Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dawn of Eternal Night

The Man and the Legend

by 1KyuubinoYoko1 0 reviews

I'm not even going to try to come up with a summary, cause I know it'll suck. Anyway, this is my first story. It's set in an AU with my own interpretation of the Arthurian Legend. Please read and r...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-05-30 - Updated: 2007-05-31 - 335 words

0Unrated
It was night, as it always had been, for 100 years. My name is Jonathan Porter; I grew up on a small farm with my mother and father, but because of the conditions none of our crops grew. Five months after I turned 16 my mother died from cancer. About three months after I turned 17 my father killed himself, said he couldn't live without her. When I turned 18 I decided to leave the home and all the horrible memories it still gave me. I traveled the country side, looking for work, I found it, or you could say that it found me. I worked as a teacher, I taught my students in mathematics, none of the fancy algebra and trigonometry; no I taught basic addition and subtraction. I never would have guessed that my whole life was about to change, but before I tell you about that, let me go back a bit, back to the day that the skies turned black.

It's a legend really, and not a very explanatory one either, but even still, people find that it helps to blame things on something else. Our story begins with a simple writer, he was believed to be a powerful warlock, because everyday when he left his home he would go look for some young man or woman. Everyday when he came back to his little hut, he would have just that, and then every night a blood-curdling scream resonated throughout the village. The next morning there would no man, no woman, and the process went on like this for two years, until that fateful day that the writer came out of his hut, muttered a few incoherent words, lifted his arms to the sky, and was struck by lightning. At the very moment he was struck, he vanished, after that the entire sky blackened, casting an eternal shadow upon the earth.

---

That's the first chapter done with, please tell me what you think, even if you hate it, you can flame me all you want.
Sign up to rate and review this story