Categories > Original > Fantasy > Live To Tell The Tale

Chapter 3: Sisterly Love

by ScyStorm 0 reviews

Chapter 3: The seemingly unbeatable Omega sets his sights on the child Ru, and Vulpa must risk her own well-being to keep her sister safe.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-11-28 - Updated: 2005-11-29 - 2261 words

0Unrated
LIVE TO TELL THE TALE
Chapter 3: Sisterly Love

Furry Fiction
By: Scy Storm
ssbs.furrynet.com

INEVITABLE DISCLAIMER: This chapter contains some violent fighting and some gruesomes, hard language, and some suggested nudity. Turn back if you are not comfortable.



Vulpa stares intently as her giant blast rockets toward Omega. The demon only extends his mouth to a grin, and throws his now shielded arm in front of his body. The blast collides with the shield, Omega's arm twitching backward. But to the girls' surprise, the blast hits the shield and breaks apart, flying harmlessly in many directions. The shield has completely kept Omega from damage. Vulpa gasps, her arms loosening. "You're kidding!"

"HA HA HA! You're a rude girl, you know..." Omega says, his shield disappearing and his finger waving side to side. "You mustn't fight against grown-ups."

Vulpa lowers her arms, and whimpers gently, starting to cry. Burning branches fall not many feet around her, as the on-going battle has caused a bit of a fire in the trees, which is starting to spread. She's anger, and now feeling impotent to the situation. Shit shit shit! This is unfair... He can defend against all of my attacks... How do I hit him?!

Omega just laughs again, extending one of his arms to the side, his fingers extending as well, and a yellow energy gathering. Ru looks at her sister worriedly, as the redbrown-furred wolf whimpers and cries. "Vulpa!" Ru yells, to no real avail.

The energy gathering around Omega's hand flashes and materializes, into the shape of a gun. A long rifle, as it may seem, made of solid yellow-orange energy. "Well... You can now understand the level of my power, Vulpa... Best you stay quiet while I kill that sister of yours..."

Omega spins his rifle around and swings it front of him, an invisible energy gust blowing across the fire-scorched ground. He brings the rifle up and holds it in both hands, eye gazing through a small scope on the top of it. And it's set right on the little girl wolf. "I hope you're prepared, little Ru, because now you're in my sights..." He states.

Ru shakes at first, but seeing her own sister crying, and knowing she did something herself not long ago, she decides she can't be afraid. She must be strong, like her sister strives to be. Her body is filled with courage, and she stands where she is, looking over at the big demon sternly. "I'm not afraid of you, Omega!"

Vulpa hrms, and realizes what's going on, gasping. "Ru!!" She yells.

Ru doesn't care, as she stands still, staring down Omega, whom chuckles, getting his blast ready. Purple energy begins to rapidly form at the barrel. Vulpa growls. No, Omega will kill her!

Vulpa dashes toward Ru as fast as she can go, as Omega's blast reaches its peak. I have only one technique... And it might kill me... But I have no more chances!

Vulpa appears right in front of Ru, extending her arms outward. "... Vulpa?!" Ru says.

"I told you I would never let you get hurt, my sister..." Vulpa says.

Ru shakes her head, tears flowing from her eyes. "Vulpa! Don't do this!!"

Omega looks over his blast, and chuckles, seeing Vulpa standing in front of her sister. "Hmm... Well if you wish to die before your little sister, then I will satisfy you!!"

That's when the blast unloads, a large blackish-purple profane-looking beam firing from the large ball that formed on the end of the energy rifle, and heading right for them. "Vulpa, no! Don't sacrifice yourself for me!!"

Vulpa looks over her shoulder at her sister. "Ru... Don't worry... I love you, and I will protect you always..." Her eyes turn to the blast then. I hope I can endure this...

The blast hits her, and everything is enveloped in a white flash. Vulpa throws her head back and lets out a loud cry of pain, the blast enveloping her, as Ru stays behind her, staring in terror. Is her sister going to die right in front of her eyes just like her parents did? The while flash brightens to where nothing much is seen, Ru covering her eyes, waiting for it to die down. When it does, she opens her eyes again, and gasps gently. Omega lowers his gun, and perks his eyes. "Well now..."

