Categories > Original > Fantasy > Virtual Reality

Mother Nature

by darks00 1 review

Doesn't it suck when your plans backfire on you? Josh, Sky and Kalvin are about to find that out...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy - Published: 2007-06-08 - Updated: 2007-06-09 - 2857 words - Complete

1Exciting
Please, please forgive me
But I won't be home again
Maybe someday you'll look up
And barely conscious, you'll say to no one-
Isn't something missing?

"Missing" By Evanescence

___________________________________________________________

A girl watched the three Chosen Children. Her arms were crossed beneath her chest, and stayed hidden in the shadows. All you could see was some of her straight black bangs of her hair and her dark, red lipstick-filled lips, which were smirking.

It was time.

Josh woke up with a rude awakening, thanks to Sky shaking him when he was dreaming.

"Get up, City Boy!" She demanded while laughing.

Josh moaned. Knowing he couldn't win against Sky, he got up. Kalvin had caught some fish that Josh cooked for everyone. Everyone began to eat, but frozed before it could reach their lips. In front of them, was a girl.

She had long, straight black hair with the most beautiful dark blue eyes you could ever imagine. She wore black eye shadow, and the darkest shade of red lipstick. She wore a long, black skirt with a sleeveless black top. The girl also wore black gloves with no figure holes that reached her elbows with a long black cape that she could trip on if she wasn't careful. She wore long dark black boots. Talk about goth.

"Who are you?" Josh asked the mysterious stranger.

She did her famous smirk.

"Erm, guys, her smirk is creeping me out," whispered Kalvin.

"People call me Myst," she said in a deep voice. "Don't forget it."

"What do you want?" Sky asked.

"Ah, Sky," said Myst, walking closer to her, "holder of wind. Always had a bad temper, huh?"

"How do you know about me?" Sky asked.

Myst laughed. "You Chosen Children is all what the Bloodhounds talk about."

"You know the Bloodhounds?" Kalvin asked.

"Know them?" Myst laughed, "I'm the leader of them."

Myst took off her glove to reveal a black watch.

"The holder of the element Darkness..." Whispered Kalvin. "Guys, we better run. There's no way we can beat Darkness without all the other elements."

"No," Josh said, stubbournly, "I never run, and never will. Call on Chinook and Holocaust."

"...Are you sure that's a good idea, Josh?" Kalvin asked. "I mean, Holocaust..."

"Do it!" Demanded Josh.

Sky and Kalvin exchanged glances, shrugged, then put the hands on their watches, and chanted,

"Holocaust, holder of the element pyro, come forth and reveal to me your true form!"

"Chinook, holder of the element wind, come forth and reveal to me your true form!"

And soon a beautiful phoenix and a dragon appeared. But Myst wasn't scared. She just smirked. The wind played with her hair. She was calm as can be. She didn't even call on her own element. She just stood there.

Something was wrong. Sky sensed it.

"Kalvin, call back Holocaust," she said, breathing heavily.

"Why?" Kalvin asked.

But Sky couldn't answer. Holocaust turned to Sky. Sky was frozen in fear, as Kalvin's words echoed in her ears:

"Sorry 'bout that. Holocaust doesn't like strangers."

Sky was scared. She couldn't move, couldn't do anything. She just closed her eyes, frozen in fear.

"Sky, watch out!" Screamed Josh.

To Kalvin, it was all slow motion. Holocaust blowing fire at Sky. Josh screaming. His screaming caught in his throat. Josh pushing Sky out of the way. And then, the worst happened. Josh made the greatest sacrafice. In order to save Sky, He had to get hurt himself. Sky fell to the ground with a "thump"." Holocaust's attack, which was meant for Sky hit Josh. Josh and Sky screamed. Josh, in pain, Sky for Josh. Then, it was like everyting was normal speed again.

Myst couldn't stop laughing as Sky and Kalvin called back their element partners. Sky ran up to Josh. "Josh, Josh, wake up, please!"

