Categories > Original > Fantasy > Live To Tell The Tale

Chapter 4: The Journey Begins

by ScyStorm 0 reviews

Chapter 4: Omega leaves the girls with a bang, and after Vulpa gives a prayer to free the souls of the fallen, she and Ru must prepare for a tough journey ahead.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-11-28 - Updated: 2005-11-29 - 2567 words

0Unrated
LIVE TO TELL THE TALE
Chapter 4: The Journey Begins

Furry Fiction
By: Scy Storm
ssbs.furrynet.com

INEVITABLE DISCLAIMER: Contains language and depiction of death. You have been warned.



Omega looks forward, past the rising smoke and over the trees that didn't get burned, at a quaint village. A few houses build around, with a quaint stone wall surrounding it. He grins widely with his skeletal face. "That must be your home village... Well... Now you can say goodbye to it and its dear people..."

He then raises one of his arms high, extending his fingers, a purplish-black cackling ball of energy starting to form above his palm while his eyes are locked on the village. In the village itself, there's some slight disarray, from the smoke that rose up over the horizon in the forest. One of the elder wolves, his fur an aged yellow, consults with some of the villagers. "That fire in the forest and those explosions... I know you all think it's strange. I don't like it either." He says.

One of the young white-furred wolves nearby speaks up. "Fortunately it started to rain. Perhaps a creature appeared and started it? Or creatures? I'm sure Silver fought them."

The elder wolf nods, looking over at the smoke in the sky. "That could have been in, but I'm not too sure... The power of those explosions makes me think Silver must have used his most powerful techniques."

A ruby-furred wolf looks at the elder, and then over to the sky where he's looking. "You think he's okay?"

"I hope so... He and his family are out there, and- ... wait, what is that..." The elder mumbles, noting something in the sky.

The smoke in the sky is getting thinner, and behind it, the gigantic demonic figure with bat wings and an energy ball forming can be seen. The elder's eyes go wide. "Oh my god! It's... It's Omega! He's going to attack the village!!"

"No, NOO!" The white-furred wolf yells, taking off running.

Other villagers around begin to panic. The elder clenches his fist, and turns to all of them. "Hurry! Evacuate the village! Evacuate the people!!" He yells.

A few of them nod, and take off in different directions, while others continue to panic. Out in the forest, Vulpa stands up, holding her small sister in her arms. "I need to get you back home, Ru. And... Wait... What is Omega doing?" She notes, looking to the sky.

Omega remains floating there with the energy gathering. Slowly, of course, since Vulpa sapped him of so much strength. He's... going to shoot magic into the forest? No... wait a minute... That's where the village is! He's going to destroy it!!

She slings Ru over her shoulder, growling. I have to do something! She thinks, thrusting her arm outward and trying to gather any energy she can.

Omega laughs loudly into the air, curling his arm. "Time to DIE!!!" He yells, thrusting his arm forward, a giant purple blast firing from the ball.

The elder wolf turns back at Omega at about this time, and gasps, seeing the blast coming. "No... There's no time to evacuate... They'll all be killed!"

He growls, clenching his fists, green energy rippling around him quickly. He then slams his hands together, gripping into fists with his index and thumb fingers extending, letting out a yell in the process. I will make a barrier around the village... I just hope this works...

He starts chanting then, in just long deep notes, and a barrier appears around the entire village. It's a faint yellow, looking like glass, and the elder keeps his stance, watching the blast approach. Vulpa sees the blast go, and snarls a bit, trying desperately to summon her energy. It's too late... My energy is gone... Ru only healed me on the outside...

The purple blast collides with the energy barrier, and nearly instantly, shatters it. The elder wolf's eyes widen, and his arms fall limp to his sides. "He broke it... He's too powerful..."

He just stares at the blast as it comes closer. "T-This is the end... Forgive me villages, my power wasn't enough to protect you..."

The blast then hits the ground, and in an instant, blackish-purple energy explodes all around. The elder wolf is hit, and literally torn apart by the energy. It rips through all the other villagers around, and every building, like a sword through parchment. Vulpa sees a gigantic purple blast fly from the ground and into the sky, electric-like energy rippling around it, the sheer power blowing nearby trees out of the ground by their roots. "NOOOOOO!!!" She yells loudly.

