Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Lantrisi

Death From Above

by JohnDeath 8 reviews

The Second War is about to begin, with Voldemort gaining power, and the Ministry denying his return. Ron&Hermione are looked as the ones to destroy HIM, but no one saw the return of the Savior they...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Characters: Harry, Hermione - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-06-17 - Updated: 2007-06-17 - 2963 words

5Original
Well, here is a new chapter at last. Sorry it took so long, had a lot to do, and this wasn't an easy thing to write.
Chapter 15: Death from above



Several days had passed since the two Lantrisi decided to visit Hogwarts, and the school was still talking about it.

Now, however, the Ministry decided it didn't want to be left out of the loop, and the new minister, Rufus Scrimgeour, with his full entourage arrived at Hogwarts, intent to question both Dumbledore and Harry.

"Now, Dumbledore, please explain who those two people were, and why did you let such dangerous creatures in..." The minister's words were cut short when Harry grabbed him by the throat and held him up.

"Never insult them in my presence, minister, or I will kill you." Harry growled.

"That's enough, Harry. There is no reason for hostility." Dumbledore looked sternly at him.

"Very well, headmaster. Let me answer your questions minister. Those two are the most important people in the Lantrisian Empire, and one does not simply bar them entry anywhere. Both of them can defeat the entire ministry with ease by themselves. Hell, Lord Lanus can kill without even moving." Harry told the stunned crowd.

"How can he do that, Harry?" Dumbledore asked in surprise.

"He has achieved the third level of evolution. This stage grants very strong telekinetic abilities. Remember how he slammed Sophia in the ceiling? That's just a fraction of his power. Moving things around is just one of the things he can do. I've seen him crush bones to dust, tear out limbs, squeeze you dry like a ripe orange, I even saw him strip a man's flesh from his bones once." Harry's reply nearly caused most people to faint.

"My god, there are such beings out there?" The minister said weakly.

"Over ten billion of them, actually, although none of them as advanced. But, then again, it's only a matter of time." Harry grinned evilly.

"Merlin's beard, this is most troubling. What if they attack? We'll be crushed." One of the minister's aide whimpered.

"Well, right now, their forces are quite busy fighting a war, so you have nothing to worry about. Besides, this planet is of no major interest to them." This was true, in part, at least. Lord Lanus would do anything to conquer Earth, but he wanted the one in his own universe, and the billions of new members he would get with the assimilation of the Sol system.

"But what if they change their minds? I mean, what can we do?" An Auror asked in panic.

"If they attack? Nothing. The ships possess cloaking technology that can't be pierced by anything on this planet, and they are capable of attacking from orbit. Even a single ship can turn this world in a burning wasteland. But, you don't have to worry about that. This is my home, and since I'm a close friend to Lord Lanus, he has agreed not to threaten it in any way." Harry's voice sounded quite reassuring, and everyone visibly calmed.

"That's good to hear. It's good to hear we have such allies in this war." The minister sighed.

"The only reason they are helping is because I am involved. And no, I will not permit you to have any of the weapons." Harry said firmly.

"What? I haven't even said anything about it." The minister stared in shock.

"You were going to, eventually. I'm sorry, but you can't have them. You will try to disassemble them, which won't do you any good, since these are not magical weapons, and you don't have the means to power them. Plus, these weapons are designed to self-destruct if anyone tries to tamper with them." Harry replied smugly.

"I see. Alright, boy, I'll let the issue drop. Now, what are you going to do about the war? It has been stagnating in the last few months, and we fear that new attacks will start soon." The minister changed the topic.

"Well minister, I can't go into any details, but I can assure you, the Death Eaters will find themselves with a significant drop in members within a few days. From what I know of their ranks, I expect that about half to two-thirds of their forces will be crushed in the attack." Harry told the now openly gaping men in various states of shock.

"And how many men will you lose on your side? Even with those weapons of yours, you'll still have some casualties." The minister fished for more details, but his tone showed he didn't want people to die if there was no need.

"None whatsoever. We'll be using our secret weapon for this. I assure you, they won't know what hit them." Harry smirked.

"I see. Well then, Mr. Potter, it was a pleasure talking to you, and I hope your attack is successful. And should your two friends show up again, please tell them how grateful we are for their aid." The minister shook hands with him before leaving him alone with Dumbledore.

"You plan to use the ship." Dumbledore stated.

"Yes. It is designed for planetary bombardment. I get to test the system, and take out the largest bases at the same time. You and the inner Order are of course invited. I'll need the map, however, so please, bring it this Saturday. We'll meet here at ten. I'll transport us to the ship, and from there, we'll get the show on the road. Oh, and make sure you tell our spies to stay away." Harry instructed him, and left before the old man could say a word.

The weekend came, and with it, several people waited in Dumbledore's office. Then, at precisely ten, Harry and his friends entered. Harry turned to see who it was there, and saw Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Sirius, Remus and surprisingly, Moody.

"That's everyone then?" Harry asked.

