Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here comes another paper cut

And the way your innocence tastes

by getup_n_go 3 reviews

i really miss your hair on my face and the way your innocence tastes and i think you should know that you deserve much better than me

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-07-01 - 2300 words

1Moving
"Papercut" Part Ten: And the way your innocence tastes

Wish I never would've said it's over
And I can't pretend
I won't think about you when I'm older
'Cause we never really had our closure


**************

"MORGAN ELIZABETH STUMPH GET UP HERE RIGHT NOW!" Patrick wasn't a yeller, so when he did yell, every knew they better move their ass. In Morgan's case, her father never yelled at her, talked down to her or ever punished her, so when her full name came bellowing out of his mouth, it startled her right down to her bones.

Destiny stood up in her chair, her fork clattering to the plate, walking to the foot of the staircase. Connor sat his fork down solemly, sighing as once again, all eyes were on his sister. No one ever asked him if he had problems, if he needed to talk, everything was just about Morgan and her problems. Occasionally, he wished he was able to talk to his parents, most of the time he took joy in the fact that he could basically do anything he wanted, but sometimes he wanted to be able to confide in his parents...or at least have them consider giving him the time of day.

"Patrick, what is your problem?" Destiny asked as she approached the stairs.

"Where is she?"

"What's the problem?"

"NO! WHERE IS SHE!?" Morgan appeared innocently around her mother's back, looking up the stairs at her father's beet red face. "Get up here, now!" Patrick said to her through clenched teeth. Destiny's gaze turned from the look of rage in Patrick's eyes, to her daughter's guilty eyes sulking up the stairs, and she felt her heart begin to pound in her chest...had Patrick discovered the source of Morgan's pain?

Morgan stood in front of her father, feeling incredibly awkward and uncomfortable under his gaze. He wasn't speaking to her, but she knew what he was so mad about. Patrick had grabbed her arm and drug her into his bedroom, keeping his eyes on her, waiting for her to crack so he wouldn't have to scream at her.

After about ten minutes of an awkward, tense silence, Patrick finally spoke up.

"I'm going to give you a chance to explain yourself before I absolutely lose it on you," he said calmly, but to Morgan, he might as well have just screamed at her, his tone was frightening.

"Daddy, I don't know what you're talking about," she replied in her most innocent voice. She knew exactly what was happening, but she didn't want to believe that Patrick had found out already, she barely got the time to be with Joe.

"Morgan, I swear to god, don't play stupid with me right now," he said to her. Morgan shrugged at sat down on her parent's bed. She went to reach into her pocket to pull out her cell phone, to try and put up a guard, when she realized it wasn't it her pocket.

"Looking for this?" Patrick asked holding out her phone. She reached forward and grabbed it from him, peering down at the open message. She couldn't help as her face got red and mouth fell open. "You're getting one more chance to tell me this isn't what it looks like because if he laid even a finger on you, you are never going to be seeing him again because I'm going to fucking murder him!"

Morgan felt the strong urge to lie, anything to protect Joe and to keep them together, but nothing was coming to her, there was no lie to be said.

"I don't think you realize what your mother is going to do when she hears about this. She's worse than I am, Mo. You are so much fucking trouble you aren't coming out of your room until you finish graduate school," he added. Morgan didn't know what to do, she had no words to make the situation better or turn around in her favor. There was no way she was going to sell out Joe and make him look like a villain because she was the one who provoked the situation to begin with.

"Daddy, I don't care what mom does, says or thinks. Mom doesn't care about me anyway, so go ahead and tell her, she'll probably cheer."

"Morgan, you are so blind. She loves you just like I do, when she read those papers she wanted to come and help you, but I knew you wouldn't talk to her, so I came instead, now I sort of wish I didn't. This is killing me right now! Joe is my friend not to mention what you're doing is incredibly illegal! What would possess you to even do this?!"

"I love him, Dad! I'm not sorry, so don't even ask me to apologize about it!"

"Morgan, you don't know what love is, and Joe is at blame for letting you believe whatever he says to you. Fuck, you think you know someone..." Patrick put his hand to his face and rubbed, he couldn't believe that this was actually happening to his family right now.

While she had a moment, Morgan quickly sent Joe and S.O.S, warning him that the secret was out and they were both about to get in some serious trouble. She told him not to reply until later, she would get back to him when she knew more information.

"Why is there yelling happening right now?" Destiny's voice came from around the corner and she walked into the bedroom. Morgan felt herself panic. She wasn't afraid of Patrick, it was Destiny who scared her, because for some reason, where Patrick had trouble with the follow through on punishments, Destiny had no problem locking her up and throwing away the key.

"Are you going to tell her, or am I?" Patrick said, turning his attnetion to Morgan. She didn't want to show weakness, she wanted her resolve to stay strong, so she shrugged, trying to indicate she didn't care what he did. "Fine," Patrick said, reaching forward and snatching the cell phone out of Morgan's hand. Morgan could've kicked herself for not deleting the message when she had the chance, but ultimately she knew that would've landed her even more hot water.

Patrick handed the cell phone to Destiny, opening the offending message and watching as she tried to put the pieces together.

"What the hell is this, Morgan?" She asked, looking at her daughter like she was some sort of foreign stranger in her own bedroom.

