Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Death Perception

Chapter 1

by horsie890 0 reviews

Chapter 1

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-06-17 - Updated: 2007-06-17 - 452 words

0Unrated
Alicia crept along the dark hallway, feeling along the cold stone wall for her direction. She had heard too many stories of the outside world; it was time to see for herself. Her hand fell upon a cold boulder in her way, but she wasn't deterred. Throwing all her weight into the task, she pushed against the stone and smiled as it rolled out the way, just enough to let her through. Sliding through the gap, she realized she was seeing the outside world for the first time.

Her eyes drank in the sight hungrily; she had been denied access to this place for too long. She first looked up at the smoky purple expanse before her...the 'sky,' they had called it. Small pinpoints of light dotted the sky, but the largest was a full white circle hovering over her head. She had heard stories of these things, the 'moon' and 'stars,' and how they used to be able to travel to them. She sighed longingly.

'What a wonderful place the Old World must have been,' she thought, leaving the shelter of the overhanging cavern to stand in the soft field of 'grass' before her, noting that it came up to her knees. She frowned. 'I always heard it was cut short, by different animals...'cows,' I think. And horses.' Alicia had always wanted to see a horse; they were revered as majestic, ancient animals in all the old stories. If only she could find one.

She sat down on the grass and gazed up at the stars, wondering if there were worlds just like this one way out there. She wanted to see everything so badly, but she knew she never would. A soft breeze blew through her black hair and tossed it about. She wondered if there were any of the creatures around, the ones that had driven them belowground in the first place. She had always been told they were bloodthirsty and ruthless, with flesh-tearing claws on their hands and feet that would rip through a person in a heartbeat. They were supposed to be shape shifters that could turn into different animals, evil animals. She hoped she wouldn't encounter one, however risky this journey might be.

Alicia leaned back with a sigh and fell into the grass, softly crushing the blades, and kicked off her shoes, breathing the fresh air as deeply as she could. This might be the only time she would ever feel so alive and exhilarated; she planned to remember it forever. She almost laughed as the blades of grass tickled her face, gently waving in the soft breeze. She didn't even realize she was drifting off to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story