Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > it's the tearing sound of love notes...

The green didn't work!

by nicole_ownsxxx 4 reviews

erm..okay..so they're going on tour in two weeks! but..mary wants to visit her family first, and takes Roxie along.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-06-22 - Updated: 2007-06-22 - 1808 words

2Funny
Skip the boring stuff.

If this were a movie, they'd be playing "The Great Escape" by Boys Like Girls and showing random clips about the past year and a half.

Cut to a scene where we meet Mary, and light brown haired girl with thick rimmed glasses and hazel eyes. She blows our minds at drums and we immediataly become best friends and bond over music.

Cut to a scene where I'm helping Mary move her things into our apartment.

Cut to a scene where we're all practicing.

Cut to a scene where we're at a gig, and totally rocking out.

Cut to a scene where we're shopping with the loads of money we got from that gig after we paid our bills.

Cut to a scene where I'm acting smug because I totally kicked her butt at Guitar Hero, and she's angry, screaming, "The green didn't work! It was stuck! You cheated!"

Cut to a scene where we're all just hanging out, writing songs, throwing paper wads at each other.

Cut to a scene where Mary and I are actually running from the mall cops because we had a silly string war by the fountain.

End the song. Back to real life.

Mary and I were watching TV in the living area of our apartment, and Katie was sleeping. Jenny was out on a jog.

Or, she had been, anyway.

Jenny ran into the room, apparently out of breath.

"What's up with you?" Mary asked, confused.

"I just-hold on. Let me catch my breath." She stood there for a minute holding her side and panting.

"Are you okay? Do you need ice? Aspirin? Water? Vitamens? Your pajamas? Maybe a Dr. Pepper?" I offered. "Hey, my dentist's name is Dr. Pepper. He gets mad when I yell 'I HEART DR. PEPPER!' when he's checking out my teeth. He's cool, though.

"You're so weird," Jenny said, with her head tilted to the side. "But in other news, guess what!"

"I won the lottery!?" Mary screamed, jumping up and down on the couch, and I joined her, until Jenny was red faced laughing at our little chant of "Mary won the lottery and we're all gonna be millionaires!"

"No!" she finally managed to say. Mary's grin faded into a frown, but it was way too dramatic to look like she was really sad.

"Aw."

"Mary, it's way better than that. WE'RE GOING ON TOUR!"

We screamed like fan girls at a Green Day show.

Katie stumbled in the living room.

"KATIE!" Jenny yelled. She ran across the room to her and hugged her. "WE'RE GOING ON TOUR!"

"Now? But... I just woke up. I wasn't asleep for that long, was I? Oh no. I've got to pack. I need to wash things. I need to call my mom. I've got so much to do!" she cried sleepily.

I was too busy doing a victory dance on the couch to explain anything to her. Also, I didn't know when we were leaving either. Or anything about the tour, for that matter.

"Roxie, what are you doing?!?" Mary cried, laughing.

"Pelvic thrusts! They're fun! Dance with me!" I tend to do weird dance moves when something good happens. But I dance like a white kid. Because I am one, mostly, but also, I have no rhythem. Thanks for that one, Dad.

When I got my first guitar for Christmas when I was fourteen, I tried to breakdance. I broke my foot on a coffee table in front of my entire family. I played guitar those six weeks 'til my fingers bled, though. I'm still very good.

I turned around to look at my surroundings, still pelvic thrusting. I was wearing a black Spider-Man shirt and black skinny jeans and my chucks.

Mary was twisting her messy brown hair around her finger, which had that "yeah i just got out of bed, and no i don't wanna fix my hair..deal with it" kind of look. She was staring at the wall, deep in thought. She a Misfits shirt on, and gray plaid pajama bottoms.

Jenny was in her "running attire" which included a white wife beater and running shorts, with sneakers and her hair pulled out of her face, so her bangs wouldn't get in her eyes while she ran. She was screaming like a little girl a jumping up and down completely estatic, and I couldn't help but wonder how she felt

Katie had bags under her eyes and hadn't showered yet. She was still in a pair of boxers and a skimpy black tank top, with her hair in impossible tangles. She was running around the apartment, throwing random things in a bag, screaming, "I hope we're not late!"

So basically Katie was freaking out, Jenny was completely estatic, and I was pelvis thrusting on the couch. Mary was the only sane one.

"Jenny, when are we leaving?!" Katie cried, throwing one full bag on the floor next to the door. "Why aren't you guys packing? When we're on tour, you're not wearing my clothes! Bring your own!"

"Babe," Jenny cried, running to her, then hugging her. "We don't leave for two weeks! We have plenty of time for all that stuff!"

"And what do you mean I can't wear your clothes?" I demanded. "I happen to love your black tank top with all the neon skulls!"

