Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Are you perspiring from the irony?

Heads up damage control, there's a ring around her finger.

by missfiona 5 reviews

last chance for changing lanes, and you've missed it by a mile.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-03 - Updated: 2007-07-03 - 475 words

3Exciting
"Lou-fucking-ise," Peter Wentz stated, shaking his head slightly in, what she assumed to be, disbelief. It was either that or amusement, but she preferred the former.

For the next few seconds, Louise stood rooted to the sticky cement beneath her turquoise pumps, staring straight ahead with an uncanny resemblance to a deer caught in the headlights. The silence was broken with her undoubtedly witty response, her far superior intelligence evident.

"Who?"

And with just that one word spoken, Louise felt that it was prime time to make an exit, and so she did. Abruptly turning around, she slipped through the gaps in the crowd - which seemed to be much thinner now - and, with a hand on the door, she was preparing to declare her freedom when she felt an arm snake around her waist, tugging her backwards.

His skin against her own, causing her senses to erupt into what she was certain were flames, was all too familiar. The touch that she had once lived for, thrived off of even, now only sickened her. Making a conscious effort to keep down the bile that was slowly but surely making it's way up her throat once more, Louise kept her eyes focused on her feet as she struggled to release herself from his grasp. Another second spent so close to him would send her over the edge of reason, she was sure of it.

"Why do you do this?" she asked finally, raising her calm, grey eyes to meet his. For the past five years, he had done everything possible to make her life a living hell. Even when he was miles away, on the other side of the country, it seemed that no matter how much effort she put into distancing herself from him and the past that accompanied him, she was unable to.

Raising her left hand now, she cut him off before he had a chance to speak. "I'm engaged now, Peter. I'm getting married in three goddamn months, and you decide to waltz right back into my life now, of all times. How fucking typical."

With his eyes glued to the ring that was mere inches from his face, Pete seemed speechless. Louise knew what was passing through his mind at this moment, though she wished with all her might that she couldn't. She knew that his selfish expectations of a good, old hometown fuck were completely wiped from his intentions, and that now the reality was sinking in.

She was getting married, just as he had promised she would. But, unlike the plans they made through whispers over telephone lines all those years ago, he would not be the groom.

"Well, shit Lou."

---

Author's Note: So, another short chapter. The story sort of formed as I was writing this, and I have some plans for a few more chapters. Feedback? Ideas?
Sign up to rate and review this story