"Yes, everyone else had other things to do, I'm afraid. So, shall we?" Dumbledore and everyone else turned expectantly towards him.

"Yes. I'll have to go first, then lock onto you from the ship. Make sure you're standing after I leave." Harry told them, and transported on the ship, then used the transporter controls to get the rest.

It seemed the sudden change from the medieval office to a large high-tech room made of polished metal walls and strange devices made them stare around in awe.

"Well then, please follow me to the bridge, everyone." With that, Harry led them from the transporter room, into a long corridor, and they walked on, passing various doors who were mostly the same, but some had strange markings on them.

"How big is this ship, Potter?" Snape asked as they spent several minutes walking.

"It's the third largest class there is, so it's fairly large. About six hundred meters in length, three hundred in height, and one hundred eighty in width at the point, and about three hundred twenty at the back. It has the capacity for nine hundred men, but can hold to eleven hundred in an emergency." Harry told them calmly, ignoring their slack-jawed faces when they learnt they were on such a huge craft.

"Ah, here we are. Everyone get in please." Harry led them in a smaller room that barely fit them all. "Dewin." Harry said a word, and stood still.

"Well, isn't something supposed to happen?" Ron asked.

"We're already moving, Ron. We'll be on the bridge in moments. Ah, right on cue." With that, the doors opened, and Harry led them to a different room, this one had various consoles all over the large room, as well as most of the walls. Two other doors could be seen on each side.

Harry quickly sat at the metal chair that stood alone, slightly higher than the others, and calmly revolved it to face his guests.

"Welcome aboard the Voice of Despair." He grinned as he waved his hands around.

"Please, sit around, but don't touch anything. Shall we start? Sirius, the map, if you please?" Sirius quickly handed it to him, and Harry spent the next five minutes getting the precise coordinates for his attacks.

"Now, the fun begins. Yorrion, bring the ship to full tactical capability." Harry spoke up, and quickly, a voice that came from everywhere replied. "Acknowledged." The voice sounded unnaturally calm and precise, and many turned in shock to find the speaker.

"Yorrion is the ship's artificial intelligence. He controls everything on this ship, from weapons to life support. One of the best AI's I ever met, actually." Harry grinned.

"Thank you for the kind words, nihtar Daroth, but we should continue with the tests." The voice shocked them again.

"He's right. Yorrion, bring out a map of the planet, and highlight these coordinates." Harry entered the coordinates in order by size, and one by one, red dots popped on the large map displayed on the huge screen in front of them.

"Prep weapons. Load tube one with mark II singularity torpedo, and the other sixteen with mark IV high yield warheads. Charge all frontal batteries, and maneuver us in attack position." After the computer confirmed his orders, Hermione spoke up "Harry, are you trying to take out Death Eaters, or level half of Europe?" Everyone was shocked, knowing Hermione probably knew the power of these weapons.

"I'm not taking any chances. In a few minutes, those dots will be nothing but smoking craters. Now, if you'd excuse me, I have people to kill."

"The ship is in position, nihtar." Yorrion spoke.

"Shoot tube one at target one, then follow with two tubes each for each consequential target. Once all tubes are spent, attack the remaining targets with all forward Decimator batteries until sensors confirm no human presence at targeted areas. Confirm." Harry ordered.

"Confirmed." The computer replied.

"Switch screen to external forward view." The screen changed to show the planet as they orbited it. "Fire." Harry said shortly, and everyone saw a yellow ball shoot for the planet, followed by eight pairs of blue orbs, before a hailstorm of much smaller shots and long beams peppered the planet. All in all, the attack was over in a few minutes, and everyone stared at Harry.

"That's it? I expected something a bit, well, more." Moody said in a disappointed tone.

"Well, let's see just how well we did. Yorrion, zoom in on target one until the entire area is clearly visible." Within moments, the screen changed to show an overview of a huge smoking crater.

"Yorrion, how big is the crater?" Harry asked with a smirk.

"Exactly 4.23 kilometers in diameter and 234 meters in depth." The computer said in its usual tone.

"That good enough for you Moody?" Harry turned to see the old Auror pick his jaw from the floor.

"Sure is. So, how many of the bastards are left?" Moody asked.

"Let's ask the map shall we?" Harry tapped the map with his wand and said "Head count." The map quickly showed the number 292.

"Now that's even better than expected. Alright everyone, would you care for some refreshments?" Harry stood up.

After people nodded in confirmation, Harry pointed to the elevator. "Then let's go to the officer's mess." After everyone was once again in the elevator, Harry said "Shola tisur."

"What did you say, Harry?" Ron asked.

"I'm just telling the elevator where to take us. In this case, deck sixteen. Now, this way please." He led them to a door near the elevator that opened to a room that was arranged as a rather Spartan mess hall.

"Your kind doesn't decorate much, do they?" Snape asked.

"Our primary concern is efficiency, professor. This is a warship, not a luxury liner." Harry replied as he went to a device in the wall.

