Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dawn of Eternal Night

The King, the Counsel, and a New Home

by 1KyuubinoYoko1 0 reviews

Jonathan was teleported to some random guy's table. But who's? *enter ominous music here*

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-05-30 - Updated: 2007-05-31 - 564 words

0Unrated
Now that the legend is out of the way, let's skip ahead to how I actually became a teacher, and what happened afterward.

After I left the farm and began my travels, I soon began to realize that I needed a job, so I searched and searched. I finally cam about a small village that needed a math teacher for the younger people. I decided to try it out, and to my surprise the children were fascinated with what I taught them, surprising because usually children of that age hate math. For approximately 15 years I taught, I lived, and I loved it. Unfortunately, it was not to last, as one day during class, just as in the legend of the writer, I was struck by lightning, and when I regained my consciousness I found myself laying on a large round table. Right in front of me sat a man; he was dressed in a flowing purple cloak, a white undershirt, tanned pants, and large brown boots. He had an air of authority that you would only find on the kings in your history textbook of medieval Europe. The man looked at me first with shock, then with confusion, and he asked, "Who are you to disrupt me during my counsel?"

I looked about with confusion, 'Counsel?' I thought to myself. When I looked around the room I saw what had to be at least 16 people seated at different spots all around the table, all of them dressed in purple robes just like the man sitting before me, waiting for my answer. "My name is Jonathan Porter; I apologize if I interrupted you in any way."

The man looked me over, searching, his eyes seemed to pierce right into my soul, at the time I couldn't think of what he would have been searching for. "Alright then Jonathan Porter, I would like an explanation for as to why you are here."

I looked about nervously, honestly not knowing how I had gotten there, "Well, I honestly don't know, nor do I know how I got here, I was teaching my class and--"

The man cut me off, "I did not ask you how you got here, I asked you why you are here."

"I am sorry sir, but I answered that, the reasoning behind my continuation was that I knew that your next question was going to be on how I got here."

The man in front of me chuckled slightly; where as everyone else sitting around the table looked on with both shock and anger, there were even occasional shouts of, "How dare you speak to the king with such disrespect!" To these shouts I became even more confused, 'King?'

"It's alright, I like this man, please continue your story Jonathan Porter, I am quite curious now." The men looked at their 'king' with great befuddlement.

"Well, as I was saying, I was teaching my class and the next thing I know I;m on this table before you."

The king thought for a moment before he called out to his guards, "Michael, be sure Jonathan Porter here is accommodated with everything we have to offer, give him a suite near the armory, and get him anything that he needs!"

The guard bowed, saying, "Yes your grace, as you wish," and with that he motioned for me to follow.

---

Second chapter is over with.
Sign up to rate and review this story