Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life Support

Life Support

by hips-n-hearts86 6 reviews

ONE SHOT! Patrick is left to watch the love of his life walk off and marry another. Whats a boy to do? Whats a boy to say?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-31 - Updated: 2007-06-01 - 2162 words - Complete

0Moving
It was the perfect dress. It hugged her curves just the way it was supposed to on this very day. It was white, as it should be, with lace and little tiny buttons down the back. The train was long, long enough to tow ten people on the back, but yet still frail enough to rip if stepped on. Her bust was decorated in random beads and it was strapless showing off her wonderful sun kissed tan she had recieved from the cancer causing boutique. She felt like a million bucks, and the dressed wasn't even near worth that amount.

Her hair was down in little dark brown ringlets, only a couple of them were pulled away from her face and placed behind her tiarra. Every girl should have one, she had told her bridesmaids when she had picked it out. They should feel like a princess on their day. Today was her's.

"Beautiful." A much older woman commented to her as she stepped in front of her, blocking her view of herself in the mirror. The woman reached up and adjusted her tiara and handed her her bouque. "He's very lucky." She reached over and kissed the younger woman in front of her on the cheek as tears brimmed her eyes.

The younger woman grinned and held back her own tears. She reached for a tissue with her white gloved hands and dabbed at her eyes.

This couldn't be real, today couldn't be her wedding day. No, it was to soon right? No, it was perfect. Today was perfect. It was supposed to be. No doubts, thats what she had to keep telling herself. Sure she had just turned twenty-two three days ago but she was pretty sure she was ready to marry the man in the other room waiting for her to walk down that aisle to take his name. There shouldn't be doubts. Right?

"Is he coming?" She blurted out. She had stopped staring at herself long enough to inquire information from the other women in the room. They were all dressed in black silk A-line gowns with a light pink sash just under the bosom. The kind that hugged and showed off anyone's figure perfectly. She wanted them all to share this day with her so why not let them feel beautiful.

Her mother hated the colors of the dresses though. She said they were bad luck. Black was not meant for a wedding. Black was meant for funerals, death and finality. Not a wedding.

Each one of the girls looked at each other before one could find a voice to speak up. "I don't think he will be Gracie."

Gracie nodded her head. "Ok then."

One woman stood up and placed her lillies on the table next to her and walked over to her. "Gracie, you don't need him here. You don't need him period. End of story."

"Your my maid of honor. Your supposed to be supportive Julie." Gracie stepped back and picked up her dress walking towards the huge picture window. She prayed she could see his car out there, but with the window being slightly tinted it was hard to tell what was out there.

Julie picked up her dress as well and followed her. "This is me being supportive. You don't need him."

"Thats you being a bitch, not being supportive. Now if you guys will please leave me for a moment. I need to breathe and receit my vows before I walk out that door." Gracie turned away from the window to make sure they all left before rushing to her purse to dig out her phone. She dialed the all to familiar numbers and waited.

'Hi you've reached Patrick. Leave one after the beep....beep...haha ok I'm kidding, so seriously leave one after the beep. Or is there really a bee..' She giggled at his voicemail. He never changed it.

"Hey Patrick, its umm..its me Gracie. I was just wondering if you were going to show up today. I don't think I could go through with it today without you here. I need you here ya know. I need your support. I need to know that I'm doing the right thing. I need your blessing and I need you here in a half hour. Please be here. Ok? Bye." She flipped her phone shut and shoved it back into her purse. He was going to call back. He always did.

Now she just had to wait.

Gracie moped her way back to the huge picture window and waited for any sign of a limo or a car with him in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Patrick stared at the reflection before him and adjusted his tie. She said all black and thats what he wore. A black tie, black suit, black shoes, and hell even a black hat. He wouldn't leave without it. She wouldn't want him there without it. It was his trademark and even though she would always tease him about it, its what she loved about him. '..or used to anyways..' He thought as he leaned over and made sure his shoes were shined.

Today was the day he was going to watch the love of his life go off and marry another. A friend of his nonetheless. He should of saw it coming from the beginning.

Gracie and Patrick were inseperable from the day they met in kindergarden. The first day they met she saw him fall down and scrape his knee. She was there to pick him up and push down the little bully who laughed and pointed at him. She was the there to give him her last fruit roll up to make him smile and stop crying. She was his rock. She was his soul.

They would not of been able to survive high school with out one another. People would stare at them from afar and call out to them, only to laugh at how they dressed or at how they were so miss matched. Gracie was beautiful, Patirck would never deny that. Her dark brown hair almost overshadowed her dark brown eyes, but she was the only one who saw him for him. Not some geek who would never amount to anything. Atleast thats what he was always told. She made him believe in himself and love again. Thats when he fell for her. Senior year.

