Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Not So Ordinary

This Is Side One

by carcrashhearts 0 reviews

Haley and Pete are not your ordinary couple. What happens when what appears to be a perfect relationship has to deal with the pressures of Pete's rockstar life?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-06-24 - Updated: 2007-06-25 - 622 words

0Unrated
I sighed as I walked into my apartment and dropped my backpack on the floor. I threw myself on the couch and turned on the TV. Flipping through the channels, I stopped on MTV, which was showing Fall Out Boy's newest video. Quickly blinking the tears out of my eyes, I mentally scolded myself, 'It won't do any good to cry. It won't change anything.'

I happened to be the longtime girlfriend of Pete Wentz. We had grown up in Wilmette together, meeting when my family moved in next door to the Wentz's. I was 6; he was 8. We instantly became friends, making an unlikely pair. Pete was hyper and wild, while I was quiet and reserved. When we got to high school, we dated other people, and then spent time crying on the other one's shoulder when the breakups happened. Yet it never seemed completely right that we were dating other people. We finally came to our senses when Pete was a junior in college and I was a freshman in college.

And here we were 5 years later, Pete was off being a rockstar having fun on tour with the rest of the guys, while I was stuck at home since I was completing my second year of law school.

I was lost in my walk down memory lane and soon fell asleep. I awoke a few hours later, disoriented, to my phone ringing. Without looking at the caller ID, I clicked the phone on.

"'Lo?" I said, voice still full of sleep.

"Hey. Did I wake you up?" I heard Pete ask, and instantly felt all my tiredness vanish.

"Yeah, I fell asleep when I got home from school. I had an early final. So how are things going?"

"The shows are going great. You so missed it last night. Joe fell down during the middle of the show because he was jumping around everywhere. He even knocked Patrick over."

I laughed, picturing the scene in my head. The guys had been on tour for almost a month now and still had about 2 more to go.

"I wish I was there with you guys. I hate missing out on the tours, and I miss you."

"I know. I miss you too. Too bad you're working this summer and can't join us. But just remember this, after this tour we're going to take a break. Then we'll have lots of time to spend together. So much time you'll be sick of me."

"Never!" I said, laughing. I heard Patrick yelling for Pete, and dreaded what was coming next.

"I gotta go baby. We're going on in a little while. I'll call you after the show."

"Okay," I said, sighing.

"I love you."

"Love you too."

After hanging up, I went to start fixing something to eat. I slammed a pan down on the stove, suddenly angry. This is what our relationship consisted of, quick phone calls when there was a chance. Instantly I felt guilty. It wasn't entirely his fault; I was busy with school too. Doing the band made him happy, and I wasn't going to deny him his dreams. But it was something that you never got used to.

I ate the macaroni and cheese I made and then pulled out my laptop in an attempt to do some studying. It soon became evident that none of it was going to get done; I just couldn't focus on it. After surfing around the internet for awhile, I just decided to go to bed. I changed into a pair of shorts and one of Pete's Clan shirts and crawled into bed. Rolling over I grabbed the worn teddy bear Pete had given to me years ago and drifted off to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story