Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Moonlight

Scroll six: Consequences.

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A Sesshomaru story...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Sesshoumaru, Other - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2005-11-26 - Updated: 2005-11-26 - 9855 words

0Unrated

Moonlight

scroll six: Consequences.

Author's notes: Thanks Ithilwen for once again beat-ing this fic! Thanks also go out to Tir-chan for her help in beta-ing this fic too!


Smiling, Sesshomaru held her again. He and Tsuki had spent the afternoon in a cycle of mating and resting, but nothing seemed to diminish his need for her. They both knew they had to go back to the palace before they were missed, but the fact that Tsuki was so willing to forget everything except the blind need to be with him did not help. Sesshomaru pulled her closer and she melted into his embrace, but reason won out over lust in the end, and he reluctantly pulled away. A minute later they both began to dress so that they could make their way back.

"Here, let me tie that for you..." he said dreamily as he buried his nose in her hair. Taking the long ends of her obi, he somehow managed to get it tied without too much difficulty.

"Arigatou...we really need to get back soon; me they won't worry too much about, but you, Maru-chan...I'm afraid if they find you missing, there's going to be an uproar..." she whispered softly as she stood there, feeling safe and warm with his arms wrapped around her from behind.

"Hai...let's go," he whispered in her ear as he released her. They slowly walked towards the door leading out. Sesshomaru bent down and Tsuki followed suit as they left through the low doorway.

It was still raining, although it was not falling as hard as it did earlier when they sought refuge in the old tea house. Sesshomaru took her hand and when they got closer to the palace he pulled her roughly along and Tsuki found it hard to keep up with him. Damn! We've got to hurry as it's later than I thought! /He glanced over his shoulder at her silently urging her to move more quickly. /Come on, Tsuki-chan, hurry! We're going to be late for dinner! Let's go! He tugged on her hand again. "Hurry!"

"Maru-chan...Waka-sama! Please, not so fast or I'll fah....oomph." She tripped and nearly pulled him down on top of her as she fell. "Ow...my ankle..." Tsukikage cried out when she tried to get up.

"Let me see..." Sesshomaru tenderly probed at her ankle and moved her foot.

"Ow...please don't do that...." She shut her eyes and rubbed away the tears of pain.

"I don't think you broke it...Look, I'll carry you back and we'll get Baba-chan to take a look at it." He picked her and as he got a whiff of her scent again all thoughts of Baba-chan were completely driven out of his head.

888

"It would appear my nephew is late yet again, Dear Sister. I wonder what is so important that he must constantly be late for dinner."

Sakura-chan giggled, "Perhaps he's finally found a woman... and maybe she's an appetizer, you know, a bit of a snack before dinner. He is after all Inutaisho-dono-sama's son!"

"Hai! I bet that's what it is..." Rika-chan said. "By they way has anyone seen Tsukikage?" she asked as all eyes turned to the human woman, who was sitting quietly across from the Okugata-sama.

"I saw her earlier this morning, but truthfully I am not her keeper," Izayoi said softly as whispers of 'thank the gods for that' were heard around the table, "and I allow her to go where she wants as long as she fulfills her duties first. Besides, I honestly have no idea where she is. In fact, I had thought she was with you, Takahara-sama." She looked at the man who sat down towards the other end of the table on her right.

"Iie, she was not, but then I should be so lucky to have spent the day with her, ne?" He smiled at the human before turning towards his youkai lord. "Inutaisho-dono, just where are you hiding the girl?" he teased.

"Hiding?" Inutaisho frowned. "Takahara, old friend, I assure you I'm not hiding her anywhere." He shrugged and turned to his wife. Looking at her pleadingly, he asked, "Perhaps Sakuya-chan can be sent to see if she has returned to her room?" The dog general looked at his wife patiently while she sat there silently fuming.

"Hai...or better yet, why don't you go see what's keeping her," Inukouhi said dryly as she struggled to get her anger under control. "Perhaps you can find our wayward son as well..." She smiled sweetly although her husband could sense her mounting anger. Inukouhi had her suspicions as to Sesshomaru's whereabouts and the fact that the girl was missing along with him, only added to the headache that was threatening to make her head explode.

"It would appear that my duties now include finding lost sons as well as other missing guests," the dog general said jokingly. "Carry on then, and if you will excuse me..." Inutaisho rose and bowed to his dinner companions after motioning them to stay seated. He gave his wife a small kiss before leaving, while wisely ignoring his mate.

888

"Come; let me help you out those wet things, so you don't get sick..." Sesshomaru wheedled as he set Tsukikage down and she giggled. "What's so funny?" They had just entered her room and Sesshomaru went and lit the small brazier Tsuki used to heat her kettle as well as take the chill out of her room, before coming back over to her.

"Arigatou...Maru-chan, I'm laughing because didn't we just go through all that 'you're wet and you need to be dry before you get sick' stuff...?" She giggled again before getting serious. "Besides, I can see you are also just as wet, so perhaps you should get out of your wet things as well..." she trailed off seductively when Sesshomaru sat down next to her.

"Hai...you're right... but first let's take care of you..." he said as he nuzzled her neck and she shivered with delight. Taking that as a "yes", Sesshomaru tried to unwrap her obi, but finding it difficult, he got up and looked around before spotting a small knife on top of her tansu. Walking over to it, he picked it up and was back at her side in a heartbeat.

"Don't move..." he said softly as he slid the knife up under the folds of fabric.

Tsuki reached out and held his wrist. "Iie! Don't cut that or I'll be in big trouble." She clarified when he looked at her questioningly, "They're very expensive according to Atsuimi-hime. I know, why don't you help me move the knot around to the front where I can help you untie it?" she said before taking the knife from him and with a quick flick of her wrist she cast it away from them.

"Hai..." he murmured. It took a few minutes of her giggling and him cursing, before he had managed to bring the knot around to the front. It was soon untied.

"There, that's better, ne?" he said as they admired their handiwork.

