Categories > Movies > High School Musical > Crash Reality Check

Soccer Kick

by mYkah_jade 0 reviews

Learn more about Gabriela.

Category: High School Musical - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-04 - Updated: 2007-06-05 - 1022 words

0Unrated
Soccer kick


"Well, well, well. If it isn't the unlucky chick who can't get a body transplant," Ethan Lichtenberg's voice rang out in the soccer field.

Boisterous laughter courtesy of the rest of the soccer team followed as their assistant captain smugly smiled at the girl walking past the field, not noticing the guy walking alongside her.

Ethan's favorite victim would be Gabriela, although it was unclear to her as to why. The jock just did not seem to quit and would not rest until she was humiliated enough to dig a hole for her to bury herself six feet under.

Gabriela rolled her eyes. "Is that the only thing he can think of? I thought he was king of taunts? Why is there no variation in this one?"

"Sod off Lichtenberg," Troy said in a harsh tone.

Ethan was taken aback as his gaze landed on Troy. Not only was the basketball captain, who is by standards the most popular in East High, with the school's nobody but he was apparently also defending her. Ethan was greatly taken aback by Troy's tone. He never had a fellow jock contradict him when it came to the jeering.

"Whoa, dude! Troy, my man, when did you start to hang out with her? And why are you defending this...what do you call it again? Oh yeah, outcast."

"Watch your words Lichtenberg. I'm warning you," Troy forcefully said. He stepped in front of Gabriela and blocked her from Ethan's malicious view.

"Am I hearing this right? Are you actually defending this girl? If you could call her that. But from the way she picks out her clothes, I would think not."

"Do you even know how to think?" Gabriela said before she could think twice about her choice of words. When she did, she could not help but chuckle and Troy was also stifling a laugh in front of her.

Ethan was shocked. Here he was standing in front of Troy and Gabriela and was just humiliated beyond his belief. A fellow jock and the nobody responsible for it together. He curled his up fist and anger was slowly rising in him. Ethan was a guy who could not exactly get the best of his temper.

"What did you just say Montez? Bolton, get away from her or I would have to knock you out too."

"Oh and I'm scared," Troy sarcastically replied.

Gabriela lightly smacked Troy's shoulder. She was still laughing but answered Ethan anyway. "It's nothing so goodbye. We have far more important places to be other than here. Again, goodbye."

Gabriela grabbed Troy's hand and made a move to get away from the place.

"You're not getting away that fast Montez. I'm still not finished with you."

"Why? Just what will you do huh? Try and enlighten me on that one," Gabriela snapped.

Ethan was silent, thinking over what he would reply. Gabriela only smirked at this.

"Why do you keep on picking on me when clearly you see that I am not fazed by all of it? I don't even as to flinch a tiny bit."

"'Cause it's fun," came the curt reply from Ethan.

"Oh boy. One should clearly expect a daft response from this brainless oaf," Gabriela said only intending for Troy to hear but it was nevertheless still heard by Ethan.

"What was that Montez?" Ethan's anger was steadily rising. "Are you saying that I'm stupid?

"Ding ding ding," Gabriela had muttered under her breath. "Never mind about it Lichtenberg. You'd pass out trying to figure it out anyway. And why do you always have to say my name? Please don't tell me you love it. If you do, I'm afraid it'll be the end of my glorious name..."

Ethan snapped. He sighted a ball near his feet and moved towards it. Without much hesitation, he kicked the ball with so much force he could muster to Gabriela's direction.

Before Gabriela's instinct could kick in to block the flying soccer ball, Troy stepped in front of her and easily caught it. It was times like these that Troy needed to thank the basketball training for his quick reflexes. Gabriela's jaw dropped in disgust while Troy had rage boiling up inside him.

"I didn't know you could sink that low Lichtenberg," Gabriela said through gritted teeth as Troy dropped the ball to the ground.

Gabriela reached for the ball with her foot and positioned it between her feet. Trapping it and jumping high caused the ball to soar high up in the air. As gravity took its toll on it, Gabriela caught it with her knees. She bounced the ball on her knees and on the third bounce, she let it soar above her not unlike the last time. With a swift turn around, Gabriela let out a hard kick. The ball, after coming in contact with her foot, was now rapidly heading in the direction of Ethan. Ethan gave out a big oof as the ball collided hard with his chest. He was flung back to the goal's net.

Both Gabriela and Troy walked towards Ethan. Gabriela was smirking while Troy was shaking his head in amusement. Not that someone being hurt was amusing per se; it was the situation and the person involved.

"Bad move," Troy mumbled. "Possibly the worst move you can make against this girl."

"I believe that was a point for me Lichtenberg." Gabriela growled down at Ethan. "Before you even think of challenging me, first bear in mind my family name."

"It's Montez, Lichtenberg, in case that fall made you lose some of the little brain cells that you have," Troy added in as Gabriela took his hand and led him away.

Ethan's teammates were approaching him warily and helped him up. Instead of thanking them, his bitter attitude surfaced and he pushed them away.

"Montez," one of the players breathed out. "Does that mean she's related to Juan Carlo Montez?"

"I never thought about that dude, but it's possible, isn't it?"

"Soccer god Juan Carlo Montez? No way!" another player piped up as they all watched Troy and Gabriela's retreating backs.
Sign up to rate and review this story