Vulpa is there. Her head lowered, and her voice panting, but she remains standing, arms still outstretched. The front of what was left of her dress has been blown apart, as well as the panties she was wearing, leaving her nude. Blood covers a lot of her frontside, flowing from small wounds on her head and body that the place tore open. But she survived. "Well... You endured the magic blast. You are definitely stronger than your father." Omega says, his smile never fading.

Vulpa raises her head a bit, panting still. "aah... rrr... R-Ru? Are... are you ok...?" She manages to let out amidst small noises, evident of the pain she's in.

"Sister! You're still alive! ... But... You're so hurt..." Ru says, obviously worried.

Omega chuckles, staring down at the bloody wolf. "I must congratulate you, Vulpa. An ordinary warrior would have been destroyed by such an attack, but you are still alive... Well... At least for now. You're fading, and I can feel it. You've only delayed your sister's demise!"

Vulpa takes a few deep breaths, getting a bit more accustomed to the pain she's in, concentrating on speaking straight. "Heh... Heh heh heh... Don't you think it's a bit early to be claiming defeat, motherfucker? I... I'm going to defeat you now..." She says.

Omega blinks, his smile fading out of perplexity. "What? My blast must have knocked you senseless. You can't do anything in your condition!" He yells down at her.

"You're... You're too confident..." Vulpa says, looking up at the demon, and smirking. "you made the mistake of not taking me... seriously... And n-now, you've fallen into my trap!"

She begins to glow in a blue fire-like energy, all around her entire body. Her eyes twitch, and the same glow appears around Omega. "What?! What are you doing!"

"You... You may have a magic shield, but it doesn't m-matter! This w-will hit you without fail!!" Vulpa says, her body twitching as her fiery glow gets more intense.

Ru backs up, frightened, as her sister glows with such energy. Omega grrrs, the energy around him. It doesn't hurt him, but it is discomforting. "Impossible! What's going on?!" He snaps out.

"This technique... will inflict twice the damage you just hit me with... Which means... I will defeat you!!" Vulpa exclaims.

Omega finally notices the glow around him when it becomes more intense, looking at his hand surrounded in the energy, before around his body at the whole aura. "This... this energy is yours! But... it can't be!"

Vulpa throws her head upward, her eyes glowing and going blank. "You will be defeated by your own evil, Omega! Take THIS!! MIRROR BOND!!!"

Upon uttering those words, her entire body becomes a bluish glow, beams erupting from it. The glow around Omega charges up, and he lets out a loud continuous roar, energy tearing into his body. His blood sprays in all directions, his clothes being ripped apart, and the skin blasting off of his terror-struck face. The glow gets rather bright then, and Omega for the moment cannot be seen. Ru watches on from several feet behind her sister. "V-Vulpa!" She yells.

Lightning begins to crack in the sky, the transfer of so much magical energy in this spot causing storms to blast overhead. Most of the forest trees are now also on fire, branches from them falling about, and large orange glow to be everywhere. Vulpa's attack ends, leaving her no longer glowing, and as blood as before. And just a ways in front of her, is Omega. Though not in the best of ways. "... What! Vulpa, he's alive!" Ru says.

Vulpa just pants, staring at Omega, a slight smirk on her face. The mighty terror of Omega is now a virtual skeleton, bloody ripped muscles and skin hanging off his bone body. Most of his face has been blown away, but somehow, his white hair remains intact. "... Rrr... I must congratulate you, little wolf... You managed to hurt me quite a bit..."

"Heh heh heh... Yes... Pity it... didn't destroy you..." Vulpa says, panting heavily.

Omega leans forward a bit. "I have lost much of my power now... But with the power your little sister has, I will not be exposing myself to anymore risks!"