"Hai..." she whispered. Sesshomaru then moved closer to her and he started kissing her neck. Moving slowly downwards, he trailed a line of little kisses until his face was happily nestled between her breasts. He let her hold him like that for several minutes before he gently pushed her over onto her back and opening her kimono and undergarments, he continued his way down.

888

Inutaisho made his way purposefully towards the women's quarters. With each step he took, an icy stab of fear pierced his heart; to counteract it he started working himself up into a foul mood. The look that had settled on his patrician features was one that would make friend or foe quake at the site of it. The closer he got to the women's quarters the faster he increased his pace as he made his way silently yet swiftly. Once there he paused to collect himself as he did not wish to frighten the girl.

888

Sesshomaru was now resting his head in her lap. He could smell the sweet musky order of her scent and as he drank it in deeply he felt his desires renew. He sat up and pulled her close. "Tsuki-chan...let's do this again," he murmured into her hair.

"Hai..." she replied in a soft breathy whisper. He helped her remove her yukata and underclothes, before taking off his own kimono and hakama and carelessly tossing them aside. He then picked her up and carried her behind the screen that separated her sleeping area from the rest of the room. After gently setting her down he hurried over to her tansu and removed her futon and hastened back. Sesshomaru smiled as he unrolled the futon and he sighed contentedly as she crawled onto its cottony softness. The youkai prince knelt behind her, as he wanted to take her in the inuyoukai way instead the more human way of facing her. When Tsuki lowered herself onto her forearms, the submissiveness of the gesture strengthened the bond between them as she silently acknowledged her willingness to yield to him in all things. Feeling more confident now about claiming her as his own, Sesshomaru moved between her legs, grabbed her hips and pulled her closer to him. Finding his rhythm was easy as instinct took over and the cycle of lust began anew.

888

Inutaisho walked swiftly towards the room in question, pausing slightly to glance over at his mate's room, before continuing towards Tsukikage's room. He took the two steps leading to the low porch as one and then stopped. He could just make out the faint sounds of lust through the paper panes of the shoji. He hesitated, before stepping up closer to the shoji. Taking a deep breath, as he was not sure if he was pleased that she was 'practicing' what she had learned from Atsuimi-hime, or upset over the fact he would have to inform his friend Takahara that the girl was more experienced than he had first thought; Inutaisho knocked softly.

"Tsukikage-hime, forgive this intrusion, but I need to speak with you." He paused and hearing no response other than the sounds of pillowing combined with some faint cursing, he knocked again and repeated his request a bit louder. Still receiving no response, he took matters into his own hands and opened the shoji. "Tsukikage-hime," he said again, "forgive my intrusion..."

Inutaisho sneezed at the strong order of spent lust that greeted him. Thank Kami Sesshomaru not here, but where the hell can he be? /He was about to close the shoji and go look for his son elsewhere, when he spotted Sesshomaru's kimono rolled up in a ball near the room's entrance of her room. /Shit! /He is here!/ he swore to himself. Damn it! I told you to stay away from that girl! Fucking Hell! he swore again as he walked around behind the screen.

888

Sesshomaru had paused in his rhythm when he sensed an intruder in the room. Tsuki had looked up over her shoulder at him and her questions died on her lips when he silenced her with a look. He then let out a low warning growl and the foot steps stopped. /Get the hell away from here if you know what's good for you! I'm warning you; get the fuck away! /Satisfied that the intruder was gone, he picked up where he had left off. So wrapped up was he in listening to Tsuki's cries of pleasure, that he never noticed the intruder did not leave, but was in fact standing there trying to take in the scene before him.

888

Shit! /Inutaisho swallowed at the sight that greeted him there. It was then that he recognized what was different about the scent of lust that assaulted his nostrils. /I know I told you I wanted to see you mated and married to a nice girl, which Tsukikage-hime is, but.... /He thought ruefully about how in any other circumstances he would have been pleased to know his son was just as interested in bedding a pretty woman as his old man was. /You have /disappointed me/ /greatly by disregarding what I've told you! Damn it! Must you be as single minded as you mother in getting your own way? /The fact that Sesshomaru had disobeyed him angered the dog general greatly and he reached out and grabbed a handful of his son's silky locks. Sesshomaru snarled and letting go of Tsuki's hips, he reached over and behind himself in an attempt to slash the intruder with his claws.

"I believe I told you to stay away from the girl..." Inutaisho growled in response to the loud growl that emanated from Sesshomaru's throat. "You will get off her now if you know what is good for you." The elder youkai pulled harder on son's hair to underscore his words. Come on, Sessho-kun, pay attention to me. Forget her for the moment...

"Get the fuck away from me!" Sesshomaru cried out in frustration as he tried unsuccessfully to disentangle the fingers from his hair.

"Excuse me..."

"I said get the fuck away..." Sesshomaru trailed off as recognition of the intruder's voice penetrated the fog of lust that clouded his brain. Shit!

"I will excuse your outburst this time, my son, but if you ever speak to me that way again, you will regret it...now go get your clothes on," Inutaisho said quietly and his son had to strain to hear him. He let go of Sesshomaru's hair at his son's mumbled apology and turned away. Good, he's not as bad as I feared if he's listening...

Feeling the pain on his scalp go away, Sesshomaru who was caught up in the blood lust of taking a mate was torn between obeying his father and giving in to his desire.

888

Tsuki did not know what to do as embarrassment and fear wash over her. She was mortified at being caught in such an intimate act and she wished that Sesshomaru would stop what he was doing yet a part of her wanted him to go as if there were no interruptions. It had bad enough having someone walk in on them without it being her lover's father but at that moment she didn't care who was there. All she cared about was that Sesshomaru had stopped. That was when fear gripped her heart as she realized she was in trouble now. She had been warned in no uncertain terms, not only by Inutaisho himself but by her friend Ningen-hime as well, about going near the waka-sama. Not only had she not walked away as politely as she could from him, but she had initiated the whole thing by asking him to take her maidenhead. Somehow she did not care and yet she did care about having angered her lord. She felt relived but disappointed when Sesshomaru finally pulled out of her and unable to stop herself she started crying. Unfortunately it made Sesshomaru wrap her in his arms protectively, which then made her cry even harder. Hearing him growl at his father did not help matters and it served to increase her feelings of guilt and helplessness over the situation.

