Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > You Drive Me to Distraction

Chapter One

by danceislife 2 reviews

A dilemma, starting with a skunk...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-07-02 - Updated: 2007-07-02 - 675 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Hey Pete, your dog smells. Bad," Patrick said when the white and black dog came waltzing in from its trip outside to relieve itself.

"All dogs smell. At least he smells better than you!" Pete shot back, not looking up from the document he was reading. Successful businessmen such as himself had to keep on top of things. And on this particular fall morning he was attempting to do just that. He would be flying to Chicago in a few hours to meet with his beloved project, the band Panic! at the Disco. He was currently staying with his own band, Fall Out Boy, in a beach condo in North Carolina. A little vacation time never hurt anyone, and let's face it, the members of Fall Out Boy deserved it.

"Yeah Pete this is really bad. Not dog smelling bad," Andy chimed in. Pete got up from the table where he was previously sitting and walked over to where the dog was sitting.

"It almost smells like, you know," Joe started.

"Shit. He totally got sprayed by a skunk," Pete interrupted, running his fingers through his hair. "What am I going to do? Poor Hemingway, they wont let him on a plane. Hell, I don't want to be on a plane with him."

"Isn't your grandma's friend a dog groomer? Why don't you give her a call and ask her what to do?" Andy suggested, taking the dog's collar and leading him outside. The aroma that had gathered around the poor dog was less than delightful.

"Andy you are a genius!" Pete smiled, grabbing his cell phone.

"Don't you forget it!" Andy responded. With Hemingway outside, the other members of the band dispersed while Pete called his grandmother.

"Hi grandma, it's me, Peter," he said into the mouthpiece. Ten minutes later, and after a few "what's" and the repeating of the previous sentence, Pete had the number of the Chicago area groomer.

"Good afternoon, Petunia's pet grooming, how may I help you?" the voice on the other end said.

"Hello is Petunia there?" Pete asked.

"Just a moment please. May I ask who's calling?" the receptionist responded.

"Julia's grandson. I have a question for her if she's not too busy." Pete replied.

Shuffling and some voices could be heard on the other end, before an older woman's voice rang out:

"Peter! How good of you to call! What can I do for you?" Petunia said cheerfully.

"Hello Petunia. I hope you are doing well. I've run into a bit of a problem. My dog was sprayed by a skunk. How do I get rid of the smell?" Pete was on his best behavior. He possessed the ability to charm women of all ages, and he knew it too.

"Well where are you my dear? Just bring him in and I'll fix him right up for you!" Petunia replied with her thick Southern accent.

"Well, that's the problem. I'm on vacation in North Carolina right now." He said, hoping this wouldn't be too hard. He had yet to pack, and time was beginning to run out.

"North Carolina? What part! I just might have the perfect solution!" Petunia sounded extremely excited on the other end of the phone. Pete told her and he could hear shuffling on the other end of the phone.

"That's perfect! One of my employees is out there at just this moment! How about I give you the number and you just call right up and that will take care of everything!" Petunia recited the number like a caller on Bingo night.

"You just call that number and tell Alex that I gave you the number and you will be all set! Listen Peter dear I must go, but tell your grandmother to call me when she gets a chance. Good luck!" Then the line went dead and Pete stared at the number. Not what he wanted to do, but he didn't really have much other choice. He dialed the number.

I have 9 more chapters written. Start reviewing and I'll post them!
Sign up to rate and review this story