Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Say Anything

When Is Life Going To Get Better?

by musicaldreamer 0 reviews

Jenna and Patrick head off to Pennsylvania for two major events.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-11 - Updated: 2007-07-12 - 1098 words

0Unrated
Patrick;s POV

Jenna has been so stressed lately that I almost don't know what to do. Hopefully she'll get better after the funeral back in her hometown.
I couldn't imagine losing one of my friends. Another thing that she has to deal with; actually the both of us, is the meeting with her parents. I hope that goes well because if it doesn't, I think something bad is going to happen. I'm nervous about this because I have barely any idea how her parents are, but it'll probably turn out good. Tomorrow we're heading out to Pennsylvania on a plane. Thank goodness, she isn't afraid of flying or I would have a lot more to help her with. Not that I don't like helping her, I do, but there is a lot going on.

Jenna's POV

I feel so many emotions today that I can't count or breathe. Tomorrow's the day we're leaving and I have to speak at the funeral, and
I need to introduce Patrick to my parents. Oh boy. At least, I know that I can do this. Yesterday, I did so much that it made me completely and utterly exhausted. It was good to have the comfort of my boyfriend, though. He helps me whenever I need it and more. I am very thankful for his presence around me because he is a saint in my eyes. I don't know why any girl wouldn't want him as hers. They lucked out, so haha to them. My god, that was so freaking immature, but I truly don't give a hoot right now. Sitting here waiting with him is calming, but crazy at the same exact time. I don't think anyone understands how I'm feeling, besides Trick.

"Jenny, do you know what time we're leaving tomorrow?" he asks me.

"We have to leave at 8 in the morning." I say while rubbing my eyes.

He kissed me on the cheek while I rested my head on his shoulder. Breathe in, breathe out. I told myself. The day slowly went by and I went to bed, trying to succeed in sleeping.
The next morning, I heard the alarm. It was 6:30 and Trick was already awake. I almost put my head back down and fell asleep, but I sat up and jumped out of bad, walking to the bathroom for a hot, relaxing shower. After showering and dressing, I went downstairs to see Trick making breakfast. I smiled. At least something joyful was happening today.

"Hey babe. How did you sleep?" he asked as I sat down.

"Ok. I guess, but at least I can sleep on the plane."

He smiled and served me breakfast. I kissed him on the lips, although we had morning breath.

"Thanks for the breakfast. I love it."

"Your welcome. I figured it would be best for you to have the least amount of stress as possible."

"Aww..you're such a sweetheart."

I finished breakfast and he quickly washed dishes. We finished getting ready and grabbed our belongings and left. On the plane, I immediately fell asleep. A few hours later, we got off the plane, found our luggage and our rental car and drove to my home. I decided to drive myself, since it was my hometown. He argued, but finally gave up after a few seconds. I knocked on the door and my mom answered. She was happy to see me, but was upset at the same time.

"Hey mom, this is Patrick." I said.

"Hey, nice to meet you ." she said to him.

"Nice to meet you too." he sweetly answered.

I smiled. We talked for a while before we went to my room.

"So, how do you like my mom and my home?"

"Your mom is wonderful and I love your home."

I kissed him deeply on the lips amd before I knew it, we were making out. Later on, he met my dad and they seemed to like each other. I was glad all went well with my parents. Just one more thing, the funeral. I wore my usual eye makeup, but I knew that I was going to ruin it by crying. It's going to be sobbing by the time we reach the church though. Soon, we got there and I was shaking. How was I supposed to speak? I wasn't a good public speaker, but I knew Alicia would want me to do this. We sat down in the first row, where I saw some family and our friends, Athena, Thomas and Kurt. They were bawling already.
We sat next to them. They looked up and we all hugged each other. They were curious about my boyfriend because it was obvious to who it was.

"Patrick, I'd like you to meet my friends."

Then, they were introduced, only minutes until the service started.

"Today, we're hear to say goodbye, to Alicia. She was a misunderstood person, but was truly a great person. I am sad to see her go." the preacher said.

A half hour later and it was my turn to speak. I looked at Trick and he squeezed my hand. I walked up shaking. I didn't know how I could do this because I was a horrible public speaker. A took a breath and began to speak.

"Alicia was one of the greatest people to come into
my life. It was great to have somewhere as weird as me, maybe weirder. Although she was odd, she was a good person and was a good person. She was too misunderstood and I couldn't believe that. She also had great taste music and that made me happy. Music was a release and entertainment for her and me as all. I don't want to say goodbye because she should've died yet. She was too young, but, unfortunately, the time is here.
Thank you."

I was shaking the whole time, even when I was speaking. I walked down and sat down next to my friends and Trick. Minutes later, we got to see her before going to her burial and at the burial also. I was miserable and bawling, like everyone else.

"Goodbye Alicia. I'll n-never forget you."

Patrick held my hand and rubbed my shoulders almost the entire time. Once I said goodbye, we walked to the car where I fell apart, sobbing. Without Patrick, I would've done something drastic and he can't deal with anymore.

"Jenna, I'm so proud of you for talking in front of everyone today."

"I couldn't have done it without you."

I hugged him and we kissed before heading to my home.

Sign up to rate and review this story