Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Complications

Birthdays, Rings and Poems

by 3Cheers4Sw33tRevenge 0 reviews

Please read it

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-06-14 - Updated: 2007-06-15 - 1125 words

0Unrated
'Gerard! Come on honey you'll be late for the party!' Mum yells, banging on my door. I hastily slip the paper into an envelope and put it into my leather jacket's pocket. 'Yeah just give me a second mum!' I yell out to her. I quickly hop over to my mirror to catch a quick glimpse of my reflection. I mess up my hair a little more. 'Gerard!' I hear Mikey yell through my door. I sigh 'I'm coming!' I yell to him. I grab my jacket and head towards the living room.

Mikey's in there, tapping his Misfits shoes impatiently. 'About time! I thought you died in there!' Mikey jokes. I feel a bit uneasy about it. It wasn't that long ago that Mikey had actually almost died in his bedroom. I roll my eyes and pretend the joke doesn't bother me. 'Alright lets go I don't wanna be late' I say to Mikey. He nods and slips on his oversized black hoodie- come to think of it that used to be MY oversized black hoodie. 'Bye mum!' we call out in unison. 'Bye boys be good...and if Ms Kingston says you can sleep over Gerard call me' mum shouts from the kitchen.

'So what did you end up buying Ash?' Mikey asks me. He's been dying to know since I bought it this morning. 'Never you mind' I tell him. He has a bit of a sulk until I put on his favourite Iron Maiden song. As the song ends (for the fifth time) we pull up to Ashley's house.

Now the nerves are starting to kick in.

'Ready to go in?' Mikey asks me, oblivious to the expression on my face. Or maybe he can't see because it's dark outside. 'Yeah' I say a nervous smile plastered on my face. 'Then lets go' Mikey says, opening the car door. I do the same.

This will be one night Ashley will never forget.

Ashley's P.O.V

'Ashes you look fine' Frank sighs. I pull nervously on the T-shirt Gerard made me for Christmas. 'I'm not worried about that' I tell him. Homemade t-shirt, ripped jeans, straightened hair, a heap of eyeliner and my (new) Green Day shoes. I'm fine with my appearance. 'Then what are you nervous-' he gets cut off by the doorbell ringing. 'I'll get it!' Cameron yells from the kitchen. I await nervously as he goes to answer the door. 'Hey Mikes!' my brother yells. My heart beat becomes incredibly fast.

I know Gerard's here.

He comes into view. Tight black pants, black shirt and his new leather jacket. His hair is incredibly messy but it looks incredibly sexy. 'Happy Birthday Sugar!' he yells at me, pulling me into a hug. He still smells of cigarettes and coffee. 'Thanks Gerard'. Thanks for reverting back into the Gerard I know- the one who isn't awkward around me because I made a mistake. 'Okay hone I'm go- What on earth is on your shoulder!' mum shouts at me. I wince 'It's a tattoo' I reply cockily. Mum's eyes widen 'When did you get that done?' she queries. I smile nervously 'Um about two, three months ago' I wait for more yelling. Instead she sighs 'It's you body you can do what you want with it' she tells me. Now it's my turn to be shocked.

Who are you and what have you done with my mum?

'Alright I'm going Frank and Gerard can sleep over and Mikey's staying over to keep Cameron company...don't blow up the house' she jokes, giving Cameron and I kisses on the forehead. 'Mum!' Cameron and I yell and I see Gerard laugh. I feel myself going red. 'Okay see you guys later' mum says before leaving.

I'm then left with Frank and Gerard.

'My mum said I can stay over tonight' Gerard informs Frank and I as he comes back from the kitchen. 'Cool' I say, putting more skittles in my mouth. Though the idea of him staying over scares the shit out of me. 'I'm going to the loo' Frank says all of a sudden. He leaves me alone with Gerard.

Some friend he is.

Gerard's fumbling for something in his jacket pocket. He pulls out an envelope and a small package. 'Happy Birthday' he says softly, handing me the envelope and package. 'Thanks Gee' I say gratefully, opening the envelope. It's a handmade card with a picture of a black rose on it saying Ashes. I open the card and read:

Ashes,
You might think you're nothing special
But if you could only see
You mean the world, everything
Everything to me
I want to hold you close, keep you near
Make sure that you never fear
Never again
Ashes
You might think you're nothing special
But if you could only see
That all I want is you
You to always be with me
And if you could ignore my crappy poetry
I'll show you all that we could be
Will you go out with me?
And I will love you for as long as we're together
And I mean this Ashes
I mean this forever

'Gerard' I start, but I don't continue. I'm speechless. 'Open the package' he whispers to me. I nod and start to unwrap the silver paper. Inside is a small silver ring. It has something inscribed on it so I pick it up to read:

"I love you, then, now, forever"

I can feel my eyes start to fill with tears. He likes me- not just like me he says he loves me.

He loves me.

'So?' he says nervously. I look up at him. 'Yes!' I scream to him, the biggest grin spreads across his face. I get up and plant a kiss on his lips. I've been waiting to do this for weeks. I feel his tongue pressing on my lips so I part them a little and let his tongue slide in. I feel his hands rest on my back. I run my fingers through is hair and he lest out a small moan. 'Oh god!' we hear Frank yell. We both spring apart to find Frank pretending to shield his eyes. 'Get a room!' I hear him joke. 'I'm kidding and now I can finally say it...you guys look so cute together!' he coos. Gerard and I exchange looks. 'Number one rule in our relationship' he starts.

'Never say we look cute together' he tells me. I nod and start laughing as I watch Gerard run around trying to kill Frank.

Now I can finally say it.

God how I love my boyfriend.
Sign up to rate and review this story