888

Damn it, Sesshomaru! I thought you were paying attention! Shit! If you would get away from her long enough to listen, I can help you. Kami why didn't you wait until you were older...? /Inutaisho whirled back to face them, totally amazed that not one word he had said meant anything. The dog general who was used to being obeyed, could not believe he was now being ignored in such a blatant manner and by his son of all people. Having had enough, he reached down again and grabbing his son by the shoulders he pulled him off the girl and pushed him away. "I believe I told you to stop this nonsense and get dressed," he said menacingly. "You too," he barked at the girl, who made a token effort to comply while reaching out to caress Sesshomaru's cheek. He spared her one last glance as he turned to face his son who was leaning into her touch. /Shit! I've never seen anyone this bad before...

"Hurry up. We're late for dinner," the dog general said quietly.

"Hai...I'm coming...ummm give me a minute, Chichi-ue, while I finish." Sesshomaru looked up at his father while absent mindedly reaching for his clothes.

Inutaisho sighed. "We are going to have a talk about this, once dinner is finished; do you understand me?" he asked as Sesshomaru mutely nodded.

"You too." He directed his gaze at the girl.

"Hai, my lord..." she whispered.

"What is wrong with you, girl?" Inutaisho frowned when he noticed Tsuki sitting and dreamily reaching for her clothes instead of getting up to get them. "Why isn't she standing?" he asked Sesshomaru. The dog general sadly watched as his son tried to look past him for his mate. Following his son's furtive stare he frowned as he watched Tsukikage struggle to get dressed while seated.

"She fell and hurt herself..." Sesshomaru said as he sat there trying hard not to get up and go to his mate's side.

"And this is an excuse for you to behave this way?" Inutaisho closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead. "Get dressed and go help her," he said quietly.

"Hai..." Sesshomaru said dreamily as he crawled over to help his new mate. He struggled to get Tsuki dressed as both of them felt an overwhelming need to go back to what they were doing.

"Sessho-kun, I told you to get dressed first. She can wait until you are done. Now go!" he barked. Shaking his head, he closed his eyes briefly before he opened them and walked over to the shoji leading to the outdoors.

Tsuki waited calmly, crying softly to herself, as she tried not to watch Sesshomaru struggle back into his clothes. She sat quietly, tears streaming down her face, before she managed to struggle back into her hadajuban. She was vainly trying to get her underskirt wrapped around her hips again when a movement from Sesshomaru caught her eye and made her pause. Somehow she had manged to do it just as Sesshomaru had finished tucking his kimono back into his hakama.

Inutaisho stood there waiting and he felt his patience wearing thin as he thought about what had happened. Fool! Didn't you pay attention when I spoke to you about this and staying away from the girl? Shit! What am I going to say to Takahara about this? The minute they walk in there everyone will know. Damn it! Your foolishness may have cost me more than just a friendship, my son. Now I will have to find a way to placate not only Takahara but your mother as well. The dog general sighed and rubbed his hands over his face as disappointment washed over him. Finally, he could not stand the wait any longer and he walked over to help them. Inutaisho realized he needed to be as calm as he was in the midst of battle or they would get nowhere and soon someone would be sent to look not only for his wayward son and the girl, but himself as well.

Sesshomaru let out a low growl when his father approached and he moved to place himself between his mate and his father. Tsuki clung to his back with one hand as she struggled to get into her kimono.

"You will stop this foolishness right now!" Inutaisho barked. "I'm not trying to hurt her, nor am I trying to steal her out from under your nose. Now where did you hurt yourself?" The last was said to Tsukikage.

"I've turned my ankle..." Tsuki said softly, embarrassed over what went on before and who she was speaking to. "It hurts when I stand on it." She remained seated on the tatami mat, holding her own kimono tightly to herself, while the dog general took a look at her ankle.

"You can stop growling at me now. Your /mate/," Inutaisho spat the word out as if it were something distasteful to him, "by the way, will be fine. Her ankle doesn't appear to be broken. It looks as though it'll just swell up and she'll be lame for a few days. Come; let's get you up on your feet. Come here, Sesshomaru, I will take her hands and pull, while you lift her under her arms." He could not help feeling slightly amused as he watched Sesshomaru squat behind the girl and instead of placing his hands under her arms, he let them snake around her until he had cupped her breasts in his hands. "Sesshomaru...?"

"Hunh?"

"You're going to hurt her if you try and lift her by using those as leverage." Inutaisho shook his head and tried to sound more amused than he felt. He had been hoping against hope that he was mistaken about what went on in here. That his son was merely taking pleasure in his new found manhood and all the snarls and growls he got from him were only the normal grumbling of man disturbed, but the truth gnawed at his heart. They were mates, in the same manner Izayoi was his mate and he knew Inukouhi was going to be just as angry to find out about this as she had been when she found out about Izayoi. Inutaisho took a deep breath to dispel his negative thoughts before he spoke. "I will count to three and on three you will lift her while I pull. One...two...three..."

They succeeded in lifting Tsuki to her feet. "Here, hold onto my arm." Inutaisho held out his arm and Tsuki used it to steady herself, and she stood much easier; balanced with her weight on one foot. "Now finish helping her, Sesshomaru, as we've wasted enough time here already." Suddenly feeling old, the dog general closed his eyes and rubbed the spot on his forehead between his eyebrows. Inutaisho stood there, letting his mind go blank and he focused instead on the soft sounds made by the rustling of Tsuki's outer kimono as Sesshomaru helped her finish dressing. He noted with wry amusement that the two of them made short work of it until it came time to tie her obi.

