Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Not OK

I'm Not OK

by mcrluver4life113 5 reviews

This is my first story and i have no idea if you'll like it or mot, i just started on this site anywayz! Well, its about Gerard and he finds out he has a kid...which he knew about, but the kid did...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-06-28 - Updated: 2007-06-29 - 2081 words - Complete

0Unrated
I'm Not OK
"Describe yourself." The paper was sitting in front of me, almost mocking me with the simplicity of the question. Describe myself? I had to laugh. That had to be the easiest question on this stupid survey.
"My Chemical Romance." Was all I put. That was all I ever put for that question. On anything. If someone told me to describe myself in three words, it was My Chemical Romance. Two words? MCRmy leader. OK, no, I didn't get the pleasure of creating the MCRmy, but I was definitely one of the longest members of it. That gave me some
control, right? Well, I think the reason I only put MCR was because I was afraid to put anything else about me. I was an orphan, which most people didn't know about me. I've had friends in the past, but most of them are preppy now. My only real friend was Suzie, another orphan. We where like sisters. Or more like twins. We both had a deep love for My Chemical Romance, and an even deeper love for the heartthrob Gerard Way (and his brother). I mean, it was definitely guessable by the pictures all over out room. When people asked us why we liked them so much, we would simply say "Because you don't." We sort of figured that was the point of MCR. Well, enough about MCR, let's talk about what else I like. OK, I'm just kidding. I pretty much could care less about anything else.
"Mindy, please hand in your survey." The teacher said, impatiently. My head shot up. It was almost the end of the day, and I was still in my seat. All the other kids, besides Suzie, where already gathering their books and out to their lockers. I walked up to the front of the room.
"Srry." I muttered, and me and Suzie went to out lockers. It was the last day of the school year, but yet I had still forgotten where my locker was. I looked at my palm. 113, it said. That must be my locker number.
"See ya at the bus, Min." Suzie smiled, and walked away in a way only Suzie could. I headed for locker number 113. I opened it with the code just under the number on my hand, and looked inside. I had already put up all my MCR posters from the past year. And in the back was a Gerard Way timeline of hairstyles. He changed his hair way too often for me to just remember. Right now he had painfully short blonde hair and still black eyebrows. That killed Suzie to see his hair and eyebrows unmatching like that. I found it funny, like his sense of humor. But that's just me. I got my books and walked as fast as possible to the bus. There I found Suzie in our usual seat, reading an add for a comic book called "The umbrella academy.
"What's that?" I plopped down next to her, reading over her shoulder.
"Gerard's new comic that just so happens to be coming out in May." Oh. My. God.
"No WAY! What's it about?!?!?!" I spazzed like I usually did at new MCR news.
"I have no clue." She said, smiling like a retard.
"Cute." I said, sarcastically. The whole bus ride was us looking at the add, then discussing what the hell it was about. When we got home, we googled it about ten times until we found it on ebay for pre-orders.
"Hey, Auntie Marge," I called, seeing that you need a credit card to order it. Auntie Marge was our foster mother, a large black woman with a jolly sense of humor and great cooking.
"I saw your little comic book online and I already ordered two for you." She came in smiling and stirring a bowl of who knows what. Suzie ran up and hugged her, me at her heels.
"Oh my god, thanks!" I said, while Suzie was speechless. The phone rang.
"Alright, girls, I have to get that. Go check in on Minnie." Our dog was having puppies, so we had to check on her daily.
"But Max already did." I whined.
"You know he never douse it right," the woman had a point. The one other five year old orphan was pretty incompetent. So we went in to check.
"Hey, Minnie, darling." Suzie cooed. Minnie was a Mickey until he got pregnant. Then he was a she and we had to rethink all our dog toy color schemes.
"Why do you keep adding a 'darling' to everyone's name? I thought only popular robots did that."
"Because it sounds good, Mindy darling." She smiled slyly.
"You disgust me." I laughed.
"Mindy, can you come here a minute." I heard Marge yell. She sounded shaky. "Alone, dear."
Suzie gave me a puzzled look as I walked into the kitchen, which I returned over my shoulder. When I walked in I could smell all the spices necessary for spaghetti sauce, and was suddenly hungry. The kitchen was like Auntie Marge's mothership. She barely left this place during the day. Only to buy more food. I looked at her and saw tears streaming down her large, usually smiling cheeks. She whipped her eyes and tried her hardest to smile.
