Categories > Movies > High School Musical > Crash Reality Check

Pierre du Foint

by mYkah_jade 0 reviews

Cocky cheerleaders are stunned by Gabriela by a simple cap.

Category: High School Musical - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-04 - Updated: 2007-06-05 - 1390 words

0Unrated
Pierre du Foint


The school doors opened to reveal Gabriela dressed in a vintage tee, loose faded jeans, a new pair of Chucks topped off with a black cap hiding her hair. As she moved through the early morning bustle, whispers became evident in her ears. Rolling her eyes, she trudged faster to her locker. But while doing that, a cheerleader appeared before her, stopping her from getting to her destination.

"Can I borrow your cap? I'm having a really bad hair day," the cheerleader mocked.

Gabriela smirked and took off her cap letting her black shiny hair tumble down naturally.

"Here girl, I think I got another one stashed up in my locker. Don't worry; I hear baseball caps are the trend right now. And, oh, be careful with that. It's an original Pierre du Foint creation." She winked at the cheerleader and headed off to the opposite direction.

Stealing a look back, Gabriela noticed the cheerleader staring at the cap in her hands, mouth hanging open. She openly laughed and proceeded to the locker of her best friend or to everyone else, the greatest wildcat.

As Gabriela neared his locker, she noticed him wearing a cap too. She recognized it as the one he loved so much from her collection resulting it to him stealing the star-adorned hat every chance he got.

"I'll think I'll borrow this one for the day," Gabriela said once she reached him and plucked the thing out of his head.

Troy jumped at her voice and rounded on her with a glare. Gabriela smiled sweetly back as she put on the cap.

"I didn't say you could you know," Troy icily told her as he shut his locker door.

"You wouldn't have a choice anyway. I'd still steal it...but wait, that can't be done since this thing," Gabriela pointed to the hat on her head, "is technically belonging to me with you harboring it every single day."

Troy rolled his eyes. "Fine. You got me there. Walk you to class?"

"Sure. Just as long as this stays with me and we have to stop by my locker."

"Yeah, yeah. Bask in its glow while I still haven't longed for it. Wait, don't you usually wear a hat? Where's the cap for the day?"

Gabriela giggled lightly. "I gave it to a cheerleader."

"You what?!" Troy exclaimed as he stopped in his tracks.

"She said she was having a bad hair day so I graciously gave it to her."

"What was your cap?"

"Pierre du Foint," Gabriela smiled sweetly.

At that, Troy cackled up and soon thereafter, Gabriela joined him.

"How'd she take it?" Troy asked soon after his laughter subsided.

"Let's say a swarm of fly could come buzzing in her mouth and she wouldn't notice even one bit," Gabriela said as Troy was set off again.

The hallway crowd stopped with what they were busy with as they hears the two interact. Jaws dropped and astonished faces adorned the throng of East High students. A jock was in the midst of an anti-socialite and clearly enjoying the time. It was uncalled for in the social rule book of the school. That is, if there ever was such thing.

As soon as the pair noticed that everyone was staring at them, they immediately straightened up and looked back at the whole population. Unwavering stares and raised brows countered the gazes of the other students. Never one to back down, Gabriela together with Troy unflinchingly stood their ground until the other party could not hold it anymore and went back to their original toils.

"Come on Anne, class," Troy said softly tugging on Gabriela's hand.

With hands still entwined, both journeyed towards Gabriela's locker. Spinning quickly the combinations, Gabriela opened it to get her needed books. With everything she needed in her hands, she closed her locker door and went on her way to class.

"Anne! Why do you always leave me?"

Gabriela giggled as Troy fell in stride with her. "Sorry Alex. I didn't mean it."

"You always say you didn't mean it...," Troy mumbled to himself.

But Gabriela heard it and looked up at him. "Aww...Alex, I really am sorry."

Troy rolled his eyes and drew Gabriela in for a hug. "Fallen for my drama again."

"Every time," came Gabriela's muffled reply.

Breaking apart, Troy and Gabriela continued to their homeroom. Before they could as much as enter the room though, a shrill voice met their ears.

"You will not believe what she did earlier."

Troy and Gabriela looked at each other and poked their heads by the doorway. There, at the center of the room, was a gathering of cheerleaders. They slowly slid inside the room without anyone noticing and settled themselves in a corner.

"She gave me her hat. This hat," the cheerleader from earlier held up the Gabriela's cap. "She then told me that it's an original Pierre du Foint."

"Oh my gosh!" a blonde cheerleader wearing a pink sundress exclaimed. "I saw that on the Pierre du Foint website and that's a limited edition. Only five of them have been made."

"But is it really an original? Maybe it's just an imitation?" This time a petite cheerleader spoke up.

The blonde answered again. "It should have the logo and a star next to it located at the back of the cap."

Gabriela's mocker turned the cap to the back and gasped. "It does!"

"How did that Montez girl get her hands on this one? You think she stole it?"

Gabriela saw a fleet of irritation flash in Troy's eyes and she softly tugged at his arm. He looked at her and saw her smile. A new thought occurred to him and he was sure she could see the new sparkle that his eyes held. And sure enough she raised an eyebrow at this. Troy quickly stood up and dragged Gabriela to her assigned seat.

"We need to continue with our project Gabriela," Troy loudly said pushing Gabriela to her seat and flopping on her desk.

"Troy! Get off of my desk. Germs!" Gabriela swatted his arm.

"Not until you give me back the hat Gabriela," Troy replied as the cheerleaders looked at them in disbelief.

"How did she get her hands on his hat?" one of them tried to say in a whisper but came out as a high-pitched shriek.

Troy and Gabriela resisted the urge to break out in laughter.

"Why would I want to give it to you?"

"Just give it Montez."

"No. It's mine so I'll keep it. I bought it. It's mine."

"Technically, you didn't really buy it. The manger gave it to you."

"If you didn't knock over her precious vase, you would have gotten one too and not take interest in this."

Troy smirked. "But it still stays with me day and night."

"That's because you steal it from my closet every chance you get. Shut it Bolton."

By now, it was not only the cheerleaders who were shocked but also the rest of the students in their class. The hat that trademarked the wildcat superstar's look belonged to decathlon nerd? And most importantly, basketball star knew where resident tomboy lived?

"Mr Bolton. What, may I ask, are you doing on Ms Montez's desk?"

Troy turned to see Ms Darbus standing by her table in the front center of the room frowning at him.

"Ms Montez and I were just discussing our project Ms Darbus."

"That isn't exactly half the answer I expected Mr Bolton."

"Right," Troy coughed. "You see Ms Darbus...um...uh..."

Ms Darbus lowered her glasses as Gabriela stifled a giggle beside him. "I'm waiting Mr Bolton."

Troy sighed. "Ms Darbus, there's no other explanation for this scenario except that I just like sitting on Gabriela's desk."

Gabriela smacked Troy in the arm as she heard his words.

"Ow woman!" Troy howled. "What was that for?"

"Imprudente*," Gabriela hissed at him.

Ms Darbus was close to rolling her eyes but contained herself.

"Enough. Mr Bolton, go back to your seat. Ms Montez, please do not use physical violence again while you're in my class. Consider yourselves lucky as I am being nice today and will not give you any detentions." She turned to the rest of the class and bellowed "Sit down. Now!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*imprudente (Sp.) - imprudent
Sign up to rate and review this story