Omega laughs loud and happily to himself. "I do love this kind of fireworks! HA HA HA HA!!"

The purple energy dissipates away gradually, leaving only a massive cloud of orange smoke in the sky. Vulpa watches with tear-covered cheeks as Omega resumes flying off past the smoke. "Motherfucker... I swear... You WILL pay for this..." She says to herself, sniffing afterward.

She then looks downward, at Ru, and also noticing the dead body of their mother nearby, her wounds having bled a good amount. Ru is still unconscious... I'll leave her right here... It's best she doesn't see what I'm about to do...

She sets her little sister down, seating her against a tree, and looking over again. She goes and finds the body - or what's left of it - of her boyfriend Spinel, and sets it next to the scorched skeletal remains of her father. She winces, and tries to remain strong, as she walks and picks up the body of her mother. She can't help but cry some more now, her voice skipping with sobs. It would be too much for Ru to see our mother dead again, and our father... like this...

She looks at the body of her father as she sets her mother down near it, whimpering a bit. "F..Father..."

Vulpa then begins to cough, and she stumbles away, vomiting all over the ground. She then stumbles a bit and bumps against a tree, holding onto it while her mouth and eyes drip. No... I must overcome this... Father told us to be strong...

She raises herself back up straight, taking a few deep breaths, and looking over at the three bodies. She walks slowly to them, getting her feelings in check. I must do this...

She gets down onto one knee, clenching her fists and placing her elbow upon the knee. Her eyes close, and her head dips low, as she concentrates. Here goes... "For those who were killed in an unfair way by evil force, I wish for your souls to reach welfare and happiness in the other world..."

A light blue aura forms around her as she says the words, and eventually repeats them. She then gets a slight chill, and opens her eyes, which affix on the face of her mother. And then the body shifts to a blue color, her eyes opening and becoming blank white, the red triangles under her eyes remaining. Vulpa gasps gently, standing straight and taking a few steps back as the same happens to the boys. They become literal whitish-blue spirits, head, body and arms, and their legs replaced by a long wisp of whiteness. It... It works! They're spirits!

The spirit of Silver, her father, looks at her. "Vulpa... Thank you... We're very proud of you and Ru..." He says, his voice the same, but sounding ghostly.

The spirit of her mother Lune comes up next to Silver. "Please take care of Ru for us... And... Make sure she meets with Alpha, as the prophecy says... We will always love you, and although you won't be able to see us, we will be with you forever..." She states.

"Mother... Father..." Vulpa says, the tears she had shed before welling up again.

That's when she feels a ghostly paw on her shoulder. She looks behind her. "Did you think I could go without saying goodbye?"

"Spinel!!!" She yells, to the spirit of her fallen boyfriend.

Her hugs her body, pressing his face against hers. "Thank you for everything, Vulpa... That we've been through... I will miss you, and you must know that I will always love you as well..."

"Oh Spinel... Me too... I hope we can meet again some day..."

He nods, but then begins to rise, just like her parents have been doing. "I have to go now, Vulpa... Don't ever give up..."

Her arm raises as he spins around it as he rises upward toward the sky. "Goodbye, Spinel!!" She yells, having ignored all the tears that have shed since he began speaking.

She looks to the sky, as the spirits of her three loved ones rise. The sky, which had been darkened by the smoke of the fire and the destruction of the village, is showing blue again as the smoke swirls away in one spot. Many more spirits can then be seen floating above the trees, the spirits of the villagers that fell by Omega's hand. My prayer helped the villagers too...

She smiles, wiping her cheeks with her fist. I'm... I'm happy now. I can still have hope now that I'm with Ru... And I'm sure I'll be the light that clears out darkness...

She watches the spirits rise into the blueness of the sky, before turning down and looking over at her sister, whom is resting peacefully against the tree. She walks the several feet over, and lifts up her little sister again, noting that she is still so very exhausted. It's time to meet with Alpha!

She takes one last look up into the sky, the spirits all having departed now. The sky remains blue in that spot, the smoke still remaining on the slow road to disappearing. She lowers her head, and gives a sigh, and a gentle smile, before looking in one direction of the destroyed woods, and walking down the pathway with her sister in tow.



