Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Dawn of Eternal Night

Explanations

by 1KyuubinoYoko1 0 reviews

Jonathan follows Michael to his new, temporary home.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor - Published: 2007-05-30 - Updated: 2007-05-31 - 715 words

0Unrated
As I followed Michael through the bustling streets outside the presumed 'castle', I began to notice a common theme with the many pedestrians. They all had the same code of dress; patched up pants and the occasional hole in the shirt. As I continued to walk, my mind began to wander, and I thought to myself, 'Where am I? Certainly I can't be stuck here, I mean there must be something I can do to get back home...'

I was interrupted when Michael said, "Here are your quarters. I will will be right here if you need me. my services are yours as long as my King demands it."

"I thank you for the hospitality. If you could give your 'king' my regards I would be most appreciative, but I would also like to know if I may speak with him some point soon. There is much that I need to ask him."

"Of course, I believe my lord gave you this particular room because it is closest to the castle, and because he would like to speak to you as well," with that Michael bowed and shut the door.

I looked around the room. It was simple, but at least it got the job done. On the far side there was a king-sized bed, the largest I've ever seen. Next to the bed on the right there was a dresser that went up to my waist, and just to my left was what I assumed to be a closet. When I checked inside the door it was just that, only instead of a simple place to put coats and a few little knick-knacks, it was a giant walk in closet with about 20 different kinds of cloaks, presumably one for a different occasion.

I walked over to the bed and sat, I sat and I thought, I thought for about an hour, and before I could get up to leave the room, there was a knock on the door. When I got up to answer, there stood the 'king', he looked at me with an intense amount of seriousness, so I asked the first thing that came to mind, "Yes?"

The 'king' waited for a moment to answer, "The counsel does not approve of my decision to house you, but there was reasoning in my thoughts, and I come here to tell you why, may I come in?" I nodded and moved aside to allow the 'king' entry. When he had fully entered I shut the door and he continued, "I am allowing you to stay because I trust you, I do not know why, but I do, and though you may not know how or why you are here, I would like to know, where do you come from?"

I thought for a moment, I knew the answer, but I didn't want to give up this information quite so willingly to someone I had just met, so I answered with a question of my own, "Who are you?"

The 'king' looked at me with a questioning gaze for a moment before answering, "My name is Arthur Pendragon, 'True King of England', so says that crazy old fool, Merlin, but enough about that, you haven't answered my question..."

I stayed quiet for a moment, processing what Arthur just said, 'Arthur Pendragon? Merlin? Where have I heard those names before...?' That was when I registered that he was waiting for me to speak, "Well, I come from Kilnsford, Iowa, I doubt you've ever heard of it..."

Arthur looked somewhat confused and asked the question I least wanted to answer, "You're right, I haven't heard of it, where is this 'Kilnsford, Iowa'?"

I looked at him skeptically; Arthur honestly didn't know where Iowa was? "Certainly you've heard of the United Sates of America..."

Arthur seemed confused, "Younighted States of Amerika? I've never heard of it, are you sure you're all right Jonathan?"

I looked at him with complete and utter shock, this so called 'king' had never heard of America? That's when it hit me, the question I had dreaded to ask ever since I came here, "What year is it?"

Arthur looked at me with so confusion that I almost knew the answer before he even gave it, "1450, why?"

At that I fainted...

---

Third chapter added!
Sign up to rate and review this story