Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

News; letter (kiss #2)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2005-11-26 - Updated: 2005-11-26 - 1420 words

0Unrated
News; letter (kiss #2)

By kira

Author's notes: Another kiss based on Live Journal's 30 kisses challenge. My pairing is Inutaisho & Izayoi.


Two women, one human, the other youkai, finished reading their letters at almost the same moment. /He's coming home.../they thought happily as they missed him very much, not that the dog general had been away that long, but it was more a feeling of relief that he was safe and unharmed. The two women also let their thoughts stray to their sons. The human was happy her young hanyou son would grow to manhood at his father's side, the youkai pleased her son had taken his place as a man at his father's side. They both walked over to their futon and prepared to sleep, happy in the knowledge that their beloved would be home tomorrow...


Inutaisho and his men arrived back at his palace midmorning. He was surprised to see his wife and her retinue waiting for him along with his favorite concubine, their hanyou son settled on her hip. Inuyasha waved as he called out, "Oyajii! Maru-chan!"

Inutaisho noted with amusement the soft groan that escaped his eldest son Sesshomaru's lips and the slight slump of his shoulders when he noticed Tsukikage-hime, the woman who Inuyasha's foster mother take her foster son from the human. The dog general knew his son had taken the woman as his mate and that he was not thrilled with the idea of looking after his younger brother. However, that was all forgotten as he dismounted, and throwing the reins to a servant, he approached the women who stood there, waiting to greet him. As was his custom, he greeted his wife first and she was pleased and happy when he took her hand and brought to his lips to kiss it, before moving on to his human concubine who was also his mate. Inutaisho greeted Izayoi more formally than he had his wife, but the human woman felt the affection he had for her in the slight squeeze of her fingers when he briefly took her hand. Then before the dog queen could get angry, Inutaisho threw his arms around both women and ushered them inside, while loudly declaring he was hungry and what was left of breakfast.

Later that afternoon, Inutaisho was happily visiting with Izayoi in her rooms. He frowned at the sounds of his sons voices that drifted in from the courtyard just outside the human's room and he was pleased when Tsukikage had stepped in to stop the argument that was brewing before it escalated into a full blown fight. Sighing, he gave one last look out the window before turning to watch his mate bustle about her room as she set out to make tea for them. That's when the little lacquered box caught his attention. The lid was off and set at angle to it, but that was not what had caught his eye. What did, were the layers of papers that fluffed up over the sides of it.

"They're your letters that you wrote me while you were away," Izayoi said softly as she came over to him.

"Really? You saved them all?"

"Hai...And I would read them over each night until after a while I felt as though all I had to do was close my eyes and I could see you standing in the shadows late at night." She paused and reached up to cup his cheek affectionately. "I also imagined I could hear your voice, whispering softly as you told me the news of your campaign and how well the battle was going again the cats and how proud your were of the waka-sama as he fought alongside you." She sighed and looked him sadly in the eye. "It really helped me from feeling lonely..."

"Gomen, Izayoi-chan. I'm sorry you were so alone," the dog general said softly as he leaned in to kiss her.

Izayoi playfully dodging his kiss, said, "It's alright, you're here and now I don't have to imagine that you are..." She smiled sweetly at him and he grinned in return.

"Well then, now that I am here, how about I show you just how I really do love you, Koishii? Then you see can see if reality matches your imagination, ne?"

"Hai..." Izayoi said as she leaned in to kiss him.

Inutaisho followed suit and just when their lips were about to meet, they heard the sound of the outer shoji sliding on its tracks mixed with a grunt. They turned their heads as one, just in time to see the proof of their love glaring angrily before his face softened.

"Oyajii, Ofukuro, will you play wiff me? Maru-chan's being mean again! He told me to go away! And Tsuki-chan did too!" The little hanyou pouted, and stuffing his hands in his haori's sleeves, he glared at his parents. "All they want to do is play kissy face. It's such a stupid game!" he grumbled.

The two lovers looked at each other and sighed.

"Hai, I'll play with you, Inu-chan. But first, I want you to sit and have tea with us and tell me what you did while I was gone," the dog general said as he moved away from his mate to take his son by the hand.

"Really?! You'll play wiff me?!" Inuyasha said as he took his father's hand. "I played ball wiff Tsuki-chan, but she don't throw as good as Maru-chan!" the little hanyou prince laughed. "Then I helped Uekiya dig up the flowers in Okugata's garden! She gave me dango to eat when I was done! And she didn't give any to Uekiya! But I did!" He prattled on, repeating odd bits of gossip along with tales of what he did. "Where'd you go, Oyajii? And how come you taked Maru-chan and left me home?"

"I went to war with the Neko tribe that was causing problems along the far border of my empire. Part of the reason I didn't take you, Inuyasha, was I didn't think you'd like it. War is hard and it can be tedious, you know," Inutaisho said. At the look on his young son's face he clarified, "Boring."

"Ooh...I thought you left me home cuz I was too little. Maru-chan always telling me I'm too little to do things..." Inuyasha pouted again.

"Truthfully, my boy, you are too little to do some things, but you know what?"

"What, Oyajii?"

"Sesshomaru is too big to do other things."

"Really?" Inuyasha screwed his face up as he thought about it. "Like what things?"

Inutaisho looked at Izayoi for help. Smiling, she shook her head at him. "Hai, what is the waka-sama too big to do?" she teased.

"Well, he's too big to ummm..." Inutaisho reached over and helped himself to a cup of tea that Izayoi had just poured and drank as he desperately tried to think of something.

Inuyasha watched him intently, ignoring the cup of tea his mother set in front of him, as he waited for his father to tell him what his brother was too big to do.

"Ummm...sit on my shoulders and go for a ride," the dog general said and he silently congratulated himself as Inuyasha seemed happy with his answer.

"Hai...." Inuyasha picked up his tea cup and blew on it the way his foster mother taught him to do before taking a sip. He took a few more sips before his face lit up. "Oyajii, let's go play now... and can you give me a ride on your shoulders? Pwease?"

"Hai!" Inutaisho quickly finished his tea and stood up along with his mate and their son. Before leaving, he gave Izayoi a quick kiss on the cheek along with a promise to spend the night with her and she smiled.

"Have fun, you two!" she said, and leaning over, she kissed her son on the forehead.

"Bye, Ofukuro!" Inuyasha cried. "Oyajii, can I ride on your shoulders now?"

"Hai..." Inutaisho said as he bent and picked up his son. "Until later, my love?" the dog general his mate as he put Inuyasha on his shoulders, much to the hanyou prince's delight.

"Hai...until later, my love..." Izayoi said softly as she watched them leave. Turning away from the shoji leading out to the garden, she walked over to the low table where her box of letters waited. Picking the top one up, she sat at the table, passing the time by rereading the news it contained...


Sign up to rate and review this story