Categories > Original > Fantasy > Virtual Reality

The Town Of Ashton

by darks00 3 reviews

Josh is a computer geek with no life. While creating a game on the computer, the computer gets a virus and Josh catches himself inside his own game! Problem? He only just started the game. And when...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy - Published: 2007-04-06 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 2227 words - Complete

2Funny
Games are like a virtual reality to us. It's like we escape the real world of earth, and enter a virtual reality. We picture outselves in the game, and imagine you are in the video game. We play the game, hoping not to get game over. Life is like a video game. It's like life plays us. What happens when the video game decides to play with you?

Virtual Reality
Chapter 1- The Town Of Ashton

He wished life was like a video game.

If you got game over, you could just continue. You were immortal, never died. Everything in the end ended up a happy ending. Most video games were so cliche, and he knew life wasn't like a video game. It gave you twists and turns, and never gauranteed a happy ending.

He was always on the computer playing video game for hours. He had no friends. He isolated himself in his room with the computer, away from the world. Right now, he was working on making his very own video game. He called it "Virtual Reality".

It was a role playing game with many twists and turns. Of course, you played the main character. His name was Josh.

The boy admired Josh. He was everything that the boy creating the video game wanted to be. He wished he could be his made up character. Hell, he even named the main character after himself!

Josh's favorite element of the world was water. He decided to make the role playing game dealing with the elements of the world. He gave his character, Josh, the power of the element of water. On the outline of his game plan, he put their weaknesses, strengths, special abilities and what element powered them, and which one weakended them.

Character: Josh

Element power: Rain

Strengths: Very calm in tough situations, a good leader. Strict, but fair. He cares about everyone.

Weakness: Sometimes doesn't care about himself enough. Gets distracted easy.

Special abilities: A genious when it comes to technology.

Element rivial: The element of pyro

Element friend: The element of nature

Josh smiled, happy with the bio of the holder of the element of water. His stomache then growled. He realized he missed breakfast and lunch, distracted in making his game. He laughed. In his game he put the main character as getting distracted easily. He guessed the real Josh was like that, too.

He went downstairs to find something to saticefy his hunger.

If he stayed for at least a minute longer, he would have seen the computer flashing a bright red, and in bold black letters, saying "virus alert!" , beeping it's concerns.

About ten minutes later, a no longer hungry Josh went to his computer. He looked at the screen that flashed "virus alert!"

"NO!" Josh cried out.

He spent all day and night on his new video game, and now it had a virus? Josh paniced, as if he was losing his very own baby. He typed furiously at the keyboard, attempting to find the problem and delete it. No luck. The computer screen still flashed its warnings. Josh growled. He hit the side of the computer in fustration.

Josh screamed as the red light got brighter, and brighter. It blinded him. He couldn't see. The only thing he saw was red, even beneath his eye lids.

The computer began to get brighter, and brighter, untill Josh was seen no more, and was dragged inside the computer.

He felt like he was on a roller coaster ride. His stomache was doing flip flops, and he felt dizzy. His screams echoed, and echoed, but that did no good.

When Josh finally got the courage to open his eyes, he saw that he was in a small town. There was only about ten houses. There was a big, wooden sign that said, "Welcome to Ashton!" The grass was a bright, beautiful green with beautiful plants and trees. This town was well kept, and was breath taking. He looked at the people walking around him in confusion. He wasn't in his room anymore.

Wait...Ashton is the town's name...

That was the name of his game's town. He was in Ashton.

He realized he must be in "Virutal Reality".

No, this can't be. A computer can't suck you into a computer and put you in a game.

But there was no explanation. Josh just stood there, with his mouth open wide, wide enough to catch flies. He was speechless.
This was exactly like his made up town called Ashton.

Was he really in Ashton?

Was he really in his video game?

Was he in "Virtual Reality"?

Wait. He really gots to think rationally. I mean, come on, this is crazy. He laughed to the atmosphere. Riiiiight. And next he'd have power of the element rain, just like the character he modled after himself.

In the bushes, were someone...Or something, hiding, watching Josh, stalking him. Then decided now was time to make it's move. The move on the "chosen child".

"ATTACK!" Cried the mysterious stranger.

Josh turned around, his green eyes widening with surprise. In front of him, was a thing in black robes, a brown rope around his waist, a chain around his arms and neck, followed by a white mask on his face. The towns people screamed and ran.

"HELP!" Josh cried as the black cloaked stranger jumped on him.

But no one came to his aid. Not one single villager. They just ran away, screaming. The stranger than took out what looked to be a sythe. It reflected in the sunlight.

"If I kill you now," he said, "my master would be very pleased with me to kill a chosen child!"

"What?" Josh asked in total confusing.

"Hey- Halloween's not till next month, ugly!" Cried a voice from the bushes.

Great. Another stranger. Just what he needed. But this one, was a girl. She hopped out of the bushes and kicked the black cloacked figure in the back, sending him flying. The girl wore blue jean shorts with a green tang top. Her beautiful blonde hair was in a ponytail, and her eyes were sky blue. She wore a white watch apon her wrist.

"Urgh! Not you again!" The stranger said to the girl.

"Yep, it is," said the girl, "ready to get beat by a girl AGAIN?"

The stanger laughed, which only tempted the blonde even more. She closed her eyes, and put her hand on her white watch.

"Chinook," the girl cried, "holder of the element wind, come forth and reveal to me your true form!"

A bright white light came flying from the girl's watch, and something appeared. At first, Josh thought it was an illusion, his mind playing tricks on him. The white light finally faded, and out appeared a giant white phoenix with lovely blue streaks against it's feathers. So, Chinook is a phoenix, the guardian of wind...

"Chinook!" cried the girl once again, "let's show him what you're all about!"