He growls loudly, small yellow beams of energy showing around him, mostly around his back. A large, bony bat-like wing then breaks its way out of his back near his left shoulder. The other wing then bursts out, sending water everywhere, as rain has began to heavily fall. Omega then begins to float up into the air, the wind from his wings as well as the falling rain beginning to snuff out some of the flames around on the trees. "I'm afraid I must retreat... You can say that you've almost defeated me THIS time, but the next time we meet - if you're still alive - you will not have the same luck!"

He rises higher and higher into the air, Vulpa staring up and watching him go up. "Heh... Fuck you, Omega..." I... I did it... I made him retreat and protect...ed... Ru... Her thoughts are broken as she legs out a loud cough, blood flying from her mouth. My... My strength is gone...

Vulpa begins falling backward, as Ru gasps. "Vulpa!! VULPA!!" She yells, before running at her.

Vulpa hits the ground with a splash from the rainwater. My end is near... But I'm glad I could save my sister...

Ru runs up to her sister, lowering down and grabbing onto her body, the rain rinsing off a lot of the blood from Vulpa's body. "Vulpa... NO! Vulpa, please don't die!!!" She says, tears flowing down her cheeks, not quite as evident in the rain.

Vulpa coughs several times, just laying there, looking at her sister through one eye. "M-My dear little s-sister... Please don't be sad..."

Ru just whimpers, and holds her tight, the tears flowing rather evident now, even in the rain. "V-Vulpa... No..."

Vulpa smiles, looking at her sister's arms around her, putting her hand on one. "It isn't all bad... W-We kicked his ass... Y-You're safe now, and that makes... me feel very happy..." She says, coughing heavily after the last few words, barely able to have spoken them.

Ru whimpers, taking Vulpa's larger hand and holding it in hers. Vulpa looks back to her eyes, tightening her paw around both of her little sister's. She coughs a few times. "R-Ru... I will leave this world s-soon... but before I do... I have to g-give something to you..."

Ru shakes her head, closing her eyes shut and holding her sister's paw so tight, tears flowing so much. "NO!! Vulpa!! I won't let you die, I won't let you die, you must LIVE!"

As she yells those words, something starts to happen. Her paws glow, and energy begins to transfer to her sister. Vulpa blinks her one eye in confusion, but then gasps, both eyes snapping wide as a powerful blue energy zaps through her body, and over it. Wha... What... What is this? She thinks.

As quickly as it begun, the energy glow stops, and Vulpa is back to normal. Every injury on her body is gone, all the blood disappeared. She sits up, looking at her body with surprise, Ru still holding her paw. "Yes! I did it! I s-saved you like you saved me!" She says, amidst sniffing from her tears.

"This... this amazing! I thought I was done for, but... You healed me, Ru!"

Ru nodnods quickly, tears falling from her face as she does. "Yes, Sister!"

Vulpa looks over to her, still rather surprised. "I... I never imagined you had this kind of power! You're amazing, Ru..."

Ru smiles, letting go of Vulpa's paw and looking to her with half-lidded yes. "I... I'm don't know how I used the magic... I just... I wished with all my heart that you wouldn't die..." She says, swiveling a bit.

Vulpa headtilts gently. "Ru?"

Ru just stays smiling, looking at her sister's eyes. "I... I'm very happy I could return the favor... sister..." She says, before she falls forward.

Vulpa gasps as Ru falls onto her. "Ru!!" She says, taking her little sister in her arms. Oh... She's just exhausted... She's used some very powerful magic for the first time today...

She adjusts her little sister a bit, getting her over her leg, holding her gently and looking at her face, smiling. She then places her chin down atop of the little girl's head, closing her eyes and holding her close under the pouring rain. It's a pity you couldn't save mother and father, but... We are still together, my dear sister... And that makes me so happy.

High above them in the sky, Omega flaps his wings, the rain splashing down over his skeletal body, with its intestines hanging and flapping some in the wind. He looks down at the two girls, then looks off in the distance, and gives a skeletal smile. "Before I leave this place, I think I'll give you a little gift... Heh heh heh..."



TO BE CONTINUED...

Characters and storyline © Mariano
Used with permission
Strip Note: 29-37

~ Scy
Sign up to rate and review this story