Josh's head was on Sky's lap, and Sky was tapping his cheek with her palm, not hard, but not light, either, trying to wake him up. Josh had brown marks all across his body from the flame he took for Sky. Some of his skin was peeling off. It didn't look good.

Myst kept on laughing, as she walked away. "You did enough damage for me. Thanks for saving me the trouble."

It was like she knew that was going to happen, though Kalvin. Then, his eyes fell back to Sky and Josh. Sky was crying. Kalvin didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to say.

"His presense..." Said Sky, "I...I can't feel it. It's very weak. We need to get him to the hospital...But there's none near for at least an hour..."

"Sky...He won't make it, he's going to die..." Kalvin said slowly like talking to a little child.

Sky turned her head and made her eyes into daggers towards Kalvin, "You bastard! This is all your and Holocaust's fault!"



Sky gently layed Josh back to the ground, walked up to Kalvin , with determanation, fear, and anger in her eyes. She was breathing heavily, sweating. She balled her hand in a fist, then punched him. Kalvin fell to the floor. He closed his eyes for a moment, feeling a bruise coming on his cheek. He tried to accept the fact that his friend just hit him.

Kalvin got up, and brushed himself off, then muttered under his breath, "I guess I deserve that."

"Yeah. You do!"

"Look, I heard this "myth"..."

"Myth? What does that have to do with Josh?"

"He's the element holder of nature. I don't know his name but he lives in a little village called "Moonlight Bay". Apparently, no one knows his name, but he is a master healer. Moonlight Bay is about fifteen minutes away!"

Sky would have kissed Kalvin with happiness if this incident wasn't his fault. Sky ran to Josh.

"What are you waiting for?!" Asked an annoyed Sky. "Help me!"

Kalvin, scared to piss off the girl even more, squirted by Josh. "Put him on my back, I'll carrying him there."

Sky obeyed, put Josh on Kalvin's back, and they were off.

It's funny, Sky thought. When someone is at Death's door, you realize how much that person means to you. She saw Josh in a totally new way now. It's true- you don't realize what you have till it's gone.

She shook her head. No, Josh won't be. He can't. She never had a real friend intill Josh. Maybe even more?
When the three friends- two being conscious, one unconcious- reached Moonlight Bay, Kalvin was out of breath, dropped the unconscious Josh on the dirty ground.

"MAN!" Kalvin said, panting, "he's heavier than he looks."

Sky ignored his comment, as she picked up Josh bridal style. To Kalvin, this looked hilarious, but he didn't dare say a word.

Moonlight Bay was beautiful. It wasn't that big, but what's that small, either. It looked very old fasioned with no sidewalks or roads.

"So where is this "no-named" healer?" Sky asked, panting from Josh's weight.

"Follow me. If my memory doesn't deseive me, the myth said that it was near a big garden..." Kalvin muttered quietly.

Sooner or later, they did find the garden. It was a beautiful. The only place in Moonlight Bay that had grass. It was filled with pretty flowers and trees. The house there was small, probley as small as a shed. The wind played with the three friends hair as they walked up to the door.

Moisting her lips, Sky knocked on the door. "Someone be home, someone PLEASE be home..."

Right on cue, the door slowly opened itself. It creaked to life. The house wasn't much bigger then it looked from the outside. Simple wooden flooring and plain white walls, with about three rooms. When you walked in, you were in the kitchen. The stove and washing machine looked anchient, and by the looks of the house, Kalvin and Sky had doubts about the name-less healer's abilities.

"Hello?" Kalvin cried out like a child who got seperated from his mother, "anyone here?"

The wind slammed the door shut, causing Kalvin and Sky to jump.

"Man," Kalvin said laughing, "you're the element holder of wind and you're scared of it?"

"You're lucky that I'm holding Josh," Sky began warning him, "or I would beat the living crap out of you."

Sky did the famous blue eye piercing stare. It worked. Kalvin shut up.