Patrick had just turned eighteen, Gracie was slowly behind him at seventeen. The sat in the parking lot of their school, making silent vows to one another of always being there and if something were to happen that they would marry each other. It was the first night his lips had touched hers and his last. She had said 'till tonight do us part', but he couldn't stop loving her after that night. Even if she were to shout if from the hill tops that she wasn't in love with him, he would still love her. That was the kind of boy that he was. A hopeless romantic.

The same one that had got invited to her wedding to one of his friends. One of his bandmates. He didn't want to go, but he had to for the support of her and him he guessed. It was the only right thing to do right? He had to be their support system, he was all that they had.

He remembered when Gracie met Joe. It was right after he had met him at Border's bookstore. He had introduced her as his friend, and they hit it off almost immediately. She had fallen for the wrong guy and she didn't even know it. That was Patrick's opinion atleast.

He kept his mouth shut though. He didn't want to speak out of turn for he was afraid of losing both of his friends. It turned out that it was a very good thing that he didn't speak a word of his love for her. Shortly after meeting Joe, he had got together with Pete and some kid named Andy and they formed a little band named Fall Out Boy. They got quite an interest from some big executives and one day out of the blue they were signed. She was there through it all, always in the front row, always cheering on her two loves. Even if she loved one more than the other. She was there, and it made his heart swell.

"Patrick? Hey man come on. Were going to be late for Joe and Gracie's wedding, we gotta run man." Andy yelled as he ran past Patrick's open bedroom door. Yes if he didn't hurry he was going to be late for his own funeral.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

He wasn't going to show.

Gracie's eyeliner and mascara were slowly traveling down her rosey cheeks. She need him here. She needed him NOW. "Patrick.." she called out to the window. Her hand gently raised and touched the window softly. Begging it to somehow make him appear in front of her. "Please..."

A soft knock echoed from somewhere behind her, breaking her away from the window momentarily. "Come in." She stated flatly as another tear rolled down her cheek.

She heard the door open and close and a man clearing his throat. "Wow Grace, you look, wow."

Gracie turned at the sound of the voice and grinned. "You came."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world you know that." Patrick said as he stepped forward and eveloped her into his arms. She felt right, this felt right.

"You wore the black." Gracie pulled away and chuckled as fresh tears cascaded down her face. These tears were of happiness now, not of the sadness from before. "You wore a hat to my wedding. Are you serious?"

Patrick smiled and brushed away a stray tear. "Only for you."

"I love it. I love you Patrick. Thank you so much for coming. This means the world to me." She hugged him tightly to her again. She didn't care whether or not her makeup leaked onto his black jacket. She just had to hold him close to her, she feared this would be the last time she could do so.

Patrick let a stray tear fall, but quickly wiped it away before she could see it. "I love you too Gracie. You mean the world to me. Joe doesn't know what he's got."

Gracie grinned from ear to ear. She loved the way Patrick would always talk so highly of her. Even when she was at her lowest. Joe would never say stuff like that. He would never be as encouraging as Patrick was to her. He would never tell her he loved her out of the blue, or say she looked good even when she was at her worst. He was just a regular guy that did regular things who had what seemed to be a regular love life.

Gracie hated the regular. Hence the black.

"I see you did really go with the black, white and pink theme. Your mother must of hated it. Joe must of hated it." Patrick laughed as he looked around the beautifully candle lit room. "You must really love doing this to everyone."

Gracie shrugged and held him tighter to her. "Its my day, they can't piss on my parade."

"You say that like you actually want that to happen."

"I would be lying if I say I didn't want that to happen."

Patrick let go of her briefly to stare at her. "Are you ok?"

Gracie waved him off with her hand. "I'm fine, really Trick. Everything is fine. I'm getting married, what more could I possibly want?"

"Someone else?" Ugh, word vomit.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing. I was just wondering if you were getting cold feet?" He really needed to change the subject.

"Freezing." She replied stepping away from him and walking over to her flowers. "I think I'm ready to go Patrick."

"I don't know if I'm ready to let you go." Damnit, another word vomit.

Gracie smiled and walked up to him placing a white gloved hand upon his face. "I'm not ready to let myself go either Trick. This is life. This is what I want right? Please tell me this is what I want?"

Patrick reached down at the tissues and tried his best to clean off her face. "Their waiting for you." The music began. "I need to go and get a seat. I have to have front row you know. You've always had front row for my shows."

"Patrick..." Gracie started but was interrupted by his lips brushing slightly against hers.

"Knock 'em dead kid. Isn't that what you would say to me?" With that Patrick left Gracie standing in the middle of the room, her wedding dress billowing around her. Alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~
ok this was my first shot..at a one shot..lol let me know what you think..I may edit this later on and add something to it..I'm not sure yet..
Sign up to rate and review this story