"Barothan spice tea." Instantly, a steaming cup materialized in the device.

"God I missed this." Harry sighed as he took a sip.

"It's called a replicator. All you have to do is say what you want, and it will appear. And don't worry Moody, it can't poison you, unless you ask for it, anyway. Mind you, it can't make any wizard drinks." Hermione explained.

"I'll give it a try. Whisky, single malt." Snape stepped forward, and quickly got his request.

"Mm, pretty good, one of the best I've ever had." Snape said contently.

Pretty soon, everyone was sitting down, enjoying their chosen beverage. Most chose drinks they already knew, but McGonagall and Dumbledore decided to have the same as Harry.

"This really is an amazing tea, Harry. Care to tell us how is it made normally?" Dumbledore asked.

"Sure thing. The Barothan spice is made by grinding dried bark of a indigenous swamp tree. The bark needs to dry for one year to get the best taste. What you get is bluish-yellow dust. To make a cup, you take a single teaspoon, and pour boiling water over it, then mix until it dissolves. I can replicate you some if you want to." Harry stood up.

"I wouldn't want to bother you." Dumbledore said.

"It's no trouble at all. Barothan spice, two times one kilogram." Again, two tins appeared and Harry gave both his teachers one each.

"Now Harry, as much as I enjoy this, I'm afraid we'll have to get back to Hogwarts." Dumbledore stood up.

"Alright then. Yorrion, transport my guests back." Everyone around Harry was enveloped in the now familiar red glow, and promptly found themselves back in the Headmaster's office.

"What the hell happened? Why isn't Harry with us?" Sirius asked.

"He stayed behind. Let me ask what's going on." Hermione replied.

"I see. He says he still has things to do on the ship and that he'll be back Monday morning." Dumbledore nodded in confirmation, and spoke before anyone could protest.

"I should remind you that Harry is not a child, and if he feels necessary to do this, then we have no reason to object. Now then, if you'd all be so kind to leave, I expect the Minister will visit me soon." Everyone looked like they wanted to say something, but decided otherwise, and slowly left the office.

That Monday morning, a very quiet Harry walked into Transfiguration, and spent most of his time staring absently, only moving when he was asked something, or when he was supposed to do something. This behavior continued for the rest of the day, until his friends finally confronted him about it.

"Harry, you've been acting strangely all day now. What's wrong?" Hermione asked.

"I just have a lot on my mind, that's all. I found something on the ship that I honestly wasn't expecting." Harry said absently.

"What did you find?" Ron asked.

"About four hundred canisters of nano-injectors." Harry told them, and got blank stares of all three.

"Their nano-machines designed for large scale assimilation." Harry's reply shocked them all.

"What do you mean by that?" Ginny asked confused, while Hermione looked pale as a ghost.

"The injectors are microscopic machines that carry the necessary biological information to convert humans into vampires. A single nanite is enough to turn you. They are all connected, and they can build a full hierarchy out of a single vampire." Harry's explanation shocked them further.

"Why would there be something like that on the ship? I didn't know something like this even existed." Hermione asked.

"Well, apparently, their creation was kept top-secret. As to why they are here, Lord Deathhand has saw fit to promote me to a new Clan Lord, and has given me the means to gather new members." Harry replied absently.

"You... you're not really considering using them, are you?" Hermione was outraged.

"I don't know. On one hand, more people like us would certainly help in this war, but on the other hand, forcing the change like that..." Harry replied silently.

"Harry, you can't do this. It's wrong." Hermione said firmly.

"Is it? Take a good look at this world, Hermione. It's chaos. There are people killing each other for 'blood purity', for different beliefs, for different skin color. Perhaps changing this planet would be for the best." Harry stood up and stared out the window.

"You can't possibly believe that." Hermione asked sadly.

"I don't know. To be honest, I don't understand humans. I don't understand how they think, how they feel, why they act like they do, it's a mystery to me. I am different than them, I think differently, I feel differently. You know what I'm talking about, Hermione. You are starting to change as well." Harry turned to the girl.

"I... yes, I think I do. But still, forcing the change on people... and what will happen to those who are too old for it?" Hermione asked, although she knew exactly what would happen.

"Most will probably end as food for the changed when they awake." Harry replied coldly, shocking the trio.

"What will you do, then?" Hermione finally asked.

"I still need to think. Tell Dumbledore I'll be gone for a few days. But when the time comes, I need to know one thing. Will you support me, no matter what?" Harry asked.

"You are my Lord. My duty to you comes first." Hermione said shakily.

"You are learning. I am truly proud of you, Hermione." Harry gave her a smile, and teleported away.

"What do you think he'll do?" Ron asked.

"I don't know, Ron. But if he decides to go through with it, nothing in the world can stop him." Hermione replied as she left to ponder on this situation.

A/n Well, even though I suggested it, I'm still not sure if Harry should use the nanites, so, I think I'll let the readers decide. So, if you want to see more vampires in this story, please say so.


Sign up to rate and review this story