"Hello?" Sky tried again. "Please, we need help..."

Then, they heard footsteps. In the shadows, they heard a voice- obviously male- saying, "don't you know it's wrong to invite yourself into someone else's house?"

The boy walked from out of the shadows. He was an average weight and height boy, with blond hair and emerald eyes. His lips were cracked, and his eyes were flames. He wore a black outfit, his pants filled with zippers, with a long black cape. He was a pale boy, and wore a necklace. The necklace was a circle made out of metal, and glistened in the sun.

"I'm terriblely sorry," apologized Sky, who nodded towards the unconscious Josh still in her hands, "but I heard you're a great healer, and my-I mean, our- friend has been seriously hurt. Could you please help him?"

"Hmph," sighed the boy, "why should I after you broke into my house?"

Kalvin gulped. He hated the attitude this boy was given him. But, in the corner of his eye, he saw something green on the boy's watch- it was a green Chosen Child watch. Kalvin flicked his wrist in the air, showing off his red Chosen Child watch.

"Please," he added.

The boy opened his mouth a bit, not knowing what to say, then studied Josh and Sky's wrists. "You guys are the Chosen Children...Rain, wind and pyro, correct?"

"There's not going to be the Chosen Child of rain if we don't do anything!" Kalvin cried out, running out of patience.

Death doesn't have patience either, and won't wait...

The boy licked his very chapped lips. "We have no time to lose. Follow me."

As the boy turned around, his cape did a 180, almost wacking Sky and Josh. They walked into a dark room till the boy turned on the light switch. It was a cement room, dark and cold. There was a bed in the middle. On the sides were brown cabinets, full of what looked like medicine. He could have built his own pharmacy if he wanted.

The boy nodded towards the bed. "Put the boy on there."

Sky obeyed, happy to get the dead weight off of her.

The boy looked at Josh like a tiger would do to his prey. "What happened?"

Kalvin blushed. "My pyro element spirit, Holocaust, attacked him..."
The boy studdied Kalvin for a bit, deciding to believe him or not.

He shook his head, then sighed. "If this is teamwork, I wonder what your enemy is..."

The boy took Josh's hand in his, then put two fingers on Josh's wrist. "He doesn't have long..."

The boy studdied Josh a little longer, before sighing once again. "I'm sorry, but I have no other choice..."

"...What do you mean?" Kalvin asked.

The boy looked at Kalvin, then Sky, then back to Josh. "I am the Chosen Child, element of nature. I have the power to heal others."

"Why are you making it sound like a bad thing?" Sky asked him with curiousity in her voice.

The boy pointed to his circle-metal-necklace. "This has the power to heal people. But-in order for it to work, someone has to give up something VERY important to them."

The blond looked at Sky and Kalvin. "What are your names?"

"I'm Kalvin, she's Sky," Kalvin said, pointing to himself then Sky.

"Kalvin, give me your hand," the blond ordered.

"Woah, buddy, I'm straight," Kalvin said quickly.

The blond rolled his eyes. "I'm straight, buddy. I need to feel your presense, to see if you have something important enough to sacrafice to be able to heal your friend- what's his name?"

"Josh," Sky told him.

"To heal your friend Josh," the blond finished.

Kalvin gave him his hands, not knowing how it will help. The boy took them into his owns, then closed his eyes.

"Damn-it," swore the blond, "You and Josh aren't that close. You won't work, you won't be able to sacrafice anythin to save him."

Sky went up to the boy, her hands out. "Try me."

The blond took the other blonde's hands into his own, then closed his eyes. Then, he smiled.

"You like Josh, don't you?" He asked, smirking.

Sky blushed. "N-no..."

The blond finally smiled for the first time they met him. "Liar. Listen, if you want to save him, only you can,"

"How?" Sky asked.

The boy sighed again, turning around to face Josh. "Emotions seem to be very important to you. If you sacrafice every emotion- every good feeling- Josh will be saved. Will you sacrafice your own happiness for his life?"