"You'll need to get my other one..." Tsuki whispered. "That one's full of mud from when I fell." She laughed. "So is this kimono..."

"Hai. Where is it?" Sesshomaru whispered in reply.

"In my tansu, in the cupboard behind the second door down on the left...My new yellow and blue one is on top." Tsuki giggled softly as Sesshomaru kissed her before he left to do her bidding. He quickly found the obi and then under his father's watchful eye, he set about trying to tie it. Sesshomaru, much to his annoyance, found he had as much luck in tying it as he had had before he had Ningen-hime's tutelage.

Inutaisho, by this time had had enough of listening to his son's muttered curses and the girl's quiet giggles, told his son to help steady the girl while he tied it. "Put your hands on his shoulders, girl, and you, Sesshomaru, hold her sleeves out of the way..." Ten minutes later the obi was tied and they were ready to go to dinner. Before they left, Inutaisho spotted her handkerchief on the floor. He walked over to it, bent down and retrieved it. He held it up to his nose and breathed deeply. Satisfied it held her scent, he said, "Hold this." And handing it to her, he then walked past them towards the shoji.

888

"Come, let's go," Inutaisho said as he waited by the shoji leading out of Tsuki's room and into the courtyard. He watched impatiently as Tsuki limped towards him while Sesshomaru supported her. "Oh hell! The girl stays here! Leave her and let's move it!" he barked and Sesshomaru struggled to comply.

"Give him your handkerchief." He watched as Tsuki did what she was told. "Now, Sesshomaru, tell her to stay."

"Why?"

"Just do it! I'll have Izayoi-hime come here and they can eat together. She'll be safe with her."

"Iie! I want her with me!"

"Sesshomaru, the girl is injured and she should rest. Nothing will happen to her." When his son started to protest, Inutaisho cut him off with a sharp, "You'll obey me in this. Now let's go!" He grabbed his son roughly by the shoulder and pushed him out of the room and on their way.

888

They hurried on in silence, although every so often Inutaisho urged his son to hurry. Just before they reached the final corridor, Inutaisho paused. "Are you alright?"

"Iie... Chichi-ue it hurts...and I want to go back. I don't feel so good..."

"I know, but you will endure it." Inutaisho raised an eyebrow and waited. If you were man enough to bed her and make her your mate, then you'll just have to be man enough to endure being separated from her... "I will see to it dinner goes quickly and then you will be free to go back and get her." Softening his tone, Inutaisho said, "Sessho-kun. I need to get Takahara alone, as I need to explain to him why I cannot give him the girl like I promised. I've told you on the way here that you have placed me in difficult situation. This would be bad enough if it were something that has happened between two of my men, but to have my own son involved..." He sighed wearily. "I promise you she will be safe, my son." Inutaisho looked away and then added, "In time you will be able to let her get farther and farther out of your sight...after we talk later I will tell you how to make the parting from her easier. Now let's go, Sesshomaru..."

888

Inutaisho knelt before opening the shoji leading to the banquet hall. He hoped his son would not suffer too much during the meal and after checking to make sure he was fine, Inutaisho slid the shoji open and entered the room followed by Sesshomaru. The dog general gave a slight bow as well as son and he nodded politely at everyone's questions, before he stood and walked over to his seat at the low table.

"Dear Husband...where did you find him?" Inukouhi purred sweetly although her eyes were narrowed in anger.

"Helping the girl. She fell and hurt herself when she got caught in the rain. And as luck would have it, our son happened to be out walking along the same path when he found her," Inutaisho said with a rather strained smile on his face as Takahara got up to relieve him of his burden.

"Oh really? So you're saying he just happened to find her just like that and he rescued her too. How just like his father...." Inukouhi said dryly and her husband laughed along with everyone else.

"So the whelp is following in your footsteps, eh?" Takahara laughed.

"Hai."

"Husband, what's wrong with Sessho-kun?" The dog queen asked.

"Nothing...they were caught out in the rain for some time this afternoon and he's a bit...damp." Inutaisho's smile got a bit broader as he shook his head very slightly at his friend who was about to speak. "The girl's damp too...and according to our son, she tripped in the mud and that's how she hurt herself."

"Sessho-kun, come here, my son," Inukouhi said sweetly although Sesshomaru never strayed from his father's side. "Sessho-kun...did you hear me?"

Sesshomaru stood there, before his father spoke quietly to him, "Sessho-kun, your mother wants you. Go sit by her. Go on..."

The youkai prince nodded and walked slowly over to his mother. Sitting down between her and Atsuimi-hime, he ignored them while he stared at the shoji he had just entered.

Sesshomaru's eyes danced furtively as he looked from his mother to her friend and back again as they took turns fussing over him much to his annoyance. He felt hot, cold, anxious, troubled and there was nothing he wanted to do more at the time than coax Tsuki into pillowing with him again. Unfortunately she was all alone in her room and there was nothing he could do but sit there quietly and endure dinner.

888

"Sessho-kun, are you alright, my son?" Inukouhi cooed softly. "You've barely touched your food. Sessho-kun...? Oh, Sessho-kun...? Sweetheart?" She placed a cool hand on his forehead and he flinched at her touch. She gently caressed his face until she had positioned her hand under his chin. Inukouhi grasped her son's chin firmly and jerked his head up to look at her. "Sessho-kun? What's wrong?" she asked sharply and as the words left her mouth she knew. /Damn it! Don't tell me he went and did that! Shit! He's as bad as father! Sessho-kun...whatever possessed you to do this? I had such hopes and plans for you, my son... Now all is ruined in a moment's careless pleasure! Kami, please give me strength! Gods my baby! /The dog queen sighed and let go of Sesshomaru's chin. She closed her eyes as she brought her fist to her mouth and Inutaisho saw the movement. His heart ached for his wife; for he knew she had plans to marry her son off one day far off into the future, in the hopes of strengthening Sesshomaru's hold on the western lands. Inutaisho reached out and place a hand on hers and squeezed. Inukouhi opened her eyes and met her husband's gaze. The dog general lifted her hand and kissed her palm in silent reassurance of his love for her.

