Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And I Wish You Away

Eggplant Parmesian

by haleyxhomicide 3 reviews

Blehck

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-07-01 - 734 words

0Unrated
Chapter 26.
"You ready?" Jamia asked me, as we stood in front of my parents house. It was 9 at night, and I was exhausted from a long flight; but despite my exhaustion, I didn't want to open the door.
"No, I don't think I'll ever be ready. It seems like I havn't seen any of them in ages. Listen, they're all in there." I said, pressing my ear against the door to hear tons of New Jersey accents and my aunt Marie's harty laugh.
"Oh come on, Frank, I wanna' go inside. Just take a deep breathe and open the door. K?" She was getting pissy, she was tired and wanted some of my mom's eggplant parmesian waiting on the other side of the door.
I groaned and grabbed the door nob.
Jamia rolled her eyes, "Now, tuuurrrn the nob."
"ok, just give me a minute wouldja'??" Jesus woman.
"Jamia scoffed and pushed my hand away, opening the door to a stunned family. The front door slammed against the wall behind it, displaying my huge New Jersey family in all their floral print glory!
"FRANKIE SPANKIE!!" My aunt Marie yelled, making her way past the crowd to grab me into her rather large chest and smother me with red lipstick kisses.
"Now, let him go! You know he's a sickly little guy!" My uncle Raymond said, pushing Marie off of me to get a hug for himself. "Glad to see you're better Frankie."
"Thanks Uncle Ray." I said, letting go of my uncle. "Where's mom?" I asked, standing on my tippy-toes, hoping to find her over the stove cooking for me.
"She's in her bedroom, she wants to see you." Aunt Marie said, solemnly. Everyone stared at me, as if they were all waiting for me to leave the room.
I made my way past everyone and began walking down the hall untill I reached my mother's door at the end. I hesitated and then knocked lightly. No answer.
I pushed the door open gently and popped my head inside. "Ma?" I whispered.
"Come here Frankie." I opened the door wider and saw my mother sitting on the edge of the bed in a blue dress, her feet dangling off the side of the bed.
I slowly walked over to the bed and sat down beside her. "Hi Ma."

She turned to face me, her face streaming with big tears. Her face seemed old and worn, leathery almost. Not the soft, smooth complextion I had always remembered. My mother was always youthfull and vibrant, not this frail creature sitting beside me.
I sank into her arms as she took ahold of me and held my like she did when I was little. I gripped her silk dress tightly and held on as long and as hard as I could. I missed her so much, I could barely breathe sometimes. I never wanted to seem like a baby and say "I want my mommy!" but that's what my heart had been screaming all along.

I pulled away from mom's embrace and looked down at my feet. "I'm so sorry about all this ma'. Things just got so screwed up, and I just....kind of...lost myself."
She laughed, "Frankie, we all lose ourselves sometimes, it's a part of life; but the best way to find yourself all over again, is to go back to where you were made."
A silence spread in the room, not uncomfortable, just silence. "I'm proud of you Frank."
I laughed/scoffed, "What's there to be proud of?"
"Frank, not matter how much you screw up, no matter how crazy you get, I'll always be proud of the person that you truly are. I may not be proud of the person you let yourself become, but I am proud of who you are truly."
"Thanks Ma'" I said, smiling at her, "I'm really trying."
She smiled, "I know you are, and I'll be happy as long as you try. Now, come one, let's go and mingle with the Iero Mafia!"
Mom stood up and grabbed my hand, leading me out to the mob of family waiting to dig into some long time due Eggplant Parmesian.

I'm not really diggin' this chapter.
Bleck.
Oh well.
Next one will be better.
Review and shit.

Oh, p.s I have a new story started. Go on my profile and check it out. It's brilliant.
:D
Sign up to rate and review this story