall in love. I'm hypocritical." Her smile was as broken as the dirt under her soiled leather sandals.

There, it was out in the open. The cursed had fallen in love, and with Greece's next great hero, for added irony. The monster loving the slayer. But...

Thisbe's smile faded into a whispered cry.
"And you love me too."

Thisbe tried to imagine Jyros's godly face gazing back at her, but all she could come up with was an unreadable expression, and sure set of mouth... but she still wasn't that good at hiding emotions/
"Admit it," Thisbe demanded in sobs, "I know you love me, and you're going about it like you would any military decision! As a woman, I will not stand for it!"
"You're a woman?" Jyros laughed his throaty manly laugh as she stared blankly. If he was expecting her normal girlish pout, he was not going to get it.

"Be serious." Her voice stopped breaking and chilled the air, for the first time not because of her powers. Jyros furrowed his brow at her briefly, as if he was undergoing a deep conflicting battle within himself.
"As one of Jason's grandson, Hera does not allow me to make mistakes." He rolled up his scrolls and took long strides towards her. Thisbes throat swelled as dark chocolate peered into tearing aqua. She was a mistake.

"What am I even doing this for? I'm a cursed child of Thisbe, and I will kill you, too. Even with all my powers I will not be able to save you. I can't do it! You're the leader of war for the sake of Zeus! I shouldn't of come... why am I-" Thisbe barely caught her crystalline tears before he grabbed her in his arms and kissed her in a puff of sweat and lavender. Jyros was perfect. But this wasn't real, real couldn't be what Thisbe had been dreaming. His light olive skin was so soft and calloused under her arms, and his lips were shaped for hers. Pale on tanned. Rosy on dark. They found oneness in the other. She eagerly pressed herself to him for more. His mouth replied just as quickly. But it wasn't ravenous; it was soft, and pure.

And true.

In that moment she truly felt complete. To him she was not scum, or a monster to lock away, or a threat to the goddess herself. She was a woman, a beautiful, powerful, strong, intelligent woman. Strange, but wonderful.

She had once compared her heart to a puzzle, with the biggest puzzle being where to find the missing piece. Well she had it. She had found love. And for the love of Zeus she was not going to let it go.

Because if they didn't break the curse, they would die, with half of her heart going first.

Thisbe gasped at the feel of his hot torso under her hands, and the scars inflicted on his sides... The warmth engulfed her until she was drowning in sensual bliss.

The warmth gone... The happiness gone...

She broke away from him like a man from his dying kiss of air, pulling her heart around her, bigger than ever, as shouts of violence broke through their euphoric dream; she awoke and Thisbe ran with a set frown. She would never let this go...

Never!

And she would be...

The cold side of heart.

Author's Note: Thisbe and Jyros love! Lovely-love! Yay! One more part to go and I'm back to the present, a troubled Theresa, the mystery of the reincarnation of Thisbe/Terabetta, evil Hera, and... Lovely-love! I sprained my neck in Gym the other day, so I've been having trouble typing at the computer, so I'll try once again to keep this short. It feels great to be writing again, but I'll be on hiatus until the end of the school year, which is only about two-weeks! See you then! Bye! P.S. Peacocks are Hera's favorite animals! -Nuuoa Eclaire
Sign up to rate and review this story