"If you are so concerned about their well being, my love, I'll send word to have Baba-chan see to them both after dinner." Inutaisho quirked an eyebrow at her and smiled.

"Hai...I'm sure he'll be fine, once he gets some rest." Inukouhi shrugged and sipped her tea. "As for the girl, I really don't care what happens to her..." She sighed and waved her hand impatiently before turning the conversation to something innocuous. She chatted on brightly with Atsuimi-hime and ignored her son completely. Inukouhi showed remarkable restraint while the storm brewed just below her surface and many at the table wondered just how long it would take before her temper erupted. Everyone there knew something was wrong, from Izayoi who had no idea what it was to Toukasa-chan who was worried that her foster son was seriously ill.

888

"Toukasa-chan, please don't worry about him, my little koishii-chan. I'm sure he's just taken a chill from being out so long in the rain." Takahara laid a hand on his mate's as he consoled her. "The Okugata-sama will see to it he's looked after properly once dinner's finished. Besides as long as he eats something, he can't be that ill, ne?" he squeezed his mate's hand. "And if the girl turns up sick as well as injured; it's better I wait. Besides, I've waited this long, so another few days won't hurt." He picked her hand up and kissed the palm. "Don't worry, my dear, I promise I won't take my frustrations out on you. It's not your fault and I don't blame you at all. You did your best and if she didn't cooperate...well there are ways to make sure she does in the future."

"Hai..." Toukasa murmured before she took a sip of her tea.

"Perhaps now that I have some free time as who knows when the girl will be available, we can look into getting Keiichi married off." Takahara smiled and he was pleased Toukasa seemed happier than she was before now that he mentioned their son.

"Hai that would be wonderful and it's about time we did something about him too. You know, I have heard rumors that our son is getting very attached to his new mare. We can't have him turning out like Akemi-san, ne?" She smiled ruefully at him as her sadness and fear slowly lifted.

"Hai. It's a pity she never had pups as their bloodlines are good and Hiroshi would make an excellent father-in-law." Takahara pinched her cheek. "By the way I don't want you fretting about the girl either. There have been plenty before and I'm sure plenty afterwards, but you, Toukasa-chan, are first in my heart." He kissed her. "Besides our Keiichii was, is and always will be my heir so any sons she may give me won't be anything more than Keiichi's half brothers. He's a good boy and I'm proud of him and I want only the best for him," he whispered softly in her ear.

"Arigatou, Koishii. Shall we discuss our son's prospects after dinner?"

"Hai I would like that very much as long as we can be together afterwards..." Takahara whispered in her ear before he gave her cheek a quick kiss.

888

Atsuimi sat there and made idle conversation with her friend as her mind raced. Don't tell me the new girl has succeeded where so many have failed! Hmmm...this one bears watching and perhaps I can get Inukouhi to see this as well... /Atsuimi smiled to herself. She looked up and over at her friend before turning her attention to Sesshomaru. /Perhaps I am wrong here and this is just a chill? Yet, I'm willing to swear the waka-sama is suffering from something far worse than a slight chill. I wonder if my first impression was correct and he has taken the girl as a mate. Now how do I go about getting the okugata-sama to see this is not as bad as she fears...? Atsuimi helped herself to her food as she sat lost in thought. At best she'll have gained a daughter, at worst, a rival for her son's affections. What is done is done and no one can change that, besides it is far better to make to most of a bad situation than it is to lament over what might have been...have I not told you that many times before, my lady? "What was that, my lady, gomen nasai, but I wasn't paying attention...?" she said softly as she spared Sesshomaru another glance before she dismissed him and the girl totally from her thoughts.

888

"Is Tsuki-chan alright?" Ningen-hime asked softly and the dog general nodded in reply.

Inutaisho leaned over and spoke softly. "Koishii...I need you to go have dinner with the girl. She's twisted her ankle and can't walk. I'll have your dinners sent there. Please go now, my love ..." Inutaisho straightened up and called a servant over.

"Hai..." the human woman rose to leave. "If you will excuse me, I'm needed elsewhere," she informed her dinner companions before bowing. "Arigatou..."

The human woman could sense something was wrong and she wondered if it was something more than a chill from getting caught in the rain. She had looked over at her lord and mate for answers, but all he did was barely shake his head in her direction before dismissing her. Izayoi looked over at Sesshomaru and a worried frown creased her brow, for the young youkai prince looked terrible. He sat there, slowly rocking back and forth; eyes closed clutching a tiny scrap of fabric to his face. Izayoi started to voice her concern, for by now Sesshomaru was bathed in sweat and when he did open his eyes, they were bright with fever. Once again when she opened her mouth to say something she was met with the same small shake of her mate's head as before, although this time Izayoi noticed the pleading look in Inutaisho's eyes to drop the matter. As much as her heart ached to do so, the human woman complied, for she knew her mate would enlighten her as soon as they had a private moment together. So the woman known as Ningen-hime turned and left the room. Izayoi felt a stab of guilt over the waka-sama's condition, for she felt responsible for him going out in the rain. She hurried to her friend's room and she was frightened at the thought of what she would find there.

888

Tsuki-chan... Gods why are they dragging this shit out like this? Chichi-ue...please I want to go now and be with her! Chichi-ue, please let me go, please...Gods this hurts, it hurts worse than anything else! Chichi-ue, Haha-ue, please make the pain go away!

"Chichi-ue...can I go now? It hurts sitting here..." Sesshomaru asked softly. "Please...?"

"Iie, dinner isn't finished yet."

"But it hurts...Haha-ue?"

"You heard your father."

"Hai..."/ /He sat there lost in thought while he played with his food.

