Categories > Original > Fantasy > Virtual Reality

Pyro

by darks00 5 reviews

Sorry, sorry, sorry! I've been a busy girl with my new job and crap like that. Again, I apologize!...I doubt anyone is reading this now, lol. Don't worry- I'm workin' on chapter 3 right now!

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy - Published: 2007-06-03 - Updated: 2007-06-03 - 1377 words - Complete

1Exciting
Chapter 2: Pyro

It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin

Paper Cut Linkin Park

_______________________________________________________



Josh's feet were getting sore for walking in the cold, dark night.

"Let's call it a night," Sky said, reading Josh's mind.

Sky and Josh sat right by a river reflecting the moon's beauty. Being a man, Josh started the fire with a match he had in his jean pockets. Why did he have a match, you ask? Josh was only sixteen, but he was already a smoker. He would always bribe a stranger to buy him smokes since he wasn't legal to by any smokes. Luckly, whatever stranger he went to didn't double-cross him. Josh blew into the wood (that Sky collected) that had a little flame in it, and the fire crackled and came to life.

Josh sighed, feeling light headed from blowing so hard. "Why can't we just ride Chinook to Death Valley or Ruins Village? She can fly, right?"

"I told you," said Sky, getting impatient, "Chinook is attached to my soul. When Chinook gets tired, I get tired. When she gets tired, I get tired. She's apart of my soul. I would be praticly be dead if I got her to fly us a day's worth of walking. I only summon Chinook for battles, which is only if it's nessasary."

"Oh."

"So, you really think I might be an element holder, huh?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"So, this "mind, heart and soul" test about?" Josh questioned.

"It's exactly what it says. It tests your mind, heart and soul."

"What was your three tests?"

"Well, every element is different. Has different weaknesses, and different strengths. That's why each element holder's test are different. I'm the element air. I get along well whoever the element of pyro is, and I don't really get along with the element holder of nature."

"How do you know this?"

Sky laughed. "I like my research. The holder of air's personality is very curious and daring. That is also my weakness, though. My specail ability is to sense other people's powers, like yours. It's weak, but I can feel it. Just like it's my own heart beat, in my head. That's why I'm being so open to you. It's like my sixth sense."

"Cool," commented Josh.

"But," Sky said, leaning closer to Josh, whispering as if it were some secret, "if you don't pass these three tests, or if your element partner doesn't connect to you, or isn't apart of your soul, that element partner will devour your soul. You will be souless and turned into a bloodhound."

"Woah. Some pretty deep stuff there."

Sky nodded. "I almost turned into a bloodhound. Be careful. These tests are challanging. Just don't lose your cool."

"Gotcha," Josh replied.

Then Josh studdied the ground. "Do we really have to sleep on the ground with no blankets or pillows? How are we supposed to sleep on ground?"

Sky shrugged. "Close your eyes, City Boy."

"HEY!" Josh cried out in defense, "I've been camping. I just don't want to be cold!"

"Is all you do is complain?" Moaned Sky.

Josh rolled his eyes. "Well, good night."

"'Night."

Josh and Sky let Darkness took over them, and went to sleep.


The sun rose that morning painting a beautiful sunrise. The sky was filled with a beautiful yellow and red. Birds were chirping a soothing melody, besides that, there was no sound. But, someone...or some thing was watching Josh and Sky. Waiting for its move...

He smirked, and crept by the fire. They were asleep. Defenseless. Now he could kill the chosen children right now with his own hands. He grabbed his sword from behind his cape hidden in the shadows. He stood infront of Josh, the sword posed at Josh's neck. Josh, feeling the shadow creature's breath and presense around him, gasped out in shock, jumped up, and kicked the sword out of his hand.

"What the fuck?!" Cried out Josh.

Sky woke up with a start. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Josh, you can play "Ninja's" tomorrow..."

The shadow creature quickly grabbed the sword again from the ground, swift as the wind, and aimed for Sky. Sky, being quick, missed it about two centimiters.

"Holy Moses!" Sky cried out in surprise.

"Quick! Call Chinook!" Ordered Josh.

"No," Sky said sharply, "I can't. It takes too much energy, and this guy's not worth it."

Sky dodged another attack from the stranger, and did a shoulder roll from the ground. She escaped without a scratch.

"You know this guy?" Josh asked.

"Yes. He's a Bloodhound." Sky explained.

"How do you know he's a bloodhound?" Josh asked.

"See that scar of Japanese writing on his arm?"

"Yeah..."

"That's Japanese writing for "Bloodhound." That's how I know."

"Oh."

"Now, standing there like an idiot's not helping!"

"Oh, right, sorry!"

Josh didn't bother studying the bloodhound. They all looked the same to him.

Josh kicked the bloodhound in the back of the shin. He cried out in pain, but didn't let go of the sword.

"Head's up!" Cried a voice from the bushes.

Boom.

A soccor ball hit the Bloodhound right in the head, knocking him unconcious. He fell to the floor with a very confused Sky and Josh.

Sky and Josh looked at the kid running up towards him. He had curly red hair with freckles with green eyes. He wore black shorts with a white t-shirt.

"Sorry 'bout that," he said in a Brooklyn accent.

He looked down, looking for his soccor ball, to see the Bloodhound on the floor, unconscious.

"Did...Did my soccor ball do that?" The boy asked.

Sky and Josh nodded their heads "yes".

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" He apologized again.

"Don't be," said Sky and Josh in unision.

"WELL, anyways," says the boy, scratching the back of his head, "my name's Kalvin."

"I'm Sky. Nice to meet you."

"Josh. Thanks for your help."

"AKA City Boy," said Sky.

"SHUT UP!" Demanded Josh.

Kalvin and Sky laughed.

Then Josh noticed it. He gasped as he saw a red watch on the boy's wrist. So did Sky. Was that a chosen child?

Apparently, Sky saw this, too. "Are you a chosen child?"

"Yeah," said Kalvin. "I feel like I can trust you. I'm the element holder of pyro. Want to see my partner?"

"Sure." Said Josh.

Kalvin closed his eyes, and began to chant: "Holocaust, holder of the element pyro, come forth and reveal to me your true form!"

A red dragon came out and blue smoke was all around him. It roared when it saw Sky and Josh. Holocaust (Sky and Josh figured out it was the dragon's name from Kalvin's chant) then began to blow a bright red fire. Sky and Josh screamed as Sky dodged to the left, and Josh dodged to the right.

"Holocaust, return!" Kalvin ordered with worry in his voice.

"I'm so sorry," Kalvin apologized for the millionth time in about fifteen minutes, "I shoud have warned you Holocaust doesn't like strangers, even if they are the chosen children."

Josh was still waiting for his heart beat to return to normal. Josh studied Sky. How could she be so calm when she could have been made to french toast? He wished he had her courage.

"You gotta come with us," Sky demanded out of Kalvin, acting like nothing happened.

"Wha..?" Said Kalvin, completely confused.

"You are a chosen child," Sky explained, "and Josh here is soon going to be one after his test. We have to find all the chosen children. The Bloodhounds are getting closer, and Marco's getting stronger."

Kalvin looked at the unconscious Bloodhound. "Doesn't look like it to me."

"Well, he's gonna get stronger if we don't do anything," insisted Sky.

Kalvin sighed. "You're right. Fine, I'm comin' with you. Where are we going?"

Sky smiled, looking at Josh. "To Death Valley, where Josh's first test...The test of mind is going to take place."

_______________________________________________________

I'm so weak
The closeness of your skin
The smell of this place
Makes me go insane

"Giving In" By Adema

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story