"They tell me they found your parents." I knew this day would come, but not today. The statement hit me like a punch. Nice way to start summer. "Your mother is, well, missing sweetie." I had assumed they where both dead, but at least I could hope for a decent father. What I got was more than decent. "Your father, is, um, it's hard to say this dear, you must realize." He's in jail. Or worse, he must be dying. Both my parents had cancer and my mother was blessed with being put out of her misery first. My dad only had a few days and I was going to be on TV for being an orphan and finding my dad days before his final hour. Oh well. At least I didn't have to leave Suzie. "Your father is Gerard Way."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I felt the room spinning around me, even after I screamed, and panicked, and Marge hung up the phone. Gerard Way? How was that possible? He was like, 30! And I was already 13. He must have had me when he was, like, 16! I started to feel faint. I looked around and saw the world going colorless. Goodbye everything I know, and hello unconsciousness and confusion. But I managed to stay awake long enough to get to a couch and sit down. Suzie walked in and looked at me like I was crazy. But, I suppose I am. I just heard Marge say that the guy I've wanted to marry my whole life was my father. It was an interesting last day of school.
"Um, your dad, um, Gerard, will be here by 10:30." She looked at me with sad eyes. "Marge told me to tell you." She plopped down next to me and put her arm around me. "Not how you expected meeting him, is it?" she was still looking at me.
"Hell no." I said. A pulse ran through my head at the effort to speak and I realized how bright it was in here. "10:30, you said? Tonight?"
"He kind of already knew you where here, he just didn't want to shock you out of your school work so he called today. Marge knew, and so did I, but she started crying when she knew you where really leaving. I-I hope you like him like you did before today." She looked jealous.
"Don't worry, at least your not related to him." How the hell was that supposed to sound good? "I-I mean, you can still be in love with him. I can only love him as a dad." I tried the word on for size, and it fit like Marge's clothes would fit Minnie.
"Thanks, but you don't need to cheer me up. At least I get to meet him. That's all I ever really wanted, you know." I smiled at her effort to make me even think she was happy for me.
"I'll get you into all the concerts you can possibly imagine. Maybe he'll adopt you too?" it came out like a pity suggestion and she knew it was never going to happen. But I really was going to get her backstage. She was going to treat Gerard like a father too, if I was. She was going to do more than meet him.
"I'm happy for you." She said, in a monotone.
"I'm not happy for me." Her head jerked up, "Like I said, I can't love him like I used to. Does he know I'm an MCR fan?" she shook her head. A ping of excitement grew up in my stomach. It was so great, I felt like I was going to throw up. But it was too good a feeling for that. "So I can freak him out like any fangirl would?" a smile grew on her otherwise puzzled face. We ran of to our room to cram on all our MCR knowledge while Gerard was flying on a Southwest Airline airplane.
Gerard
"Drink sir- omigod! You're Gerard Way! No WAY!" I did always hate that. The waitress on the airplane was definitely a teenybopper.
"Yes, Way, that happens to be my last name. No, I'm not thirsty, but I would like to know how long this flight is." I said, with my most Gerard-ish smile.
"Um- it's, like, 5 hours or something. I'm kinda new here, so I'll go find out and get back to you." Please, no.
"Um, forget it, I'm just gonna look it up." I held up my ticket.
"OK." She smiled at me and ran off pushing the tray so fast I thought she's tip the whole plane. She ran up to the other girls working there and started whispering, occasionally pointing to me and giggling. One of them actually screamed with glee and clapped her hands together. She came over with a pen and a relatively good picture of me.
"Sign this, please." She looked like she would attack me at any moment. Her nametag said "Jackie". Let's have some fun with this one, shall we. I think I deserve to mess with some teenyboppers after being exposed to them my whole life. OK, more like six years, but oh well.
"OK, Jackie." I looked up from the corner of my eye. She was beaming in shock that I knew her name. "With love, from Gerard Way, to Jackie." I wrote in sharpie, and handed it back to her, holding back hysterical laughing.
"Ha!" she breathed, looking at it with wide eyes. "Usually you just put xoxo, G. But, oh wow." She walked away slowly, and when she was out of earshot, I started to laugh. Next to me was a sleeping Mikey. I shook him awake.
"We've got some fangirls on this here plane, Mr. Way." He smiled.
"What'd you do this time?"
"I just filled a girl's dreams via paper." He looked at me and laughed almost as hard as I did. We both needed a good laugh today. We where off to find my long lost daughter, who could or could not be a fangirl, which scared the shit out of me. Most fangirls wanted to, um, let's not mention that right now. But this one couldn't, um, you know...She is my daughter after all.
"Do you think she'll be a fangirl? Like that one over there?' I looked over at Mikey, who was feverishly stuffing airplane peanuts into his head like a starving man.
"What, I haven't eaten since, like, Wednesday!" it was Friday, but it was still annoying. "And, no, probably not. She probably likes us, but isn't obsessive like every flight attendant for Southwest." He rolled his eyes in Jackie's direction. "Like her. Anyways, what's the chance of her being a fangirl, huh?" he had a point.
"You have a point." I looked up at the TV randomly listing off facts and trivia about crap I could care less about. "But still, I would kill myself if my own kid was drooling over me all the time. I get that from everyone else, you know?" when I looked over, Mikey was sleeping, his face smashed against the window. It was raining outside. My mood matched the weather, and it matched Mindie's too.
Sign up to rate and review this story