Where the hell is she? What if Tsuki's not okay? What if something happened to her? /Worry creased his brow as he desperately wanted to go find her/. I want to go look for her! Chichi-ue, I'm leaving now and you can't stop me! Tsuki-chan, are you under there? /Sesshomaru bent over and looked under the table. He ignored the stares and questions that were thrown his way and he only sat up when he heard his father tell him to. Forget this shit! It hurts! Make it stop! I can't stand it! Why do I feel like shit? Why does it feel like bugs are crawling all over me?! He looked around furtively as he shook his head and scratched his arms. /Myouga-kuso! Get yourself and your stupid friends out of here and leave me alone! Haha-ue, it hurts! Haha-ue, Ofukuro... /He looked over at his foster mother and her mate and narrowed his eyes. Please make it stop hurting! Fuck you, Takahara! She's my woman now! Shit! If you go near her, I swear I'll kill you! Tsuki-chan, where are you? /

888

Izayoi arrived at Tsuki's room to find her friend crying. "Little One, what's wrong?" she asked as she came over and hugged the crying girl.

"It's all my fault...." Tsuki sobbed.

"What is?"

"I've disobeyed Inutaisho-dono-sama and I made the waka-sama disobey him too..."

"Ssshh....it's alright," the human woman soothed. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"Iie...I can't. You warned me and I didn't listen...I thought I knew better...Atsuimi-hime told me about ways to fool a...a... a....man..." she wept inconsolably on her friend's shoulder.

Oh my...I wonder if Takahara found them together. I hope clearer heads will prevail and the dono-sama can straighten everything out...poor baby, I don't think any harm will come to the waka-sama... Izayoi thought as tried to soothe her friend. "Everything will be alright..."

888

/Maru-chan, I'm so sorry to put you through this...Please, someone, help me get to him! Please! /Tsuki sat there quietly, half listening to Ningen-hime's fussing, as she tried hard not to go off looking for her mate.

There was a polite knocking at the inner shoji and after the human gave permission to enter, a few of the kitchen girls arrived with dinner.

"Please leave them there, arigatou."

"If you want, you can put them outside, Ningen-hime, and someone will come along later to get them," one of the girls said before leaving.

"Hai." Turning to her friend, Izayoi said softly, "Come, let's eat as you must be starving." She opened one of the covered dishes. "Look, the dono-sama has ordered them to bring your favorite dish! So I don't think he's as angry with you as you thought, ne?"

"Hai...but I'm not hungry... you eat..." Tsuki said listlessly.

888

"Sessho-kun? Is everything alright?" Inutaisho quietly asked his son and he nodded mutely in reply. "Very well then, well as long as everyone is finished, I'd like to call it a night."

Everyone responded with a polite "hai" and they left quietly in groups of twos and threes. There was no doubt in Inutaisho's mind that they were going to spend the evening in lively gossip about his son and he knew by morning the entire palace would hear of this if not sooner.

"Atsuimi-hime, please come with us as I'd like you to help Izayoi-hime look after the girl while my wife and I speak with Sesshomaru," the dog general said soberly.

"Hai. I will help." Atsuimi left the 'Ningen-hime to understand' unsaid, as the remaining dinner guests rose to leave. /While they are speaking with the Waka-sama, I will try my best to explain things as best I can to you...You've have lived here amongst us long enough for you to now know of our ways.../Atsuimi smiled "I'll go get them for you, if it's alright with you?"

"Hai. They're in the girl's room."

"We'll meet you...?"

"In his study, Atsuimi-chan," the dog queen informed her friend when a movement to her side caught her eye. "Where do you think you're going Sessho-kun?"

"To find Tsuki-chan...she needs me to find her...I need to know if she's safe..." Sesshomaru cast a worried glance at his mother.

"The girl's fine for Kami's sake! Sessho-kun, get back here, now!" Inukouhi exclaimed as her son moved deftly passed his father and sprinted towards the women's quarters. "Sessho-kun! Stop standing there, Husband, and go get him!""

888

Sesshomaru was dimly aware of the footsteps that dogged him as he headed back to where his mate waited for him. The trouble was, Tsuki had numerous times walked these halls and her scent was everywhere. Sesshomaru found himself stopping every so often to peer into empty rooms as he looked for her. He became so desperate to find her that he started searching every nook and cranny in the maze of corridors that made up the palace. Things got bad for him when he came across Takahara's scent, for the elder youkai had also gone to the women's quarters along with his mate. And Sesshomaru was convinced he had gone there to harm Tsuki.

888

"It's alright, Sessho-kun, no one's going to harm her. She's safe with Ningen-hime," Inutaisho called out to his son.

"But what if Takahara does, Chichi-ue?" he paused in his searching.

"Trust me, Sessho-kun, he won't harm her. He's gone back to Toukasa's rooms. Let go slowly to Tsuki's room and get her. We'll bring her with us to my study. That way she'll be safe, ne?" Why is he so worried about Takahara? I'm sure my friend has figured out what's wrong with you my son and he won't go near the girl any more.

"Hai..."

888

Sesshomaru violently slid the inner shoji back, nearly knocking it off its tracks. He quickly crawled inside and breathing deeply he scented the room, looking for his mate. The two women sat there in surprise and when she recovered from her shock, Tsuki called out to him. "Maru-chan!"

"Hai!" he said as he stood and raced over to her. Ignoring the startled human, he picked Tsuki up and headed towards her sleeping area.

888

Inutaisho arrived minutes later to find Izayoi sitting there in stunned silence. She tried to say something but couldn't and she pointed helplessly towards the sleeping screen. A deep blush had suffused her cheeks for it was plainly obvious from the sounds emanating from behind it exactly what was going on.

"Gomen..." he said softly before he raised his voice. "Sessho-kun! I told you we needed to get the girl and bring her to my study. Now is not the time for this!"

"Hai..." Sesshomaru whined disappointedly.

Inutaisho swore to himself when he heard Tsuki beg his son not to stop. "Stop that and get over here now, damn it!"

