Categories > Original > Humor > The South Hampton Witch

Chapter One

by nicole_fletcher 0 reviews

Nikki Fletcher always thought of her life as a normal one. She had great friends, a loving family, not to mention, being one of the most influencial kids in school. But then one night she discovere...

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-07-01 - 1142 words

0Unrated
Nicole Fletcher, (Nikki for short), always thought she had the perfect life. She was just elected as head cheerleader of Barcliff High School Falcons not to mention student body president. She's just your typical teenager; pretty, smart, and rich. Well, maybe not that typical but I think she falls in that category. Her best friends, Roxanne, (Roxy for short), and Ryan are the greatest that a girl could have and her family loves and supports her, (although her sister, Carla, can sometimes be a pain in the ass.) But then one night it just happened without any notice whatsoever.

"Ahhhhhhh!! Holy S*!!" exclaimed Nikki who had just awaken in the middle of the night because of a revelation that changed her life forever.
At first she thought she dreaming, so she tried pinching herself but nothing happened so she slapped herself but she found that it did nothing other than inflict pain. And then it hit her that it was no dream (although it seemed more like a nightmare to her. It was real. She was actually floating in midair.

"Ahhhhhhh!! Mom!! What's happening!! Nikki shouted so loud that she could have awakened the entire neighborhood. Then Mrs. Fletcher stormed inside the room only to find her daughter floating about.

When one floats in midair, the usual response of course would be shock and frustration resulting in endless screaming and in some cases, nausea. Except for the nausea part, Nikki was terrified and horrified when woke up which, one would suppose, was quite normal. But when her mom came dashing into her room she was more shocked to find her quite astounded in fact they looked quite.....happy.

"Mom. What is happening? Why am I....floating??" asked Nikki, still flustered. "Oh my God! I can't believe it! You have the gift. You have your powers>" responded Mrs. Fletcher with glee in her tone. "What are you talking about?" asked Nikki who was now more frustrated than before then, Thump! She fell on the bed and then bounced on the floor. "Ouch! My arm!" exclaimed Nikki since it was her arm that broke her fall from the bed. "Honey are you alright?" asked her mother who came rushing to help her up. "I'm fine Mom." replied Nikki, now sitting on the edge of her bed. "Now would you please tell me what is going on." Said Nikki, who now appeared calm enough to hear what her mother had to say. "Nikki, what I'm about to tell you must never come out of this room. Promise me>"said her mother who sat on the bed with her. "I promise Mom now please tell me what's happening to me." replied Nikki. "Okay Nikki, now try to please contain your excitement. You don't want to wake your sister up." replied her mother. "I'm just gonna come right out and say it okay? Honey you're a witch." said Mrs. Fletcher. "Right, and Dad's Superman." replied Nikki with a hint of sarcasm in her tone. "Nikki, I'm not kidding. You're really a witch. Or rather we are witches." said Mrs. Fletcher. Nikki sat stunned for a moment then opened her mouth and asked, "A spell-casting, potion-making, broom-riding witch?" "Yes honey." replied her mother who seemed relieved to see Nikki grasp the situation calmly. "Are you Insane??", exclaimed Nikki after reflecting on the fact that she was as she liked to phrase it, "a spell-casting, potion-making, broom-riding witch " "Nicole Louise Fletcher, don't you use that tone with me!" replied her mother. "But mom, I can't be a witch, I mean, Mom, a witch? That's the same as being called monster!" said Nikki who, again, was starting to become hysterical.

"Nikki, contrary to what you may have read in fairytales or watched in cartoons, not all witches are bad. I knew I shouldn't have let you watch those cartoons when you were a little girl, not do they degrade witches but they're violent." remarked Mrs. Fletcher while trying to remember those Sunday morning cartoons Nikki used to watch when she was younger.

"Mom, so you mean to tell me that you're a witch too?" asked Nikki. "Yes Nikki. And so was your grandmother, your great grandmother and your great, great grandmother and ...."said Mrs. Fletcher. "Okay, I get it Mom. It's in our blood." said Nikki, who, was now back to her calm state. "Does Dad know about this?" asked Nikki. "I never told him." replied her mother now looking guilty. "You know you're father Nikki." said Mrs. Fletcher. "Don't get me wrong, I love your father but, sometimes, he can be a bit stubborn." continued Mrs. Fletcher. "You have a point. No wonder I couldn't sneak up on you when I was younger." said Nikki trying to recall that time when her mother was in the terrace, reading the newspaper and drinking her tea when she called Nikki who was supposedly going to sneak up on her mother but unfortunately, her plan was spoiled by none other than Mrs. Fletcher herself.. "Drats! How'd you know it was me?" asked little Nikki who was only eight years old at that time. "Honey, I'm your mother. You can never keep anything from me." said her mother and then picked her and put Nikki in her lap and kissed her on the cheek. "Not fair!" argued Nikki who this cute little stubborn look on her face.

"Will you ever tell him?" asked Nikki. "Perhaps, someday, one can't tell." replied her mother. "Nikki, do you remember that time when you were younger and we went to the lake one afternoon, and I told you that someday you were going to have to make your choices someday and charge your own path, you didn't seem to understand what I meant." said Mrs. Fletcher. "Yeah Mom, seemed like a long time ago but I can recall it." replied her daughter. "Honey, someday you might have to make the decision whether to keep this gift or give it up, and believe me, life would have been better if I had given up my powers when I had the chance but heck, where was the fun in that right?" said Mrs. Fletcher and then gave Nikki an look that only a mother could give her daughter. "Whatever path you choose in the future, just remember that I'll always be behind you 100 %." said Mrs. Fletcher and then gave her daughter a hug then stood up and headed for the door. "Oh, and Nikki, let's keep this between us, okay? asked Mrs. Fletcher before heading out the door. "
"I will Mom." replied Nikki as her mother went out of the door. Nikki checked the time than returned to sleep, not minding that she only had one hour left to doze off since it was a school day. "What a bizarre night." she thought to herself and then fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story