Katie laughed. "Sorry, guys, I'm not all there yet. I just woke up. Roxie, you can borrow my black shirt if you want, but in return i want to wear your Chucks!"

"Never!" They were my babies! More holes than shoe, really. But I liked them. They were breezy.

"Your Wayne's World hat?"

"Okay!"

Jenny snapped her fingers to make us shut up and to get our attention back to her. "Okay, people, we leave right after Christmas. I, for one, am going home to see my family for a week, then I'm coming back here to pack for the tour. Who's with me?"

"I am!" Katie cried, happy because she was going to see her parents.

"I'm...not. I'll chill here, get things ready for the while you guys are gone," I stated. "Mary, what are you doing?"

Mary had been quiet mostly, standing in the corner biting her nails, thinking about something intensely. "Huh? I'm sorry, what am I doing when?"

Katie and Jenny ran out of the room into theirs to pack for Christmas.

"For Christmas, babe. What are you doing for Christmas?" I repeated.

"Oh! Erm... I guess I'm going home to be with my family. What about you, Rox?"

"I'm chilling here," I told her. I yawned and stretched out on the couch which I had been pelvic thrusting on moments before.

"You can't stay home for Christmas!" Mary screamed, running to me. "Why aren't you going home?"

"Eh. The 'rents were estactic when I got accepted to college. I mean, I'm smart and all, but I couldn't do college. It was so... I don't know. But I dropped out when I was nineteen. Mom and Dad refuse to speak to me, so I just chill here for Christmas. Every year. Every freaking year," I explained. I didn't really care that Mom and Dad refused to let come home. I loved them and all, but if they wouldn't let me come home, I wouldn't want to.

"Oh," said Mary. "But you can't spend Christmas alone! It's a time for being with your family!"

"No, actually it's a time to reflect on Christ. Christmas is Jesus's birthday, and seeing as he saved our souls from eternal suffering and He loves me even though I dropped out of college and did horrible things, I spend Christmas praying and reading the Bible," I told her.

I was a very religious Christian. Looking at me, you'd never know. But every Wednesday, Sunday morning, and Sunday night I was at church, and I prayed every night before I went to sleep.

God loves me unconditionally, and I love Him with my whole heart.

My messenger bag actually said, "Jesus is my homeboy!" in big black letters.

And I annoyed the crap out of Mary 'til she went to church with me one night, and she came home saved, and cried and confessed things the whole time.

"Well, you're right, but you can do all that stuff at my house. Okay?"

"Why would I be at your house?" I asked, confused.

"Because you're spending Chrismas with my family. They'd love to meet you, Roxie!" Mary cried.

"You call and make sure I stay first, missy," I said. Mary giggled.

"Where are you from?"

"Arkansas. Why?"

"You have a southern accent sometimes when you're not thinking about it," she stated, still giggling. "Can you really marry your first cousin in Arkansas?"

"NO! EW! That's icky! We marry people we aren't related to! And people wonder why I try to hide my accent!"

"Sorry!" Jenny cried. "I'm going to call my parents and tell them you're coming home with me. Okay?"

"Okay," I answered, still grossed out.

Mary whipped out her nifty little cell phone and started pressed buttons, then pressed the phone to her ear. "Hi, Mom! It's Mary!...Of course I'm coming home for Christmas!...I'm bringing someone I want you to meet...No, I don't have a boyfriend, Mom...Ew! I'm not that way, you nasty woman!...Sorry. But, yeah, her name's Roxanne, and she's my best friend...Because her parents won't let her. Big falling out...No, she's not a bad kid...Oh, she's really pretty...Oh, he will?...Well, you don't have to worry about that...He'll have hard time getting in her pants. She's a virgin still...No she's not that way either, Mom! Gosh! She's a Christian!...Okay. I love you, too. Bye."

I looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"I wish I could do that," she stated, completely oblivious to the sceptical look I was giving her. "Gerard can. Mikey and I can't though."

"Who are they? And who were you talking about on the phone?" I asked.

"My brothers, Mikey and Gerard. Mikey's a year younger than me, and Gerard's a year older. They're in a band, too. My Chemical Romance."

"I think I've heard of them. Jersey, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, they'll be home for Christmas, too, so you'll get to meet them. Gerard's a singer, too. Just like you. Pretty good, if I say so myself."

"Just like me," I answered, trying to be serious.

She laughed. "You two will get along. He's great. I can't wait for tomorrow! I'm going to go pack!"

I smiled. Gerard. That's a weird name. But I liked it.

I ran to the room that Mary and I shared and started packing things into a bag and grabbed my guitar. This was going to be the best Christmas ever.
Sign up to rate and review this story