Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

Champagne

by killxsmile 1 review

Pete plays hangover nurse.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-06-20 - Updated: 2007-06-20 - 1271 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Words cannot express how sorry I am for the lack of updates. This morning I finally cracked through the insane case of writer's block and came up with this. (Some of the next chapter is already written)

BIG THANKS to everyone who's still reading this.

Without further ado, here's the 12th chapter.
Enjoy, kiddies.

Chapter Twelve: Champagne

Love is like Novocain and it leaves a little stain. The beauty in all this pain is I can't get away from you. So pull me down and don't make a sound.
-Sugarcult

*
Liv's POV

"You okay?" I asked. Emi looked exhausted as she rested her head against the window.
"Yeah," she mumbled, closing her eyes.

We were on our way back from our girls' night out, which consisted of laughing, dancing and a whole lot of drinking on Emi's part.

"You're home, sleepyhead," I said pulling into her driveway.
"What time is it?" she asked, reluctantly lifting her head.
"1:47," I responded, shifting into park. "Is your mom home?"
"No, she doesn't get home until 6."

After opening her door, I half-expected Emi to fall flat on her face. To make sure that wouldn't happen, I propped her arm over my shoulder then guided her to the porch.

"Keys?"

She fished around her purse and handed them to me. Once I opened the door, Emi started making her way toward the couch.

"No Em, you've gotta go upstairs."
"Bu' I wanna sleep noooooooow," she slurred.
"Do you want your mom to see you hung over on the couch when she gets home?"
"No..."
"Okay then."

I guided her up the stairs and to her room. After helping her change into pajamas, I grabbed a bottle of aspirin from the bathroom and placed it on her nightstand.

"Today was really, really, really fun, Liv," she said as she flopped into bed. "We have to do this more often."
"We'll see if you think the same way in the morning."
"Hahaha. You're silly, Liv," she said with a smile. When she was drunk, I could swear she reverted back to 5 years old--innocent, stubborn, but still adorable.
"Goodnight, Emi."
"Goodnight."

I walked out of her room, and closed the door halfway. Sighing, I watched her for a few seconds.

Emi was the quote unquote "responsible one," but that's only because she volunteers to be the designated driver more often than me, Jasper and Nick. In cases when she does drink, lets just say that Marissa Cooper has nothing on Emi. She is the queen of binge drinking, unhappily bowing to her porcelain throne.

I shut the door completely, then made my way downstairs. Pharrell happily pounced onto my shoulders and licked my face as I reached the bottom.

"I'm happy to see you too, but you need to quiet down."

He obeyed then returned his front paws to the floor.

"Good boy."

I pulled my cell phone from my pocket and took a seat on the couch. Pharrell followed, jumping onto my lap as I dialed.

As it rang, I petted Pharrell's head. "Pete's not going to like this..." The pit bull nodded at my comment, then sneezed as he rested his head on my knee.

"Lo?"
"Hey, Pete, it's Liv."
"Oh, hey, what's up?" He yawned.
"Just warning you beforehand that if you plan on stopping by Emi's today, you might need a bucket."
"Fuck," he groaned. Frustration was apparent in his voice.
"Yeah..."
"You should know better than to let her drink so much," he said in a semi-irritated tone. "...But I know how she gets." Pete sighed.

"Sorry about waking you up to tell you--"
"Don't worry about it. It's better than stopping by her house tomorrow and finding her hunched over the toilet..."
"Well I'll let you get back to sleep."
"Okay, goodnight."
"Night."

*
Pete's POV

That morning, I decided to run some damage control.

"Hi, Ms. Ikuhara. Is Emi home?" I asked, knowing the answer.
"Yes, she's upstairs." She stepped aside and let me inside the house. "But I wouldn't go up there if I were you. She's not exactly the most cheerful person in the morning."
"Thanks for the warning, but I think I can handle it."
"Okay," she said, skeptically. "If she doesn't rip your head off, you're welcome to join us for breakfast."

I smiled at her comment as she walked back into the kitchen.

Making my way up the stairs, I prepared my 'I-told-you-so' speech. When she mentioned going to Excalibur, I was all for it. Then Liv said that she'd be "nice," and volunteered to be designated driver.

When Liv is designated driver, Emi is designated drinker.

Emi - responsibility + alcohol = disaster. I openly said that, but she and Liv brushed me off and said they would keep it "under control."

Still, my self-righteousness faded as I opened the door.

Emi was sound asleep, tangled in her sheets. Her hair was a mess and her make up was smeared onto her pillowcase, but she was still adorable.

The sun shone brightly through her window, and I knew that had to change.

sunlight + hangover = burned retinas

After closing the blinds, I kicked off my shoes and crawled in next to her. She groaned as the bed shifted, but quickly snuggled against my frame.

"Emi, why do you drink so fucking much?" I whispered, brushing hair out of her face. In response, she buried her head in my shoulder.

*
Furrowing her eyebrows, she groaned. "Ughhh." Holding her head, she slowly sat up.
"Good morning."
"Pete?" She looked at me, puzzled. "How long have you been here?"
"Maybe 2 hours." I propped myself up on my elbows. "Aspirin?" I asked, holding the bottle in front of her. She nodded and quickly knocked back 2 of the white tablets.
"Thank you."

After running a hand through her hair, slumped back into the folds of her comforter and into my arms.

"Go ahead...Say it."
"Say what?"
"'I told you so.' You know you want to," she said, looking up at me. I chuckled then slipped my arms around her.
"You know me too well."

Sighing, she buried her head in my chest. "I feel like my head is going to explode," she said, muffled by my t-shirt.
"Well, that's what you get for--"
"Drinking. Yeah, yeah, I know."
"Then why do you do it?"
"Because I never learn."
"Do you think you could just tone it down a little?"
"Pete, don't worry about it. I've been drinking since sophomore year. I know my limits."
"See, that's exactly why I worry. Someday you're going to test those limits and I won't be there to clean up the mess."
"Thanks for the warning, /mom/." She rolled her eyes and moved to the other side of the bed.
"Em, don't be like that..."

She got up and started walking out of the room.

"Wait."

As I followed her, she suddenly broke into a sprint toward the bathroom. I held her hair back as she emptied the contents of her stomach into the toilet.

She sat there, slumped over the bowl for a few seconds before flushing. I offered my hand and helped her up off the floor. She washed her face in the sink.

As Emi dried her face in the mirror, I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed the side of her neck.

"Maybe I should tone it down a little..."
"I told you so."

"Pete?" I looked down and Ben was tugging at my pants. "Could you hug Emi outside? I hafta use the bathroom."
"Sure."

Emi and I laughed as we made our way downstairs for an overdue breakfast.

*
Review?
Sign up to rate and review this story