Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Say Anything

Looking Up In Various Ways

by musicaldreamer 1 review

Jenna is still stressed and upset, but she starts to become optimistic about life without her best friend.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-06-14 - Updated: 2007-06-15 - 614 words

0Unrated
I eventually fell asleep, stressed and upset. I began to think, 'What am I going to do about the funeral?', which immediately caused me to burst into tears. It was so much to deal with in so little time. Patrick made me sit up in bed and he did too, and with that, he wrapped his arms around me.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" he asked.

"I was thinking about her funeral, and I immediately bawled my eyes out."

"I understand, but you have to take one step at a time, alright?"

I nodded.

"You know, I can always count on you to help me feel
better." I said kissing him on the lips.

"Thanks. I'm glad I can be of service."

We fell back asleep with me feeling better about all that's going to happen in the next two weeks. I woke up refreshed and realized how that today was going to be a long, agonizing day. I know that I can get through it. I jumped in the shower, before dressing and eating my breakfast of Fruit Loops, orange juice and a multi-vitamin. Walking out of the kitchen, I bumped into Trick.

"Sorry Jenny." he said.

"It's okay. You know how much of a klutz I am. I didn't look where I was going." I said laughing.

"Yep, one thing that I love about you."

"Hey! I take offense to that." I said laughing.

"Sure, you do."

I pouted.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too." I said defeated.

"So, do you have a lot to do today?"

"Yes, but I'll get through it, very slowly, though."
I said frustated.

"I can help if you need any."

"Doubt I will, but thanks. I appreciate it."

"Ok, I'll be in the den, working on music, if you need me."

"Alright, thank you so much!"

We kissed for a few seconds before pulling away for me to make some calls and get plane tickets to Pittsburgh. I took a deep breath and called the funeral home, who held another best friend's funeral when I was 15. The thought brought a tear to my eyes and caused me to shake a little. I felt bad that I didn't go to her funeral, my mom did. I was the one who should've gone. I was her bestest friend and I wasn't there. It was so hard for me at the time. I couldn't bear to see her young body in a casket; it just felt wrong. She didn't deserve to die from leukemia, but who really deserves it, if they have cancer, though. After I called them, I called her family, who were, if not as upset, more upset than me. We loved her dearly and to see her leave the world like this, this fast scared us terribly. When I finished every call, which were about five, I had to take a break to grab a water because I was going to break down again if I didn't. I had to finish all I had to do before doing that because I knew that it was going to happen again. Getting tickets was hard, but I did that and collapsed on the couch. We would be staying at my parents' house. I didn't want them to meet him under these circumstances. Not too soon after, Patrick came in.

"Did you finish?" he asked.

"Yeah and now I just want to lay here."

"May I lay here with you?"

"Of course."

He laid down with me and we watched tv together. I was beginning to feel better in various ways, and that was a good sign, considering all that's going to happen and has already happened.


Sign up to rate and review this story