"Morgan seems to think her and Joe are in love," Patrick replied, pulling his hat down lower and crossing his arms. He was visually upset with the entire situation, it not only worried Destiny, but it made Morgan feel terrible about whatever she was doing to him. Joe was the only guy from Fall Out Boy he still had a decent relationship with, and now that was over, it was hard for him to realize that the last piece from when his life was so amazing and surreal was now going to end up just another piece of his past like everyone else.

"...did he touch you?" Destiny was getting straight to the point. She didn't care if Joe was a long time friend and someone she truly loved and cared about, if his perverted hands got anywhere near her daughter she was going to send his ass to jail in a heartbeat.

Morgan felt he cheeks flush, Patrick knew Joe touched her, she left the papers and her panties out for him to figure it out so she wouldn't have to say anything about it. Patrick reached into his back pocket and showed the panties to Destiny, who fell completely silent at the sight of them.

"He's fucking dead!" Destiny yelled, turning on her heel and leaving the bedroom.

"Morgan, I wasn't kidding. Get in your room and stay there until I ask you to come out. I need to figure out what to do with you," Patrick said, pointing her out of the bedroom. Morgan gulped, tears threatening to fall out of her eyes. Destiny still had her cell phone, so there was no way she could warn Joe that her parents were ready to castrate him.

Destiny stormed down the stairs, and out the front door, ready to get in her car and serve Joe with some of her finest. Patrick chased after her, stopping her in the driveway.

"Destiny, stop and think. If you lash out on him now, you'll also get in trouble and I don't want you to overreact right now."

"Overreact?! Patrick, someone we thought was out friend as violated out daughter! How can you possible be saying I'm overreacting right now?"

"Just stop, and get back in the house, we'll figure something out..." Patrick said, as his voice trailed off. Lights just turned into his driveway, and as the car came closer, he could see it was Joe. Destiny pulled herself out of Patrick grip, jumping on Joe the minute he got out of his car.

She grabbed his shirt and slammed him back up against the side of his car, "You mother fucker! I can't bleive you would do this to my daughter! I thought I fucking knew you! You're just another perv who will take advantage of an innocent young girl, who just so happens to be your best friends daughter! I want to fucking rip your head off right now, Joe!" Patrick sighed and walked over to them, taking Destiny's hands away from Joe's shirt, backing her away from him. Joe kept his expression blank, he was refusing to feel remorse for what he did, because he still knew it was real, it still knew how Morgan made him feel. He straightened his shirt and stared at his friends, Destiny heaving in anger, while Patrick gave him a questioning look.

"Where is she?" Joe asked, looking for Morgan.

"Fuck you, you aren't coming within 100 feet of my daughter ever again!" Destiny yelled at him.

"She's upstairs, in her room," Patrick replied. Destiny moved herself away from him, staring at Patrick in wonderment.

"You're going to let him near her, after what he did? What's wrong with you?"

Joe walked passed the couple arguing in the driveway and went towards the hosue.

"No! You're not going in there!"

"Destiny! Let him go, let him talk her out of it," Patrick said. He knew Joe better than this, he was sure of it, Joe wasn't going to let this continue, he was smarter than that.

Destiny watched as she let this stranger into her home, his eyes were glazed over, like he'd been getting high all day, and he didn't look like the carefree Joe she knew, he looked like a monster to her.

Joe's heart was pounding in his chest, he was so furious with Morgan right now, she ruined everything. He should've known better than to think she was going to be able to handle the level of intimacy they reached. He walked to her bedroom and opened the door. She looked started to see him there, but ran to him, holding him tightly as he wrapped his arms around her.

"We can't do this anymore, it has to end," Joe said, running his fingers through her hair. Morgan shook her head, burying her face into his chest.

"I don't want to end it, Joe I love you. I don't care what my parents say! I'll move in with you, I'll get away." Joe just shook his head, fifteen year old dreams were so nice to think about, nice to entertain, but when it came to reality, Joe knew that this was never going to work.

"Morgan, that's never going to work, we are never going to happen anymore. We can't." Joe pushed her away from him and sat on her bed, pulling her down beside him. "You will never know how much you mean to me, everything you've done for me and how much I honestly love you, but this can't happen. I'm sorry. If you still love me and haven't moved on in three years, I'll still be here for you, but I know you'll find someone more suitable for you, you're a beautiful, intelligent girl." Joe leaned forward and placed his lips gently on hers, Morgan felt herself pout, she was trying hard to fight more tears from falling. She couldn't believe Joe was just giving up.

"I wanted you to be my first, Joe. I was ready for you," she replied.

"No, you weren't. The way you reacted to what happened earlier today was proof that you aren't ready, and I'm not going to be the one to make you feel regret later in your life. It's over, I'm sorry," Joe said, kissing her one more time before getting up and leaving the room. Morgan just stared in disbelief, she wasn't ready to let go, she still needed Joe and she was determined to keep her in love with him, to keep her with him...

Joe left her bedroom and walked quietly down the stairs and left the house, feeling Destiny and Patrick watching him as he walked out into the driveway. Joe was hurting, he didn't want to end things with Morgan, he still felt so strongly for her, but he knew better than to let it continue, he wasn't suited for jail. He sort of hoped Morgan kept herself open for him until she was old enough, but something deep inside of him knew she going to move on, he was just going to end up a learning experience from her past...

*********
I think you can do much better than me
After all the lies that I made you believe
Guilt kicks in
Sign up to rate and review this story