888

Izayoi stood waiting in the hall and Tsuki painfully crawled out of the open shoji followed by Sesshomaru. The youkai prince quickly stood up and then bent over to pick up his mate. Inutaisho still kneeling shut the shoji behind him before he also stood up. Grabbing his son by the shoulder he roughly pushed him in the direction of his study. "Let's go," he said wearily and they headed off.

888

Once they had reached his study, Inutaisho left the girl in his outer chambers with instruction for Atsuimi and Izayoi to watch over her. He pushed his son roughly towards the large shoji that separated this room from the smaller inner sanctum that was his study. After he slid open the door, Inutaisho allowed his wife to enter before he pulled his son in behind him and closed the shoji.

At the sound of the shoji sliding home, Tsuki jerked her head up and let out a loud plaintive wail. "Maru-chan!"/ /she cried before she collapsed sobbing into Izayoi wanting arms.

"Hush, Little One...it'll be alright, you'll see..." the human woman soothed.

"Hai, don't worry, they just need to sort things out with the Waka-sama, and when they are finish you may go to him. Listen to me, Tsuki-chan," Atsuimi said softly. "I have never lied to you, nor has Ningen-hime. Right now yours and the waka-sama's fates are being held in the balance. What you did was wrong, for you were told you were to be given to another man. Not only another man, but our lord's closest friend and I believe you were both told this by Inutaisho himself, ne?" Both Ningen-hime and Tsuki nodded at the truth of her words. "So now you both have disobeyed him, with disastrous results. The Waka-sama will be forgiven simply because he is our lord's son, but you on the other hand..." The youkai woman sighed. "You are nothing more than one of many women who live here. You are our lord's to do with as he likes and he had chosen to give you as a reward to his friend. But you in your foolish fear of going to Takahara's bed, you have disobeyed your lord's will, by taking his son as your mate. In reality if it were any other man you would have been quietly married off." She paused. "But the Waka-sama? Knowing his mother, as well as I do, there will be no marriage for you as she has plans for him elsewhere. Plans you have for the moment dashed. You will have to content yourself with being his consort and any sons you may bear him will be his heir until he sires a more suitable one with his/ wife/. So you had better start praying to the gods, Girl, that all your pups will be daughters, lest you in your ambition cause a civil war throughout this realm." She looked away and softened her tone. "Perhaps if the gods were kinder and had given you a different face, things may have been easier and certain things overlooked," Atsuimi smiled sadly. "But you look way too much like a hated rival, my apologies Izayoi-hime," She nodded at the human, "for your own good. There is no way in hell the Okugata-sama will allow this beyond that which she cannot control, so save your tears, Little One."

"What is going to happen to them now?" Izayoi asked softly.

"Nothing actually, although I'm sure the girl's life will be made as miserable as possible, but then you should already know that, Izayoi-hime," Atsuimi said wryly. "By the way congratulations on losing your top spot on Inukouhi's list of those whose lives are worth shit, but there's nothing she can do about it list." The youkai woman laughed bitterly. "But enough talk of that. It's time I give you that promised explanation, ne?"

"Hai..."

"When a youkai man takes a mate, which can be different from taking a wife by the way..." Atsuimi paused to collect her thoughts. "Ideally a man will make his mate his wife or his wife his mate. You have seen for yourself the disastrous results when a man's mate and wife are two different women, ne?"

"Hai," Izayoi acknowledged.

"Well, there is usually a strong attachment before hand, such as the love they feel for each other and those strong emotions coupled with the act of pillowing.... ummm...it usually creates a pair bond and they become mates. Plus he needs to have sworn to give her his protection." She paused; lost in thought. "He swore he'd protect you from Takahara didn't he?" she said in amazement, and not really expecting an answer, she continued her explanation. "Anyway the man will be driven wild with desire at her scent and he will spend as much time pillowing her as possible. The scent of their lust will change too, as a warning to leave them be, or else. The woman too will feel the same desires as her mate and sometimes she will be the one to get him to pillow with her rather than the other way around. All this lust has just one desired result, and that is to produce a pup as quickly as possible. Once a woman is carrying a pup her mate's actions will change so that he spends most of his time protecting her and providing for her and the pup to be. So, ummm...unless you wish to be kept up all night from the sounds of their bed sport and if the waka-sama's anything like his mother, then he will be very vocal in his expression of pleasure," she winked at the human as a broad smile lit up her face. "So it may be wise to find new rooms for a while. Or you could just spend more time with your own mate, but in this instance that would not be wise..." she said a bit more seriously.

"How is it that Inutaisho-dono-sama...ummm...doesn't ummm..." Izayoi blushed. "And why don't I feel...ummm...?"

"Most likely he carries with him something of yours that carries your scent or more importantly the scent of your pillowing on it, which is probably what bothers the okugata-sama the most."

"But why?"

"Aside from the fact that he carries it everywhere with him like a love token, he most likely plays with it too, so he can catch you scent. I wonder if she can smell it too." Atsuimi eyed the shoji where Inukouhi had gone. "I bet she does and that's why she gets so angry... Hai...that explains a lot..." Atsuimi-hime said to herself. "Anyway, perhaps the reason you don't feel like that could be because you are human and they just don't take mates like we do... Gomen, but I really don't know that much about humans and their mating behavior. All I know is a simple three day trip to his lodge wound up taking something closer to two months..." Could that be why he remained at his lodge for so long before he brought you home?

"Hai...but we humans do fall in love. Sometimes rather deeply in love..." Izayoi smiled. "I love him very much."

"Hai. I can see that and so do many others..." a long silence fell between them. Sighing, Atsuimi continued, "Where was I?"

"You were explaining why the Dono-sama doesn't ummm...carry on like they were..." She nodded at Tsuki.

