Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Complications

So Long and Goodnight

by 3Cheers4Sw33tRevenge 5 reviews

Please read it

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-06-07 - Updated: 2007-06-07 - 1079 words

0Unrated
Mikey's P.O.V

'Night Mikey' Gerard says sleepily as he comes to check on me. 'Night Gee' I say to him sweetly. 'And I'm sorry!' I call out to him as he leaves. He turns around and looks at me confused. 'About what?' he asks. 'About the drugs, about hurting you about everything I've done' I confess to him. A sweet sleepy smile forms on his face, tears welling in his eyes.'Mikey I love you, always have always will no matter what' he says rushing in to hug me. 'I love you' he whispers into my ear.

It's funny how four words can cause so much pain. 'I love you too Gee' I say as we pull apart. A single tear dribbles down his cheek and I automatically feel one hundred percent worse about the pain I've put him through. 'Goodnight' he says again leaving my room, leaving me alone.

Whatever happiness I had before had completely vanished.

I hate my life, I do drugs, my grades are slipping, I'm too weak and I'm continuously beaten up for it. I make everybody else's life a misery because their constantly having to watch over me.

I can't stand this anymore. This needs to end.

Now.

I scramble for a piece of paper, struggling to think of what to write I just put down the truth and my feelings:

Hey Everyone,

Firstly I want you all to swear to yourselves you will not blame this act on yourselves-it was my decision and nobody influenced me to do so.

I've been very unhappy for a long time now and this way I can be happy and make you guys happier too- you won't have to look after me anymore.

Mum and Dad, you guys raised me, fed me, taught me and helped me through my life. You have no idea how grateful I am even though I fought, talked back and threatened to run away. Just know that I never truly meant it and that you guys are the best damn parents a boy could ask for.

Ryan and Kailah, what can I say you guys have been my best friends since only god knows when. I remember the first time I met you Kailah, we were five and some guys had stolen my glasses and you kicked their asses and got them back for me- I never forgot that. Ryan you got me into some of the best music around- you guys are the best I swear.

Ashley or as I should be calling you Ashes. I know we left things really awkward between us but I hope you find someone out there that will love you and you will love in return. You are such an amazing person and Cameron doesn't know how lucky he is to have a big sister like you.

Frankie boy. Your like a second brother to me. You taught me never to eat too many skittles- I'm kidding of course. You got me into Batman (and no matter how much Gerard denies it you got him into it too). I want you to keep all my Batman shit...I know you will love them more than I ever did.

Chelsea or as we nicknamed you Chezza. You were the first girl I ever had a crush on and thanks to you Gerard has plenty of embarrassing stories to tell....Chelsea you are an inspiration and I thank you for that. You're such a positive person and never change it no matter what!

Cameron. When I first met you as weird as this sounds I knew we would hit it off right away. And I was right you've become one of my closest and best friends who would stand by me and I could tell you all my secrets. I wish you and Chelsea a fantastic future together.

And lastly Gerard. I remember when we were little kids and we used to run around the backyard playing superheroes until mum made us come inside. Gerard you are one of the most amazing people in the world. You are an amazing artist and despite what you think an amazing singer I've ever heard. You got me into comics, horror movies, Iron Maiden, Misfits....anything that I like you probably got me into it. I love you so much and you are the best big brother and friend I could ever ask for. I am so proud of you and thankyou for standing by me in the worst times of my life.

I love you all, now and forever.

Mikey Way.


I'm choking back tears as I fold this up and leave it on my nightstand.

I make sure Gerard's in his room. His light is still on but he's fallen asleep reading an old copy of Hell Boy. I smile as this is the last time I'll ever see him. I take the comic out of his hands and gently brush his raven black hair out of his face. I smile sadly as I give him a kiss on the forehead. This is my way of saying goodbye. I turn off his light and creep out of his room. The last thing I need right now is for him to wake up.

I quickly go into the bathroom. I don't bother locking the door. I hurry over to the cupboard; I want to get this over with before mum and dad come home. I find a half empty bottle of pills. I sigh with relief. Thank god mum didn't throw out Gerard's old anti-depressants. I open the bottle, I remember watching Gerard having to take these everyday. I grab a glass of water and sit down on the floor.

One after another I swallow them; taking sips of water in between. I continue this until there's only a few pills are left. I put the pills back and I stagger into my room and sprawl out onto the bed.

It's over, my life is finally over.

I concentrate on all the good memories I have of my life. I'm going to leave happy. My breathing becomes heavier now and I let a smile play on my lips.

It won't be long now.

Slowly my breathing keeps getting slower and slower. I feel a lot fainter and I can barely keep my eyes open. 'I'm sorry I let you down Gee' I say, my last words.

And finally it happens.

Everything fades to black.
Sign up to rate and review this story