Chinook made a gust of wind from its wings, and the mysterious stranger screamed and cursed as his started to slowly break apart and fall to the ground to nothing. All that was left was his mask, chains and cloak, but not him.

"Wow," was all Josh could say. "Wow."
The girl laughed, then approched Josh. "Man, you must be new here. You got to be more careful."

"Thanks," Josh said, being embarressed someone had to save him.

Josh then stook out his hand. "I'm Josh."

The girl shook Josh's hand. "I'm Sky." Then the girl looked at Chinook, nodding. "That's Chinook, as you heard earlier."

If Josh could whistle, he would right now at the beautiful sight of the phoenix. "Can I touch him?"

"HER," Sky corrected. "And yes."

Josh couldn't believe how soft the phoenix's feathers were.

"Hmmm, wierd," said Sky who was lost in thought.

"What?"

"Usually Chinook doesn't like strangers unless they have magical powers. She can sense these things. Maybe...Could you be a "Chosen Child"?"

Josh laughed. "I doubt that. I'm just your average kid. But, if I WAS a "Chosen Child," how would I get my Element Holder power and my partner?"

"You see," Sky explained, "for me, I had to go through a series of tests that tested my mind, heart and soul. It was very difficult."

"Sounds cool," Josh said.

Sky shook her head. "If you lose one of these tests, you will be trapped in your mind, in your worst fear for internity. It would be worse then hell itself."

"I must be dreaming, right?"

The girl looked at him confused. "What?"

"This is supposed to be a video game," explained Josh. "Exsept all I did was make up the element gaurdians, but I didn't make them have a partner."

Sky laughed. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Josh studdied Sky for a second. She was serious. "Oh, it's nothing."

Sky was about to faint, but Josh caught her. "You ok?"

"Yeah. Just summoning Chinook takes lots of energy from my soul. We're connected. Chinook, return to me!" Sky ordered.

And just like that, Chinook was gone.
"So what was that that attacked me?" Josh questioned the girl.

"It's a Bloodhound," she answered.

"What in the world is that?"

"A Bloodhound is this...This horrible thing that doesn't have a soul, it goes around, trying to find these "Chosen Children". They want the "chosen children's" souls so they could have souls of their own. Only the "Chosen Children" can do this. Apparently, I'm one of them."

"WOAH! This is too crazy." He said, holding his head.

Sky shrugged. "Believe what you want."

"No, fine, I believe you. Just, how did you get Chinook?" Josh asked, pointing at her watch.

Sky looked down at the ground, suddenly interested in her foot. "Somethings are better left unknown."

"Okay," Josh said, slightly confused.

"We better get out of here," Sky suddenly said, changing the subject. "It's dangerous now that the Bloodhounds know where I am."

"So, how many "Chosen Children" are there?" Josh asks her curiously.

"One for every element," Sky explains. "One for pyro, one for rain, one for nature, one for lightning, one for wind, which is me, two for light, and two for darkness."

"Why do light and darkness need two holders?"

"Light and darkness are the strongest elements there are. One person can only hold half of it's powers."

"So, do you know any other element holders?"

"Nope. But I'm trying. We're the only ones who can fight the BloodHounds."

Josh couldn't help but laugh. "Riiiiiight,"

Sky rolled her eyes. "Look, you may have a simple life, and never had to be raised up in hell like I did, so, if you have nothing better to do than laugh at me, I better leave."

"No, I'm sorry," Josh apologized. "Just, this is so unreal!"

"What do you mean?" Sky questioned.

"I mean, this is a game I created," Josh stated, "but I only made the outlines and characters."

Now it was Sky's turn to laugh. "So you're saying I'm one of your made up characters? MAN, you are NUTS."

Josh frowned. "I'm serious!"

Josh looked at Sky, her sky blue eyes now darkening with anger. He sighed. "Look, I'm new here, I'm lost, and I have no clue what to do. Please help me!"

"Then kiss my foot," Sky demanded.

"WHAT?"

"You heard me, kiss my foot!"

Josh didn't know what to do. If he didn't kiss her foot, then she wouldn't help him. Josh closed his eyes, and he crouched on his hands and knees, putting his lips near her shoe...

Sky bursted out laughing, and moved her shoe back. "DUDE! I was just kidding! I can't believe you fell for that!"

Josh blushed. CRAP. Just met a new person, and already managed to embarress himself. Smart move, Josh, Josh thought.

Being emberrassed and wanting Sky to stop laughing at him, Josh decided to change the subject. "So, do you know where any of these "Chosen Children" are?"

"Apparently, there's one in a town called "Ruins Village", said Sky, who finally stopped laughing at Josh. "Chinook found that out. Apparently, all the Element Holder partners are connected to the other Element Holders and their partners. But I Chinook can't tell that well, since Ruins Village is about a day away from Ashton."

"Cool," commented Josh. "Maybe I get one in the future. Where do I go to take this "test" of the mind, heart and soul?"

"It's on the way to Ruins Village, in a town called "Death Valley"," Sky said, her sky blue eyes darkening, "but be for warned- I almost died out there. It was hard."

Josh puffed out his chest. "Whatever it is, I can handle it!"

Sky laughed at Josh's "tough act". "We'll see. Well, we have about a day's worth of walking. If you want to get there as soon as possible, we better leave now."

"You mean...You want to come with me?" Josh asked.

Sky smiled. "Of course, why not? You don't like being around girls? Don't worry, most of my friends are guys."

Josh laughed. "No, it's not that- It's just...To be honest, I never had a friend before."

Sky's smile became bigger. "Now you do. Now let's get going!"

Josh nodded. "Right!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx

Thanks for reading!
Sign up to rate and review this story