"There's no other way?" Kalvin asked for Sky.

The boy shooked his head. "I'm sorry. I wish I could heal him, but only my necklace can, and that's with a sacrafice from someone close to him."

"Sky, this is crazy," Kalvin tried to reason, "I mean, isn't this over dramatic? ALL your feelings?"

But Sky ignored Kalvin, then turned to the blond, with determaination in her eyes. "I'll do it."

The boy put his hands behind his neck, and unhooked his necklace. He placed it on Josh's chest, right where his heart was.

"Before I do this," Sky began, "please, do not tell Josh..."

"Why not?" Kalvin asked, while him and the boy raised an eyebrow.

"He will think it's his fault. That should be ME in that bed, not him. He got hurt for me. So, whatever happens, don't tell him."

"Ok." Said Kalvin and the boy.

"Are you ready?" The blond asked Sky.

Sky let out a big breath of fresh air out- "as ready as I ever will be."

The blond guided Sky to Josh.

"Put your hand on my necklace," he ordered.

Sky obeyed.

Then the boy continued to instruct, "now repeat after me- "I call on the power of nature-."

"-I call on the power of nature-," repeated Sky.

"-Come to my aid-."

"-Come to my aid-."

"-Please accept my sacrfice-."

"-Please accept my sacrifice-."

"-Nature!-."

"-Nature!-."

Sky screamed as a light beam hit Josh and her. Sky couldn't explain what was happening to her. There was no way to describe it, besides pain. It felt as someone through her into the coldest lake there was, then stabbed her with a thousand lives. Sky closed her eyes in fear, but could still see the light. Before she knew it, she moaned, opened her eyes again. It was over.

Sky saw the world in a new way. It was like everything was black. Everything lost their colour, everything was dull. Bags were now under Sky's beautiful days, and she looked dead inside.

There was another moan, ecsept this time it was from Josh's lips. The bruises and peeled skin dissapeared like magic. Kalvin wouldn't believe it if he didn't see it with his own eyes. He stirred a bit, then woke up.

"Good to see you back, Buddy," said Kalvin, smirking.

"Where am I?" Josh asked, holding his head in his hands.

"You're at my house," explained the blond haired boy.

He took the circle metal necklace off of Josh's chest, and hooked it back to his neck.

"What the hell am I doing here?" Josh asked.

Kalvin gave out a nearvous laughter. "I'm sorry, but Holocaust attacked you, you took it for Sky and got hurt, so we brought you here and asked him to save you..."

Sky. Was she okay, Josh thought in his head. He was right beside the blond haired boy.

"Sky?"

Sky didn't reply.

"Sky?" He tried again.

"Come on. Let's get moving," she said, almost sounding like a robot.

"What's with her?" Josh asked Kalvin in a whisper.

Kalvin, remembering his promise, said to Josh, "nothing. Nothing at all."

Kalvin looked at the blond haired boy. "You. Nature boy. You're coming with us."

"Why?" Josh asked, not knowing what was going on.

"He's the Chosen Child of nature. He's going to help us." Kalvin explained, then looked at the blond boy again. "What's your name?"

The boy closed his eyes, then smirked. "None of importance."

Josh and Kalvin frowned.
"Then what do we call you?" Josh asked.

The boy shrugged. This was getting on Josh's and Kalvin's nearves.

"You look like a "Jake" to me," said Kalvin, "so we'll call you Jake."

"Jake" shrugged his shoulders. "Sure."

Josh sighed. Wow, this guy was totally different.

Then, he looked at Sky's eyes. Why weren't they bright and full of life anymore? What was wrong with her? He'd have to talk to her again later.

_____________________________________________________________

I, I've been waiting for someone like you
But now you are slipping away
What have you done now?
Why, Why does fate make us suffer
There's a curse between us
Between me and you

"What Have You Done Now" By Within Temptation featuring Keith
Sign up to rate and review this story