It was the next day in the Rufus family house. Luckily, Vulpa and her family had never lived in the village itself, but rather Silver and Lune built the home outside of it to live amongst the trees and the forest. Now in the house, Ru is sitting on her bed, crying and sobbing freely. Vulpa, who has slipped on a new pair of panties, looks over at her and smiles gently, though she can't see it yet. "Ru, please don't cry. Our parents are both very happy to know we're okay. And our house was far enough away from the fire, too!"

Ru sniffles, moving her hands away from her eyes and looking up at her sister sadly. Vulpa just stays smiling to her. "And I'm sure we can get everything we need here for our journey." She looks over to a clothes dresser. Well... I wasn't able to shrink myself back to how I was, but at least my panties fit me since they're a bit elastic.

She opens the dresser, and there is one of her pink dresses, like the one that got torn up on her body, hanging. She takes it off the hook there. I'm not totally sure if this will fit me, though... But I'll try anyway...

She lifts the dress up and slides it over her head. It's a bit tight to get on, and she makes a few struggling noises. Ru blinks a few times, noticing what her sister is doing. Vulpa manages to get her arms through it, and the dress goes down to about her waist. "... Damn!" Vulpa says.

Ru blinks a bit, and then starts giggle. Vulpa looks at her. "With your body that big, your clothes make you look like a baby! I bet you need a nap too!" She says.

Vulpa growls a bit. "Ahh, c'mon, that isn't funny Ru!"

Ru continues giggling, but she stands up and walks over. "I have an idea, sister!"

She grabs her sister's hanging dress, and then starts tearing it. She tears just under where it's tight against her breasts, and then ties it around her waist, causing it to hang over her lower body like a loincloth. "Hey! Good idea, sis! It's better than running around in my panties all day." She says, smiling down at Ru. "And you've stopped crying."

Ru nods. "Well... I feel a bit better, yeah. And... You said mommy and daddy told you of a prophecy that said I'm the one fated to defeat Omega? Can you explain this? And... we have to meet someone named Alpha? Who is he?"

Vulpa listens to her words, and nods a bit. "Well... Mom and Dad told me about it when you were a baby. It said you were destined to save this world, but in order to do it, you must become an orphan. That meant... mother, father and I were to die by Omega's hand, leaving you the survivor."

Ru gasps. "W..What?"

Vulpa nods a bit, but continues. "Afterwards, you were supposed to train and get strong because you would be all alone, to get revenge. BUT... You've changed part of the prophecy by saving my life. That alone gives me great hope."

Ru swallows a bit, quivering, but she stays strong, and nods to her sister. "And... Alpha?" She asks.

"Alpha... I don't know much about him or her. When I was little, father told me that Alpha is the opposite being of Omega, but he or she is a hermit. And he also said that he or she was god's servant, or something like that."

Ru thinks. "... Omega's opposite... I see..."

Vulpa nods softly. "All I know is, we are to go northwest to try and find Alpha. We need to get some provisions first though, because I think this will be a very hard journey."

"Yes, and other equipment too. I found some sleeping bags once that mommy and daddy used for long travels!" Ru states.

Vulpa smiles happily. "Great, they'll be useful! And we're also lucky we have a lot of jerky here, hehe. Food will be scarce because of Omega's attacks."

Ru giggles with her, and she softly smiles up to her big sister. They both nod to each other, and begin to get things ready. And after several minutes, many bags are packed, sleeping bags and necessities. They took them all outside, and Vulpa bundled them all into a large cube shape. "Wow, sis, isn't this a bit much?" Ru asks.

"We need all we can get, sis. Besides, look." Vulpa says.

She then slips her arms into the straps, and groans a bit as she stands up still, now carrying everything on her back, and not seeming to show any strain. "... Wow, sis!" Ru says, her eyes looking surprised.

Vulpa chuckles, and smirks down at her. "Well... I'd say we're ready to start the journey, don't you agree, little sis?"

Ru nods, smiling widely. "You bet!" She yells, raising an arm high.

Vulpa giggles, and raises her own. "Then we're off!"

Ru giggles, and looks northwest, before both of them start walking. Though Vulpa makes one pause, to look back at their home. She stares at it for just a moment, before giving a determined smile, and turning back to follow her sister.



TO BE CONTINUED...

Characters and storyline © Mariano
Used with permission
Strip Note: 38-46

~ Scy
Sign up to rate and review this story