"That is because he was much older when he took you as his mate. Being older, he's more secure in his knowledge of who he is and where he stands in the world, not to mention your love for him. That combined with his love token is how he can leave you for long periods of time as well as see to the needs of his wife." Perhaps he never got a proper pair bond with you and that is why he has kept his wife around... She looked inquiringly at Izayoi who nodded for her to go on. "Perhaps they both would have been better off if he had divorced her, but despite the fact she's not his mate, the Dono-sama cares for her very much and I'm sure he meant only to spare her the hurt. Trouble is that would have been much kinder to her, but as a man he has needs and it would seem that the two of you are well suited to see to them." Atsuimi winked. "Anyway, if you have nowhere else to go tonight you are more than welcome to share my room..." she broke off as the sound of Inukouhi's anger filtered through the paper panes of the shoji.

"Poor thing, she's hurting too, ne?"

"Hai, Izayoi-hime, that she is...so do you understand what I have told you?"

"Hai, I think so. Do you think they will be much longer, then?"

Atsuimi sighed. "I have no idea; hopefully it will be soon as I don't think the Waka-sama is up to waiting much longer. It is rather painful from what I understand for the man to be so far away from his mate in the beginning and denied pillowing..."

"Hai...Tsuki-chan, how are you feeling, my child?"

"Don't know...I just want Maru-chan to come here..." She started crying softly and the human woman held her close the way one would when comforting a child. "I'm so sorry, Ningen-hime...I didn't know it would hurt him...I was afraid and I wanted to die and wanted to be with him before I died and now all I want to do is die and be with him..."

"I know..." Izayoi soothed.

888

Inukouhi stood there quietly staring at her son before she exploded. "You little bastard! How could go and do this to me! You are the heir to your father's empire and you think nothing of going and throwing it all away like that! Look at me when I speak to you!" She roughly grabbed his chin and forced him to look at her.

"Inuki-chan, that's enough, let him go...Inuki-chan, please. He doesn't know what's going on...please Inuki-chan calm yourself," Inutaisho said softly as he laid his hand on his wife's shoulder. "Inuki-chan?" he said a bit more forcibly. "I will be the one to deal with him, not you!"

Inukouhi let go of Sesshomaru's chin and whirled on her husband. "Don't give me that Inuki-chan shit! You're both the same! Bastards who care nothing for me! Hell's spawn! You might as well get yourself another heir, dear husband! As this one is worthless! Why don't you go fuck that human bitch of yours and hand your empire over to your bastard hanyou! Shit, I bet she can give you many fine sons! Sons who will listen to their father when they are told things!" She had shouted the last in her son's face and Sesshomaru sat there and shivered. It was as if he had never heard a word she said. "Listen to me!"

Inutaisho gently put his hand on his wife's arm before she roughly shrugged it off. "Look at him! Everything we've worked so hard on is gone in an instant! He's as bad as you are! Gods my baby! I cannot believe that out of all the women that have come and gone from this place you had to pick her! Damn it! Can't you see she's beneath you my son? The worthless bastard daughter-"

Sesshomaru flinched and reached out to his mother. "Haha-ue..." he protested softly.

"-of some long dead concubine who may or may not be the daughter of the even deader lord!" The dog queen ignored her son and continued her rant, "She's a servant or she was or who even knows what she is any more! All I know is one day she's training to be a geisha the next day she's that stupid human's servant and now she's supposed to be given to Takahara as a plaything! And you my son, in your infinite wisdom have made her your mate! Idiot! I can see your brains are in your pants like your stupid father!"

"Inuki!"

"Hai? Just look at him sitting there all..." she waved her hand as she tried to collect her thoughts. "Oh hell...like a mindless idiot!! Damn it! Sessho-kun, you weren't supposed to do that! You're supposed to have waited until I've found a girl with a house worthy of yours! One whose father is just as powerful as yours so that you can make the proper alliances with! Or do you like the idea of aligning yourself with a ghost? The stupid girl's father had only idiot sons who lost to your father's raw recruits! I believe it took them, what? A half a day or was it two days to take the place? And what a place it was too! A couple of ri on each side and not only that, I believe there were humans living there! Damn it! I thought I had taught you better than that!"

"Leave him alone, Inuki-chan. You're upset and you're going to say something you'll regret if you don't," Inutaisho pleaded with his wife. He wanted to end this quickly so their son could go back to his mate.

Inukouhi would have none of it and she screamed at him in reply, "Why couldn't you have found him some bitch to satisfy his lusts? Or where you too busy bedding your own bitch to bother? Damn it! I hate you, my husband! I hate you for doing this to me, more than I have ever hated anything in my life!" She pulled her arm back and slapped him hard across his face. "And you!" she whirled back to her son. "I wish to hell you had never been born, you little shit!" She struck him hard across the face. Sesshomaru reached up and touched his cheek. He looked at he mother and let out a small plaintive wail. When she drew her arm back to strike him again, Inutaisho grabbed her wrist.

"Stop it now. Calm yourself and then leave us. Inuki-chan," Inutaisho tried to catch her eye. "I will forgive you this as I know you're mad with grief." He sighed wearily. "And I thank the gods he can't really hear you, for what you've just said was terrible. How could you speak that way to anyone like that, let alone our son? Inuki...?" The dog general moved to embrace his wife and she roughly pushed him away.

"If you don't know, then...then..." Inukouhi stood there trying hard not to cry, but her resolve broke and she fell sobbing into her husband's arms briefly, before she broke away and without a backwards glance she huffed her way out of the room.

888

Inukouhi emerged from her husband's study and slowly wiped the tears from her face. She took a deep breath and started to walk towards the shoji leading from the room, when she paused in front of Tsuki and Ningen-hime. The dog queen opened her mouth to say something then stopped. Both women had looked up to see the dog queen standing there with her eyes narrowed. Inukouhi smiled a very nasty smile before she backhanded Tsuki across her face. "Bitch!" she spat at her before she gather the remains of her dignity and left the room followed by Atsuimi.










Sign up to rate and review this story